Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

more on this mexico action???
Old 12-24-10, 07:30 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by megamax
more on this mexico action???
The Mexico action is insane! I thought Florida had highways until I went to TX and saw the 7 lane all concrete highways! I've never taken my SC so I'm always in a rental and the last one was a Corolla which was a joke on the highway trying to keep up to see the runs!

Trust me, the entire weekend is always a blast! If you're a car enthusiast then you're going to enjoy yourself!
Old 12-24-10, 07:36 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by S142jz
I'll probly be going but I'm going to take the 240.
^^looks like me unless i can raise $6,000 before to finish my jz swap.
Old 12-24-10, 07:41 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
The Mexico action is insane! I thought Florida had highways until I went to TX and saw the 7 lane all concrete highways! I've never taken my SC so I'm always in a rental and the last one was a Corolla which was a joke on the highway trying to keep up to see the runs!

Trust me, the entire weekend is always a blast! If you're a car enthusiast then you're going to enjoy yourself!
so is there like a convention center that has the event?? an event organizer?? or is this just a on the way gathering???
Old 12-24-10, 07:53 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

so is there like a convention center that has the event?? an event organizer?? or is this just a on the way gathering???

It's an organized weekend with events taking place every day from Thursday thru Monday I think! Iknow the car show/dyno day takes place on Friday at Lonestar Motorsports and then some Test & Tune runs after. Saturday and Sunday are Drag racing all day and the Mexico events happen at night! There's a place where everyone gathers at night for a bikini Contest, I don't remember the name of the bar but once you're there, trust me you'll find all the events.

Here's the link, I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it though.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140
Old 12-24-10, 08:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

It's an organized weekend with events taking place every day from Thursday thru Monday I think! Iknow the car show/dyno day takes place on Friday at Lonestar Motorsports and then some Test & Tune runs after. Saturday and Sunday are Drag racing all day and the Mexico events happen at night! There's a place where everyone gathers at night for a bikini Contest, I don't remember the name of the bar but once you're there, trust me you'll find all the events.

Here's the link, I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it though.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140
This sounds like fun! I don't care for dynos and stuff, but the rest sounds awesome.

I thought it was really dangerous to go to Mexico? Has anyone ever gotten arrested or into trouble while you guys were out there?
Old 12-24-10, 08:23 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gota few people interested in having there car pulled down. LEMME KNOW if you want it done!
Old 12-24-10, 08:45 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you have a fast car, there's not much to see other than the stuff at the track. Heard from a friend that there's already six UGR Lambos confirmed to be there. If you know anything about the recent years of the Texas mile, you'll know what exactly expect out there from UGR.

Been down there the past two years and the power needed to be competitive is out of this world. You'll need at least 1000 to even compete with some of the guys on the street.

There's a place where everyone gathers at night for a bikini Contest, I don't remember the name of the bar but once you're there, trust me you'll find all the events.
Frank-N-Steins.

Last edited by SChema; 12-24-10 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-25-10, 02:50 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

hey does anyone have a zipcode for this cherplex place in tx?? i don't have a supra(anymore-or yet) and i really don't want to make an account on supraforums..
Old 12-25-10, 03:11 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

hey does anyone have a zipcode for this cherplex place in tx?? i don't have a supra(anymore-or yet) and i really don't want to make an account on supraforums..
not sure on zip codes but heres a peek at what went down last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3WiQK_mjM
Old 12-25-10, 03:20 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the swap is done i will be there knox tn? Any more from here
Old 12-25-10, 04:20 PM
tampa mike
Driver

We should be there too, with alot of extra e85 LOL
Old 12-25-10, 06:17 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

need a ZIP code??
Old 12-25-10, 08:25 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

need a ZIP code??

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune, 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations and 60-130 runs if you so wish.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am - qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm - eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm - eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
2:45 pm - eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
3:45 pm - final round eliminations

There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

DRAG RACING CLASSES - same as last year

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

MK1 - MK3 STREET CLASS
-Ct26 or Upgraded CT26 allowed
-1JZ with factory twins *or any CT26*
-Factory 5sp or Toyota Auto Transmission Allowed
-Stall speeds allowed
-DOT Approved Tires
-N/A with nitrous
-Any Fuel/IC/Exhaust Allowed
-Open Downpipes
-No ecu requirement

MK1 - MK3 MODIFIED CLASS
-Max Turbo size 67mm on 7m or 1J
-Stock Twins on a 2J
-Open DP Allowed
-Any tire, no tubs,fender rolling ok.
-Any ECU
-Factory Toyota Transmission, 5spd, 6spd, Auto
-Stalls allowed
-Nitrous with Upgraded CT's

MK1 - MK3 SUPER MODIFIED CLASS
-Max Turbo size 78 on 7M, 1J, 2J
-Nitrous Allowed
-Any Tire Allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-Any Tranny Allowed
-Open DP Allowed
-Standalones Allowed

Class 3 (STOCK TWINS)
Stock twin turbo setup, IRS, Toyota 5 or 6-speed or Toyota factory/built automatic (no other make transmissions allowed). No NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable tires. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 4 (TURBO STREET)
Turbocharger inducer size of 76mm and less allowed. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 5 (TURBO PRO)
Turbocharger inducer size greater than 76mm. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. Car must retain full interior, IRS and run gasoline as it's main fuel (methanol injection permitted). No air shifted transmissions or other make transmissions allowed other than those listed above. NITROUS permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. No W tires allowed. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 6 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Class 7 (6-Speed Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run a 6-speed transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

Street Car Class
This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...

The rules:

--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule

GTR Classes:

Stock Class - no ECU reflash allowed, must be on stock tune, must be on stock turbos, other bolt ons ok (exhaust, y-pipe)

Modified Class - ECU reflash and bolt ons allowed, only prohibited bolt on is aftermarket turbo's

UNLIMITED Class - no rules
Old 12-25-10, 08:26 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

The dyno day for TX2K11 will once again be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) The dyno day event will mirror the TX2K10 dyno day...first come first serve, 2 dyno's will be going at the same time, Anna and Rami Comingore will hold the dyno list...sponsors will be able to reserve dyno time. Last year we ended up dyno'ing around 40-45 cars and I plan to do the same this year. Cost to dyno - NOTHING, it's free like always...

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $15/person and is payable at the gate.

Food: concessions will be open all day

Dyno Competition: the categories will be MK1-MK3 1st Place, MK1-MK3 2nd Place, MKIV 1st Place, MKIV 2nd Place, GTR 1st Place, GTR 2nd Place. The first car will hit the dyno at 9:00 am.

Gates open at 8:30 am, we will dyno from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Quick Reply: Any SC's going to TX2K11????