SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-13 | 09:14 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fige
lol.
it's a 20 year old beat luxo barge that i got for $1400. The interior is in pieces. The dash barely works... its the loudest car i've owned. I'm treating it as a fun project. Yes, cutting springs is ghetto... but you know what. It still rides amazing. If you sat in it, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference it was done "right" or done "ghetto". (until I blow out the shocks of course)

Today I will try clean up the headlights
Just as I thought, I'd get a response like that, LOL.

I'll leave you at that.
Old 01-29-13 | 10:27 AM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Just as I thought, I'd get a response like that, LOL.

I'll leave you at that.
High and mighty over there! I obviously blew your mind. haha. have a good one "my majesty"!

We all have our differences in what we want out of our cars, may it be performance, quality or just looks. No reason to talk down on someone that doesn't agree with your view on how a car should be done. We all have one thing in common, we own a lexus, lets just be friends.

Last edited by Fige; 01-29-13 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-29-13 | 10:37 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

High and mighty over there! I obviously blew your mind. haha. have a good one "my majesty"!
Really not needed.

All he is stating is that cutting springs is HIGHLY frowned upon, cause not only is it ghetto, but its not safe. Makes no difference how many times Chip Foose has cut springs, its not smart...regardless of how the car feels. "His Majesty" is saying your reply is typical of those that cut springs and think its ok. No need to get upset, but please get proper suspension asap, cause that is a good looking SC that has lots of potential for "correct" instead of "ghetto".
Old 01-29-13 | 10:44 AM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Really not needed.

All he is stating is that cutting springs is HIGHLY frowned upon, cause not only is it ghetto, but its not safe. Makes no difference how many times Chip Foose has cut springs, its not smart...regardless of how the car feels. "His Majesty" is saying your reply is typical of those that cut springs and think its ok. No need to get upset, but please get proper suspension asap, cause that is a good looking SC that has lots of potential for "correct" instead of "ghetto".
None of this flak was needed in the first place since I wrote previously that I am getting coilovers next month/paycheck. So I don't know why you guys keep telling me to get proper suspension. This was a quick fix. I know the dangers of cut springs. But it was so high up front it had positive camber, making the car EXTREMELY "*****" to drive. At least now I can steer with the positive camber until I get the PS and Coilovers figured out.

Last edited by Fige; 01-29-13 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-29-13 | 10:46 AM
sj408
Instructor

There's no hate. It's just a matter of doing it right and doing it ghetto. It's a matter of you having a Lexus and treating it the way it's supposed to be treated. Plus, there's a lot more you could've done rather than cutting springs since you're in the process of buying coilovers. Could've clean those headlights and detailed the car.
Thats the pot calling the kettle black... werent you the one who was telling people to go with ebay brakes and rotors?

high and mighty is right, your name suits your ego well.

Cutting springs (while has been adopted as "ghetto" cause of all the hondas on cut springs) has a time and place, like cutting a single dead coil off your springs to level it out.
Also the result is very reliant on the type of spring rate whether it be progressive or a constant.

edited for sake of clutter pm me if youd like to discuss anything.

Last edited by sj408; 01-29-13 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-29-13 | 10:54 AM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sj408
That statement in bold is what seperates class from trash, thanks for keeping it respectful here Fige.

The raked look is kinda cool, throw some massive rears under there to really **** people off!

or cut that piece a coil or two and level it out and report back with pics! Its your car do what youd like! ( though you will constantly be recommended to get some springs/coils)
I need to level out the rear. It looks like a camaro from behind
I had to replace the front tires, so cutting the fronts only took me 10 extra minutes to do... I didnt have enough time to do the rears yet.

It rides surprisingly well....

I am still debating what coilovers to get.... REALLY leaning towards H&R's solely because they are TUV approved....

and thank you.
Old 01-29-13 | 11:01 AM
sj408
Instructor

I need to level out the rear. It looks like a camaro from behind
I had to replace the front tires, so cutting the fronts only took me 10 extra minutes to do... I didnt have enough time to do the rears yet.

It rides surprisingly well....

I am still debating what coilovers to get.... REALLY leaning towards H&R's solely because they are TUV approved....

and thank you.
H&r makes quality products good choice, pm me with some suspension goals i can help a bit and steer u in the right direction.
Old 01-29-13 | 12:01 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Priority List

1. Cut the springs
2. Add a nice body kit
3. Get da bishes

Old 01-29-13 | 12:21 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Priority List

1. Cut the springs
2. Add a nice body kit
3. Get da bishes

holy hell thats one riced out sc.... looks stock 4x4 height though

on another note.... bishes dig shopping cart wings
Old 01-29-13 | 12:22 PM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Priority List

1. Cut the springs
2. Add a nice body kit
3. Get da bishes

daaamnn hell yeah! buddy!

