SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1JZ swap....fuse box question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10 | 10:07 AM
white96SC
Driver School Candidate

Default 1JZ swap....fuse box question

I just got done swapping in a 1jz in my car and am having problems with the head lights, tail lights, and a/c.

My headlights and tailights aren't working so my mechanic said he wired them up to my parking lights? (i think..he's on vacation) And he also said my a/c wasn't working, so he did something where its always on when i turn my car on, but if i want it off i have to dis-connect a wire in the fuse box.

my question is, am i having problems because of the fuse box wiring? I used a soarer harness and my stock fuse box and not sure if he wired it right. My mechanic is pretty old so I dont know if he over looked something with wiring . and he wont be back from vacation for another week and would like to solve this before he gets back... thanks for any help.
Old 10-07-10 | 02:11 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

You shouldn't be having those issues...

On my swap (95) everything works 100% stock.

I think your mechanic goofed up on the wiring somewhere....

If it helps, all that needs to be done is extending those two body plug harnesses around 24" and moving a couple wires around if you are a 95+.

I used my stock fuse box with no problems, so no you dont have to use a soarer fuse box.

PM me if you need more help....
Old 10-07-10 | 03:06 PM
Driver

Originally Posted by white96SC
I just got done swapping in a 1jz in my car and am having problems with the head lights, tail lights, and a/c.

My headlights and tailights aren't working so my mechanic said he wired them up to my parking lights? (i think..he's on vacation) And he also said my a/c wasn't working, so he did something where its always on when i turn my car on, but if i want it off i have to dis-connect a wire in the fuse box.

my question is, am i having problems because of the fuse box wiring? I used a soarer harness and my stock fuse box and not sure if he wired it right. My mechanic is pretty old so I dont know if he over looked something with wiring . and he wont be back from vacation for another week and would like to solve this before he gets back... thanks for any help.
Sounds like your mechanic got a little ancy and started splicing and connecting. Only way to diagnose is get under there and figure our where wires are run.