SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Greetings and Salutations

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-10, 06:42 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put my XM radio in today since I hate terrestrial radio. Need to figure out a stereo setup of some sort. I hate the stock deck... altho the speakers dont sound to bad.
Old 10-28-10, 10:04 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Holy Crap! I think I test drove that SC. Ran great, but I wanted a 400 and I hated the color (nothing personal, I only buy red, black, white and silver cars cause Im weird)

What part of CO are you in?
If you need any help with your sound system let me know. Im an installer in Denver and can do anything for cheaper than anywhere else in D-town especially for a fellow SC owner and CL member.

Originally Posted by TechGreek
Well that was just an ignorant thing to say!
Our car's have a gas tank over the rear suspension, with the right mods these cars will handle like a beast.
I agree, not only does the SC have the potential to take an evo in the corners but with just a little bit of boost, the SC will annihilate sti's and evo's in acceleration. But for the corners, throw in a 2way lsd, coilovers and some what-nots and those evo's can kiss their *** goodbye. Not to mention, to be able to push an sti or evo to its limits you need to be an exceptional driver which I can guarantee most sti/evo owner aren't. But hey, Im just preaching to the choir here, I think Im gonna head downtown and go pick a fight with some evo and sti kids.

BTW, dont get me wrong, I almost bought a 99 GSX Eclipse instead of my SC and I love sti's, evo's, VR4's and MKIV's and RX7's but f@*$ American cars. Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than roasting a pusstang or camaro

Originally Posted by svagusta
I hope you don't miss the EVO's handling, cuz no matter what you do to the SC it will never handle like that.
Take some racing lessons

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Enjoy the luxxury!
What luxury , I just took my SC on its first roadtrip last weekend and after 7 hours I couldnt feel my *** anymore. My 00 4runner was way more comfortable than my SC.

Last edited by MattStarr; 10-28-10 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-29-10, 06:06 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

I actually just took my alarm out of my Tracker and Im gonna try to put in in the SC. It shouldnt be too hard as Im a mechanic and I can follow a wiring diagram.

I love this car so far.

I blacked out my emblems with Plasti-Dip... they look ok for my first try.

Im fairly confident in my driving skills, so Im sure with the right mods this will be a beast.

ill take some pics tomorrow at work while its still light out.

I live in Golden but I work in the DTC.
Old 10-29-10, 07:03 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lookEVO
I actually just took my alarm out of my Tracker and Im gonna try to put in in the SC. It shouldnt be too hard as Im a mechanic and I can follow a wiring diagram.

I love this car so far.

I blacked out my emblems with Plasti-Dip... they look ok for my first try.

Im fairly confident in my driving skills, so Im sure with the right mods this will be a beast.

ill take some pics tomorrow at work while its still light out.

I live in Golden but I work in the DTC.
Wow, you're right next to me, I live in Morrison. Next spring, when the weather gets a little warmer, you should come to Pueblo motorsports park with my friends and I. Its $140 to use the track all day long (on certain days of course). I think Genoa raceway is opening up to the public next spring to with the same $140 day rate. Its a blast and I could hook you up with lessons too if you want.
Old 10-29-10, 10:15 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i live right by heritage square, Near that 7-11 that just shut down. Nice little duplex ive been in for a year. Love the area. USED to hate my commute... now not so much.