SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What the...? Calling all rotary people...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-02, 09:42 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLKSC400
[B]BlackRX7TT is correct on the FD prefix and the problem with the 3rd gen RX7's cooling system. I believe the R2 model has dual oil coolers so do later year RX7TTs sold outside of the united states (RS and RZ), which helps the engine a little.
[QUOTE]

All the "R cars" (R1 & R2) had dual oil coolers. This helps for the track/freeway since you're moving enough air across 'em for them to help. At idle in traffic, they really didn't make that much difference. Moreover, most peoples oil coolers, mine included, have had so many rocks and bugs smash into 'em that I doubt they do much good.

I don't know a whole lot about the JDM trim levels.
Old 08-11-02, 03:30 PM
iceburgslim
Driver School Candidate

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (don't have the patienece to read the whole thread) but once the motor goes on the 3rd Gen RX7's, replacing it with an NA version is a cheaper and relatively common option. A lot of people have this done at the dealerships. The 3rd Gen RX7's are very unreliable (I don't care what anyone says) due to the heat generated by the twinturbos. NA are very reliable however.
Old 08-12-02, 07:30 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Originally posted by iceburgslim
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (don't have the patienece to read the whole thread) but once the motor goes on the 3rd Gen RX7's, replacing it with an NA version is a cheaper and relatively common option. A lot of people have this done at the dealerships. The 3rd Gen RX7's are very unreliable (I don't care what anyone says) due to the heat generated by the twinturbos. NA are very reliable however.
NA conversion on a 3rd gen...at the Mazda dealers that can't even do repairs straight out of the shop manual, let alone an undocumented procedure....WOW.

You're full of ****.
Old 08-12-02, 07:59 AM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

haha!!!!!
Old 08-12-02, 10:18 AM
BLKSC400
Driver

Originally posted by iceburgslim:
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (don't have the patienece to read the whole thread) but once the motor goes on the 3rd Gen RX7's, replacing it with an NA version is a cheaper and relatively common option.
Pass me the stuff you've been smoking, it's gotta be frigg'n good.