SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

NOOb question ?? Supra Tanabes on a sc 300...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 07:33 AM
Codfish
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if the ride will have less bounce if I switch it to a firmer setting. I was told not to use the firm setting until the springs settle...

Originally Posted by Codfish
I got the Tanabes... I love the soft setting, however there is a bounce that id like to get rid of... When I switch to the firmer setting will that give me more or less bounce ???

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN FOR ALL THE ADVICE !!!
Old 10-29-10, 10:50 AM
Sc4Jr24
Driver

I believe if you get a firmer setting you will get more bounce.
Old 10-29-10, 11:05 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

First off, springs don't settle. You can adjust the dampers anytime you'd like.

Secondly, your ride will 'bounce' less with a higher damping force so turning up the stiffness should reduce it, however there is such a thing as turning it too high.
Old 10-29-10, 01:57 PM
Codfish
Rookie

A rep at a Tanabe told me to drive on them for a while to break them in before changing the settings on the shock to firm... I dont know any better thats why I called to find out how to set them up...

and thats great news if the bounce decreases with a higher dampening...

Thanks

Originally Posted by GSteg
First off, springs don't settle. You can adjust the dampers anytime you'd like.

Secondly, your ride will 'bounce' less with a higher damping force so turning up the stiffness should reduce it, however there is such a thing as turning it too high.
Old 10-29-10, 05:47 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Codfish
A rep at a Tanabe told me to drive on them for a while to break them in before changing the settings on the shock to firm... I dont know any better thats why I called to find out how to set them up...
Even if that was the case, driving your car down the road for 5 miles should have worn in the seals already. The only reason I could think of is that they didn't perform a shock dyno before the coils left the factory, which is something all manufacturer should do.

Also when you adjust your dampers, turn **** 2-3 clicks at a time. Many times than not, a single click is not nearly noticeable, or will do nothing at all. Once you get close to the ride you want, make fine (1 click) adjustments to if it helps at all.
Old 10-29-10, 07:54 PM
Codfish
Rookie

Thank you sir, I had no idea how to adjust these things... ILOVECOILOVERS!!! (one word)

Originally Posted by GSteg
Even if that was the case, driving your car down the road for 5 miles should have worn in the seals already. The only reason I could think of is that they didn't perform a shock dyno before the coils left the factory, which is something all manufacturer should do.

Also when you adjust your dampers, turn **** 2-3 clicks at a time. Many times than not, a single click is not nearly noticeable, or will do nothing at all. Once you get close to the ride you want, make fine (1 click) adjustments to if it helps at all.

I feel better I got the pro 210s...

Originally Posted by Turbo_LX
If you get the coilovers... just get some Pro210 springs. Get softer spring rate if you must.
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/pro210.asp?id=10

Last edited by Codfish; 10-29-10 at 07:59 PM.