SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

99 Steering wheel Lexus badge

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-10, 06:14 PM
svagusta
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice work. Your car does look great. Since I don't have the money to do anything Big to the lex just yet, I'm always looking for some cheap minor things to do. Working on changing all interior lights to white LEDs right now but might have to do those door sills afterwards, they look GREAT!
Old 10-17-10, 06:55 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by svagusta
very nice work. Your car does look great. Since I don't have the money to do anything Big to the lex just yet, I'm always looking for some cheap minor things to do. Working on changing all interior lights to white LEDs right now but might have to do those door sills afterwards, they look GREAT!
Thank you very much for the kind words Hey everyone is in their own unique situation, and if the money is not there for the major upgrades, there is no problem with starting off with the minor details to make your ride stand out from the crowd. That was definitely my mentality when I started with my SC, find the cheapest yet good looking mods and get those done first.

You will definitely love the interior LED's once you finish with that one. Don't know if you purchased the kit from luxurymods but thats what I have in my car and they are amazing. No one else that I know of on the forum has the door sills like I do so you would be numero dos....haha. I believe once you do it you will be quite pleased with the results. Good luck in your search for them as they are for some odd reason or another hard to find in good condition or even for sale for that matter.
Old 10-17-10, 10:52 PM
svagusta
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, already did the luxurymods LED swaps. That made such a big improvement to the interior. Just have the cigarette light bulb left to change out. Changed the ignition bulb today and that was a a bit of a pain, totally worth it though, no more old school green halo.

Now Im working on changing the window switches to white, then the gear shift lights, then probably be sending my climate control and cluster to OLT to finish it off.

The sills are off a 2GS right?
Old 10-18-10, 01:03 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if you can get those door sills to light up when you open the door like the 2is.. must be nice but oh well. do you know roughly how much those sills cost?

back to topic

svagusta i would love to have your steering wheel i also did a LED conversation, doors license plate and my dome it is too bright! but the license plate LEDs really set off the car
Old 10-18-10, 03:44 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by svagusta
Yea, already did the luxurymods LED swaps. That made such a big improvement to the interior. Just have the cigarette light bulb left to change out. Changed the ignition bulb today and that was a a bit of a pain, totally worth it though, no more old school green halo.

Now Im working on changing the window switches to white, then the gear shift lights, then probably be sending my climate control and cluster to OLT to finish it off.

The sills are off a 2GS right?
Good to hear. Sounds like your taking care of all the interior which is nice since that is what you say on a daily basis when you drive the car anyways.

Yes the sills are off the 2GS so I would suggest either their classifieds here on CL or even ebay and you may get lucky and find a pair. Oh and make sure the pair you get is the door sills from the front doors and not the rear doors.

Originally Posted by sc300jz
I wonder if you can get those door sills to light up when you open the door like the 2is.. must be nice but oh well. do you know roughly how much those sills cost?

back to topic

svagusta i would love to have your steering wheel i also did a LED conversation, doors license plate and my dome it is too bright! but the license plate LEDs really set off the car
You could get them to light up if you bought the ones for the 2IS but those are a tad bit expensive and it would take a little bit of wiring (which would not be a total problem) but the price is a bit high. Believe me I wanted that look too but figured this would do

The door sills should cost you around 80 for the pair. If you see them for more talk them down because they should not be more than 100 and they better be in mint condition. I checked around when I was looking a few years back and saw some for cheap (like 40 for the pair) but they were all scratched up and looked like crap. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 10-18-10, 05:24 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those sills look great prs22. nice work.
Old 10-18-10, 09:43 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by magneti
those sills look great prs22. nice work.
Thank you very much magneti