SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm back in the SC game for a minute-With boost!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-10, 11:17 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
For those of you wondering what fenders these are, they are D-Max 25mm fenders. I don't only know of 2 sets of these in the US. His and mine. Get this project rolling brother. And what's with exhaust shops not putting a proper angle on the Hi-Power muffler? Just looks like a typical fart can straight out.
Thanks for the info man! I have been wondering what fenders these are!
On a side note: the exhaust had to be done like that. The car is SOOOO low. Like, I know you dont understand how low it is. If it had the typical angle on it, then it would scrape everywhere and I hate scraping. So I told them to do it that way. It doesnt bother me. I like it.

Originally Posted by skirts
Glad your back in the sc game
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by kez
HI power looking good
Thank you!!
Originally Posted by ClearP
2k is what it cost to buy the engine and get the harness extended! Good find!
Haha thanks man, I really lucked up on this one!

So, today I got some work done! I put the car in the garage, put it on jack-stands and got to work. Brandon (supraman) and I pulled the transmission in about 45 minutes (with a bunch of thanks to Brad (Mayo)) and got to work. Got the old clutch and pressure plate out. It was actually still in really good condition. The power from the motor was too much for the stock clutch disk. I got it all out and re-installed the ACT Heavy Duty pressure plate and the 6 puck sprung clutch disk. Stopped because I need a new throwout bearing. I will get that in the morning and get to work! This car will (hopefully) be on the car running tomorrow evening.
I also got to flushing the radiator. Got it all out of the radiator (wasnt much in there........) and tomorrow I will be putting a new thermostat in.
I will also be going to Jacobs house tomorrow to get a new alternator! Lots of fun stuff going on tomorrow!
Old 11-07-10, 07:56 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

i've driven the car after putting the new clutch in now and its so much fun. I really enjoy the car.

Got brand new NGK BKR7E's in the car.
Flushed the radiator and filled with the most expensive coolant in the world - Toyota Red
Put a new thermostat in
Also put a check valve in for brake booster
Also got new tailight harnesses, but that didnt fix my problem...so now I have to keep trouble shooting...
Took a plug that I needed and spliced it back in so now I have functional mirriors

When I get home, I am going to be putting the clutch fan back on. Was going to get an electric fan, but thats not in the budget at the moment.
I got a lot of new parts too thanks to Adam. I will be putting new:
Passenger seat
All of the trunk parts that the car was missing
Rear speaker deck
Rear seats (mine are ROUGH!)
Front and rear speakers
New Gauge cluster (to see if my temp gauge is messed up, which I think it may be)
New passenger side mirrior

Definatly loving the car. I cant wait to get my new wheels. I think atlsr is coming to get the Weds wheels, and I should be putting the Works on !!!

I am really getting the itch for a MKIV that I can't seem to scrach...lol. I don't know that anyone knows how badly I really want one! I dont care if its auto NA, I just love the way they are. So-for everyone wondering...until I have the money or until someone (stupid) comes to me and asks if I want to trade for a MKIV, I will be keeping this car. I am honestly getting tired of trading cars all of the time, and im honestly not too sure that I am making my money back on all of them. I definatly think this car will turn me some profit, but I have already managed to put quite a bit of money in it!

Anyways, I can't wait to go home and get work done!
Old 11-07-10, 07:58 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Well, I got some work done last night. I got my interior back in order. I installed a new passenger seat last night, door panels, and a new back seat. They all look great. I can finally say I have an almost complete interior. The only thing left is to get the rear speaker deck cover and a new drivers seat which are both coming soon. I also managed to get all of my lights and needles working in a 92' original cluster with a big 244K on it! I think its all coming together. I cant wait to keep getting more interior things done to this car. I still really enjoy the car and I dont have any plans on getting rid of it either.

Pics:

Old 11-07-10, 08:11 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
And what's with exhaust shops not putting a proper angle on the Hi-Power muffler? Just looks like a typical fart can straight out.
Wondering if you have an example of a properly placed Hi-Power muffler? I ask because I've got the same one and I'm curious if you would consider mine fart can stats or not.
Old 11-24-10, 02:40 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Steering wheel on. I asked for an OMP corsica for christmas and an NRG quick release, but for now-this will work. Looks so much better than the stock one!
Old 11-24-10, 02:42 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ashtray
Wondering if you have an example of a properly placed Hi-Power muffler? I ask because I've got the same one and I'm curious if you would consider mine fart can stats or not.
This is what my old one looked like....looking at these pictures makes me want to cry....litterally. I miss that damn car! ! !

