SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 12:12 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
So I'm a little **** when it comes to stock "parts" on my SC, and ever since I got my SC I've been trying to complete them... I've been searching for the OEM leather organizer where I can put my manual, insurance papers, registration, etc in... Instead of them scattered all over my glove compartment, then I saw someone selling what I'm looking for on craigslist! For $10! Hit up the guy, met him the next day, then voila! He used to have a 1JZ swapped SC400 same year and color like mine(that he crashed at the track 7 years ago) where he got the stuff from! I know a lot of people don't really care about this stuff, but I do, so on with the pics!
Exactly what I want to add to my collection! So far I bought a new owners manual, then I want to get the original brochure and leather case for my owners manual and registration etc..

Nice stuff!
Old 03-15-12, 12:27 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
Exactly what I want to add to my collection! So far I bought a new owners manual, then I want to get the original brochure and leather case for my owners manual and registration etc..

Nice stuff!
Wow! It's a surprise to me that someone shares the same passion for these cars as me instead of gutting them up and trashing them after doing a swap!

I've been looking for this stuff man ever since I got the car! I was actually so bummed when I first bought my SC and didn't find these stuff in the glove box... Not even the tools... That's the next though on my list of OEM "parts"... Usually this things go $50-75 at eBay, and the guy was selling it for $50 a few months back, so I was so surprised that nobody bought it yet, so I got them when he lowered it to $10! Hahaha! Everything in it is mint, even the leather...

Hold up, you said you bought new manual? Why? Lexus sent me one for free, when I got my SC I called them then registered my name and that was it...
Old 03-15-12, 12:52 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like original brochures and glove box manuals too. I'd like to get something similar for my collection.
Old 03-15-12, 01:05 PM
hihopes
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Today i figured Id Plasti Dip my emblems. The gold ones were lookin old and crusty, the paint is peeling off, and imo the gold is too flashy. heres how they came out:

Not too shabby, although im kicking myself because I messed up the Lexus one and just ended up peeling it all off. Gonna redo it tomorrow hopefully.

Also got around to putting on one of those home depot lips. I know a lot of people dont like them but i dont think it looks half bad. And most importantly, now my bumper doesnt get scratched up when going in/out of driveways!

Old 03-15-12, 05:55 PM
ercfrmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed the smoking issue I had from the power steering check valve gbeing bad!!! Anyone with this issue I have a thread about it. Holla if ya need me
Old 03-15-12, 09:12 PM
2jzsc4
Driver School Candidate

Installed the new window switch, and spent 3 bucks at toyota on the door handle clip.
Old 03-19-12, 05:56 AM
buckwheat
Driver

:cooljust ordered up an aristo 2jzgte and a soarer R 154 trans getting ready to do my build. going over to the dark side as some of you might say wish me good luck
Old 03-19-12, 06:26 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

waiting on truck lift supports and LED bulbs to replace the dull ones in my cluster. i should order the Lextech needles as well. what colour... hmmm decisions.
Old 03-19-12, 07:20 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

work on my project rims and adjusted the clutch...
Old 03-19-12, 02:46 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Rolled my front and rear fenders, went a little lower.
installed a 5-panel wink rear view mirror
Old 03-20-12, 05:08 PM
TigerWoods
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a set of MKIV TT wheels.
Old 03-20-12, 05:09 PM
g4ebguy90
Lead Lap

Broke 3 of its fuses.
Old 03-20-12, 07:15 PM
DallasSC
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the last 3 days I've installed:
1. Iroc iPhone/iPod stereo (also successfully hacked into my stock harness and ran wires to the trunk)
2. Installed my old Pioneer 760 2-channel amp (bridged to the stock sub - works well!)
3. Swapped in Supra TT tan leather seats.
4. Installed cross-drilled & slotted rotors.
5. Installed EBC Greenstuff brake pads (on St. Patty's day!)
6. Flushed the brake system and put in new fluid.
7. Installed 3000k headlights & fogs (bout 2 months ago).
8. Almost got some 20" TSW Indy 500s - but they wanted too much money for the condition of the tires & rims.
Old 03-21-12, 08:22 PM
kmbishop11
Driver School Candidate

Today.....yes today....lol New tires all the way around, front end aligned, ordered key from dealership as the one I received upon purchase looked to be held together by Gorilla Glue?! Strange, oh, previous owner destroyed passenger door in what looked to be a mad fit, had dealership look at what I was getting myself into. Damage, need to replace latch, inside handle, and lock assembly? Also tried to replace air filter box with one from a local salvage I had bought, wrong box, just a hair off where it mounts so on the search for air filter box, intake hose, etc.....learning more and more as I go, still intent on turning this lump of coal into a diamond! Shine on.....
Old 03-21-12, 08:25 PM
g4ebguy90
Lead Lap

Put some good old epoxy on the passenger door trim thingy. Also put epoxy on the HOLY ****** handle... All fixed.... I am happy.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?