SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Factory Interior Colors

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-22, 11:52 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,236 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by 8maxxsc
Hi just saw your response, I also have a 92 5 speed with Ivory cloth, trying to find more material is a nightmare
One of the most desirable and rare factory configurations is in your car though. Ivory cloth is somewhat more common than the bluish-gray cloth version that you mostly see in Soarers.

I would recommend making saved search word combinations in your account for the U.S. eBay, Australian eBay and UK eBay websites (for which you only need your original eBay account to access but you need to sign into each separately). .com, .co.uk, com.au

The only trouble is shipping. Someone *might* ship you good condition Ivory cloth rear upper and lower seat parts complete with the frames and foam... but front seats would be monstrously heavy to ship with international freight. I'm not sure if they would be willing to separate good original cloth skins from the seats and trash or resell the bare assemblies.

A good privately owned and well regarded upholsterer should be able to figure out a modern equivalent for your factory cloth seat materials. However totally new templates would probably need to be made from the originals since it's pre-made leather skins that are often the norm.

Alternatively for the fronts this wouldn't be an issue if you ever were to install aftermarket bucket seats and put the originals into storage.

The door panels, can be custom re-trimmed in new Ivory color leather at a good upholstery shop. The only thing that is different on the Soarers at least is that there is no wood trim panel on the cloth spec models. Same with their mirror image dashboards: no wood trim (usually) there either unless it's a "GT-L" or V8 model.

I'm not sure what kind of material is used in place of the wood trim in those Soarers but it is always the same color as the rest of the interior. Cloth spec SC's such as yours, I believe, still got wood trim accents on the dash and door panels.
Old 11-05-22, 09:46 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 503 Likes on 300 Posts

Interesting old post
I guess my interior color is Spruce (light grayish green), or the Light gray; Lexus #LA60. Sometimes the interior looks light gray, sometimes the light grayish green.
Most of the cars colors look different in different lighting. It's original exterior color was that pearl green
Whatever it's name I am perfectly happy w the color, as I am w everything else about the car

Old 04-07-23, 04:12 AM
8maxxsc
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry I have been out of touch with the forum, thanks for all that information, I have figured out that a 92 ls400 has also came with cream cloth interior, goal is to buy the whole back seats and use the material to redo the door panels in cloth, as most cars are normally equipped this way, also thinking of doing the center arm rest as this should also be cloth for a more correct factory look ,not Frankensteined as they say.....
Old 04-08-23, 01:32 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 423 Likes on 347 Posts

I really like the grey interior from the early SC’s it’s pretty rare from my experience. I’ve only seen two in person and occasionally see cars with it for sale online.

One of the coolest SC interiors I’ve ever seen was a grey and black two-tone setup similar to the 97 black/tan combo. It was basically the same thing but with grey in the spots where tan would be. It was a turbo SC at a meet back in 2010 but I never saw it again. It was just sitting at the shop the meet was at. Super cool setup.

The grey interior seemed more common on other Lexus like the LS400 and LX470.