SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got my CCFL's in. LOVE THEM

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-10, 08:27 PM
boostin240
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I agree sorry to say the same thing but I really wanna see pics because my 93 has yellowish headlights and my HID kit doesnt really help that much with lighting so I would really love to see how these headlights end up looking.
Old 10-09-10, 08:44 PM
kingdunke
Driver School Candidate

pictures or we will ban you from posting again lol
Old 10-09-10, 10:25 PM
astrotrav
Rookie

The pictures dont do them justice so I wont show them to you lol
Old 10-09-10, 11:16 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude to be completely honest i have had both sets of CCFL black and crystal. thier trash

1 the lights are trash as FCK
2. the led die fast (not that i want to hook them up and look like a ricer
3. thier non adjuablt so the beam always points to the sky
4the only good thing is the lens cause is new
5 the projector is CRAP yes is crap u can get a audi projector and shave it down for 24.00 that will out light these iwill post pics tommrow

sorry man i am not trying to rain on ur thread but i have been here for 4 years and this is the worst mod i have to date. i dont like the oem but jeez ifthey made these with better intent these would be the next mod after rims and a drop on here.
Old 10-09-10, 11:44 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MIGS
This Thread Is Pointless Without Pictures.
seriously pics!!!!
Old 10-10-10, 12:04 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*sigh*

and still pointless..
Old 10-10-10, 07:53 AM
Shanty
Driver

Originally Posted by t70 supra
dude to be completely honest i have had both sets of CCFL black and crystal. thier trash

5 the projector is CRAP yes is crap u can get a audi projector and shave it down for 24.00 that will out light these iwill post pics tommrow

sorry man i am not trying to rain on ur thread but i have been here for 4 years and this is the worst mod i have to date. i dont like the oem but jeez ifthey made these with better intent these would be the next mod after rims and a drop on here.
The fuddy duddy stick in the mud I can out mod you ha ha ha opinion has been duly noted. Twice.

I'll post pics today. Woe be to the sticks in the mud.
Old 10-10-10, 08:16 AM
Shanty
Driver

Originally Posted by t70 supra

On a side, note, what is it with people who feel they need to out mod everyone and everyone who doesn't mod the way they do is an idiot?

Sure you could take the projector from an R8, some uranium, some pixie dust, the flux capacitor and wire it together to make the blazingest projectors ever with absolutely perfect light projection into the perfect area and make your car the most perfect projection system of all time. That's fine.

I'm sure your lights are the brightest thing this side of the sun. I'm sure they have perfect alignment and display the perfect spectrum of light. That's fine. Nobody is talking about what you're doing in this thread. I'm sure you probably have dozens of threads dedicated to your perfect projectors. I'm not in a contest with you, we have different ideas about where we want to go and what we want to do, and you aren't the ultimate arbiter of what's good car fashion and what isn't.

Bottom line is that with zero work from me aside from paying my buddy a couple bucks to install them, I got lights that look very comparable to any modern lights and satisfy me more than I had ever expected.

So, post your pics of the R8 nuclear powered projectors that will shock and awe everyone, then shut up and get lost.
Old 10-10-10, 08:38 AM
Shanty
Driver

This sucks. I just spent like 10 minutes taking pictures from every angle with every flash setting. My wife kept shaking her head as we looked at pic after pic. The lens is so clear and so reflective that it seems to ruin most every shot. Even the shots with the CCFL's on seem kind of blurry or not right.

It stinks, but the pictures just don't do them justice.

Once my girl has her cougar status I'll post pics of the entire car. She was young and hot back in the early 90's, but she got with a bad man and the bad man fed her the wrong stuff and she ended up looking frumpy and prematurely old. But she found a new lover and the new lover reinvigorated her spirit. She's been in the gym working out, got a couple procedures done because that's what any good cougar should have, and she's getting close. She's got a couple more pounds to drop so she can get closer to the ground, but then she'll be ready to reintroduce herself as a proud sexy cougar.
Old 10-10-10, 10:28 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. after that long winded method of saying you don't have pics.. let's just say you're lucky your not in australia. because I have been waiting for pics and you still haven't posted! if you were here. I would kick you square in the taco. just saying

i'm intrigued though.. because my car i'm importing has these lights too and I hated them in pics so I bought a good condition set from japan to replace them with.. if these are as good as you say then i'm intrigued to say the least :-) i'll let you know in about 5 days when I get the car shall i? till then so these guys stop hounding you.. i'll put up a pic of my car with ccfl's on :-P
Old 10-10-10, 10:34 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. . . god I can't wait to get this car. this photo. I love it.

totally worth waiting four months to import :-D

[IMG]carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/user/451828/p1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-10-10, 10:44 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

This is the longest twitter post i've ever seen.
Old 10-10-10, 10:53 AM
scforlife
Driver

Default Moderators please end this

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
This is the longest twitter post i've ever seen.
Thats the perfect way to put it. Can someone please end this pointless thread?
Old 10-10-10, 10:56 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Relapser
.. . . god I can't wait to get this car. this photo. I love it.

totally worth waiting four months to import :-D

[IMG]carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/user/451828/p1.jpg[/IMG]
Those don't look bad at all. I prefer the look of the black ones, but those clear lens look good on your car.
Old 10-10-10, 11:33 AM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shanty
On a side, note, what is it with people who feel they need to out mod everyone and everyone who doesn't mod the way they do is an idiot?

Sure you could take the projector from an R8, some uranium, some pixie dust, the flux capacitor and wire it together to make the blazingest projectors ever with absolutely perfect light projection into the perfect area and make your car the most perfect projection system of all time. That's fine.

I'm sure your lights are the brightest thing this side of the sun. I'm sure they have perfect alignment and display the perfect spectrum of light. That's fine. Nobody is talking about what you're doing in this thread. I'm sure you probably have dozens of threads dedicated to your perfect projectors. I'm not in a contest with you, we have different ideas about where we want to go and what we want to do, and you aren't the ultimate arbiter of what's good car fashion and what isn't.

Bottom line is that with zero work from me aside from paying my buddy a couple bucks to install them, I got lights that look very comparable to any modern lights and satisfy me more than I had ever expected.

So, post your pics of the R8 nuclear powered projectors that will shock and awe everyone, then shut up and get lost.
whoa the man is just posting up his experience and personal opinion about the lights

Quick Reply: Got my CCFL's in. LOVE THEM