Well, as long as the girl likes the color its all good.
Old 01-29-13 | 03:57 PM
Akito san
Pole Position

I like GT spoilers! Carbon ones thou :P
Today I switched out some burned leds, wired up gps and added small spacers between the oem mufflers and the exhaust pipes, I<3 free mods, Sounds great!
Old 01-29-13 | 04:45 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

We all have our differences in what we want out of our cars, may it be performance, quality or just looks. No reason to talk down on someone that doesn't agree with your view on how a car should be done. We all have one thing in common, we own a lexus, lets just be friends.
None of this flak was needed in the first place since I wrote previously that I am getting coilovers next month/paycheck. So I don't know why you guys keep telling me to get proper suspension. This was a quick fix. I know the dangers of cut springs. But it was so high up front it had positive camber, making the car EXTREMELY "*****" to drive. At least now I can steer with the positive camber until I get the PS and Coilovers figured out.
There's no hate. It's just a matter of doing it right and doing it ghetto. It's a matter of you having a Lexus and treating it the way it's supposed to be treated. Plus, there's a lot more you could've done rather than cutting springs since you're in the process of buying coilovers. Could've clean those headlights and detailed the car.
I'll leave you at that.
Dude, what's with all the insults?? Don't be an a$$hole man. My point is, since you're already getting coilovers, then why cut springs when you could've cleaned up the headlights or detailed the car instead then you would've gotten elsewhere with your project?? No matter how you put it, cutting your springs was senseless. And you said you weren't a noob.

Thats the pot calling the kettle black... werent you the one who was telling people to go with ebay brakes and rotors?

high and mighty is right, your name suits your ego well.
And you you need to learn to mind your business. I didn't reply to you on the other thread 'cause you were talking all kinda bull**** that wasn't even the concern of the OP. Don't bring my name into this either, 'cause you have no idea what this name represents for my nationality. And I didn't advice the eBay brake rotors to the OP. Here's what the OP said;

Originally Posted by chapabig
So, i was planning on getting some ls calipers and upgrade my brakes since my rotors are warped and brake pads where really bad, but, since the rotors and pads cannot take anymore abuse at all (car shakes insane when i brake, even when i drive, i mean they are bad) Im gonna have to get new rotor and pads and just get the upgrade later, i was thinking of getting an Ebay special since i have used them before on a previous Nissan and they do their purpose.

here is my question

1) im leaning on getting the gold Zinc plated in cross drilled only and pads (just because of my ricer side)

2) or should i go blanks

3) or slotted only

4) please dont suggest drilled and slotted

5) any other suggestions?
Obviously the OP has a desire for performance considering the mention of drilled or slotted and gold zinc plated etc. So why wouldnt one try to steer him in the right direction?
You're the one on a high horse thinking everybody wants racing quality even for their daily driven SC's. And whatever happened to "steer him in the right direction?" You're the one who's trashy. Get a life man, get a life.

Last edited by OG Dada; 01-29-13 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-29-13 | 06:02 PM
sj408
Instructor

The kid said he cut a spring because his SC is higher than stock, You dont have to **** in his wheaties about it because of your OPINION on cut springs. Yeah the majority of them do alot more damage than good but your gonna get all on his case because he wanted his sc to not look like a 4x4 for the time being while he gets coils?

what did your negative response towards his contribution do? nothing, you cant just say " theres no hate" then pretty much proceed responding negatively.

dont bother responding, think first
Old 01-29-13 | 06:06 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

The kid said he cut a spring because his SC is higher than stock, You dont have to **** in his wheaties about it because of your OPINION on cut springs. Yeah the majority of them do alot more damage than good but your gonna get all on his case because he wanted his sc to not look like a 4x4 for the time being while he gets coils?

what did your negative response towards his contribution do? nothing, you cant just say " theres no hate" then pretty much proceed responding negatively.

dont bother responding, think first
HA! You're the one who gets out of his way to get on my case! Every thread we come across you geton my case.. I said he could've done something else like clean the car?! What's wrong with that?! You're a hater! Get a girlfriend or something cause seriously you have a weird fixation on me! GET A LIFE.

There were like 3-4 other people who said the same thing and I was the only one who said something positive rather than just sighting the negative, and you got on me?? What's that bro?? Then you say it separates classy from trashy?? What?? GET A LIFE man seriously.

Last edited by OG Dada; 01-29-13 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-29-13 | 08:20 PM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

Dude, what's with all the insults?? Don't be an a$$hole man. My point is, since you're already getting coilovers, then why cut springs when you could've cleaned up the headlights or detailed the car instead then you would've gotten elsewhere with your project?? No matter how you put it, cutting your springs was senseless. And you said you weren't a noob.
You talk down on people. It's a bad habit.

I cut the springs because it looks and handles 100% better than whatever the previous owner installed before. That's why I cut the springs. I dont care about cleaning up the car right now. I wanna make it driveable.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?