Old 12-09-10, 02:06 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Alright-so its time for a little *update*!!!
I planned here soon to go single turbo-BUT I decided against it FOR THE MOMENT . I can go ahead and reveal what I am planning on doing in the future.
- Holset HX35
-1JZGTE Exhaust manifold with T3 flange (probably XS power)
- HKS black series SSQV
- Some type of wastegate...dont really care which one.
- SAFC
- USDM 550cc 2JZGTE injectors

But here is what I am planning on doing NOW.
I have already purchased new paint for the car. The color Dark Purple Metallic.

This is going to be the first car i've painted-and i'm going to start with some crappy paint first and see how that goes. This winter will be an interesting one.

The plan- Strip the car down to a rolling shell. That means all interior out, motor and trans out, and the front glass will be replaced when I get this all done. I am not sure if I want to do a black interior swap, but im really leaning toward it. I plan on keeping this car and making it decently nice. I really like it so far-I wish it was a little quicker-but it will come eventually. The car will get some nice car audio like I said in the near future, and the car will also get some nice alarm system upgrade . I cannot wait for this winter!!!

I also plan on painting the supra calipers the same color and get a new "supra" sticker for the caliper.

Last edited by Carfreak70; 12-09-10 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 06:16 PM
ucmysc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the inside had a crazy party hah
Old 12-09-10, 10:40 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did you sell SC300 2JZGTE Single Turbo 6 speed?

What are your power goals for this one?
Won't you be pulling a lot of fuel with 550s and SAFC?
I pull 30 fuel on the SAFC with RC 440s

You went with this color?
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1276&bih=562

Last edited by lfrers; 12-09-10 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-10-10, 05:27 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ucmysc400
the inside had a crazy party hah
What? lol
Originally Posted by lfrers
Why did you sell SC300 2JZGTE Single Turbo 6 speed?

What are your power goals for this one?
Won't you be pulling a lot of fuel with 550s and SAFC?
I pull 30 fuel on the SAFC with RC 440s

You went with this color?
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1276&bih=562
Its going to be a lot darker than that. Idk why those colors come up but whatever. Its going to be almost black until the light hits it (I hope). I have a really dark primer so that will help aswell.

As for the SAFC-yes. Ill be pulling a lot of fuel and if that doesnt work ill do some emanage or emanage ultimate. I just dont really feel like messing with that haha. It will be going to get tuned at Carma Performance. They know 1jz's and 2jz's like its nobodys buisnesss. They are the best performance shop around...so they will know what to do. And he is the one who gave me the idea.

And for the 6 speed...man that thing was trash. The car was VIN swapped (I didnt know at purchase), there was no heat/air, the interior was all missing, the suspension was giving out (not the coilovers), the thing was just a mess to say the least. I do miss it a little bit, but the car I had after it had every modified part except the powerplant in that car and it was pretty clean (the car thats in my signature). And after I sold the motor and trans the guy took it apart and found metal shavings everywhere in the motor...but couldnt really say anything because I didnt know and he didnt know. He drove the car before I pulled the motor...so...I helped him with everything and we are still really good friends.
Old 12-10-10, 05:56 AM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Sweet keep us posted BTW f uckin luv the key
Old 12-10-10, 06:06 AM
cashed350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where in tn are you? i live in chatt and have to go to atl. to get any type of help on 1jz/2jz
Old 12-10-10, 07:22 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Alright-so its time for a little *update*!!!
I planned here soon to go single turbo-BUT I decided against it FOR THE MOMENT . I can go ahead and reveal what I am planning on doing in the future.
- Holset HX35
-1JZGTE Exhaust manifold with T3 flange (probably XS power)
- HKS black series SSQV
- Some type of wastegate...dont really care which one.
- SAFC
- USDM 550cc 2JZGTE injectors

Funny i have the same setup right now getting put together and will be on my SC300 by Mid January. I am going to try and pass emmissions with the Stock motor then put on all the goodies. Luckely i have a spare 1J to mock everything up on so it all looks good
Here is a pic
I'm back in the SC game for a minute-With boost!-hx35-single-manifold-005.jpg
My cars getting paint as well. Should be finished today
I'm back in the SC game for a minute-With boost!-new-soarer-042.jpg
I cant Freaking wait. Early Christmas