SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

German SPEC 1uzfe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 10:07 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bender25
Is it from the guy posting in the inland Emipre Craigslist who's parting out an sc400 in Lake elsinore? If so I seen the motor and talked to him about it when I picked up some stuff off of him.

What I gathered from what he said, was that the motor is from a German LS400 and that the main difference in the motor was that it had a "touring wedge" design. Which means the "V" of the motor was to a greater degree and produced more torque/power. I dunno if any of what he said is true, but the motor was damn clean and did look a tad bigger compared to the original V8 of the sc400 which he had sitting on the floor next to the car. But the size comparison may have been skewed since one was clean and installed and the other was just sitting on the floor.

All in all the guy was legit and honest about everything, if anything I think he may just be misinformed about the motor he has.
Yup...thats the one. He is going to send me a video of it running. The german thing threw up a red flag. thats why i thought i would ask here. Even googling it was a dead end!
Old 10-12-10, 10:28 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HP is still HP no matter what country you are in. Same scientific calculation. However, some factories may have better dyno machines to calculate HP more accurately than the others. Now we're talking about the same 1UZ that's built by Toyota. The engine should be built the same and sold to different countries, given the same specific year. But the ECU that's used for different countries may be tuned a little more aggressive due to less emission control. That's why some cars (same model same year) make slightly more power than the others in different countries.
Old 10-12-10, 03:55 PM
souljah798
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived in Germany for 4yrs (one in Iraq). There is a hp output difference in very few models, e36 m3 for example had more power due different intake design. I found this to be true only on German built cars. A Nissan maxima felt the same as it's American equivalent. They measure power on a different scale neuton meters, instead of ft-lb torque.

The biggest difference was their gearing. And for good reason, the autobahn. The gearing there is very tall for sustained high speed driving. I could easily walk away from a German 4cyl, only to have them return the favor once I ran out of gear!

Like a couple have said walk away he's full of it!
Old 10-12-10, 04:48 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Don't you guys hate it when morons try selling something they have absolutely no idea about? They will make up all sorts of **** to make the item more marketable and move quicker. Almost 100% of the time a seller advertises something with a clueless state of mind, the buyer ends up disappointed.