SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 06:31 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

^^I'm glad to hear you noticed a big improvement, my car goes in Monday to have the transmission mount and steering rack bushings replaced.

I installed 6 new Denso coil packs this afternoon. The screws holding the old packs in were a nightmare to get out without stripping. Ended up having to drill one of 12 out. I noticed intermittent breakup when turning the boost up before - its smooth right up to 15 psi now
Old 09-07-13, 10:09 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced my transmission mount but didn't notice anything because my motor mounts are gone, motor mounts and transmission mounts will for sure make a HUGE difference. I didn't notice much when i replaced my steering rack bushings though, idk it may just be me, my PS pump is shot so it might be that, lol
Old 09-08-13, 07:27 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

i turned some rounds with my SC and maked pictures

Old 09-10-13, 07:37 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Got my car back form the shop with OEM Supra engine mounts, new transmission mount, new fuel filter, new radiator, and GP Sports Megatech cooling fan. One engine mount was pretty worn and the other was ripped in half. Acceleration, shifting, turn-in, and response are all so much better after the new ones were installed.
Old 09-10-13, 09:41 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

didnt make a build thread but.... installed this. sc400

Old 09-11-13, 09:22 AM
Fr33way
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ W58? I bet that V8 feels alive now

I fixed a problem with the clutch pedal that has been bugging me for awhile. The return spring (metal spring on plastic perch) was squeaking and the feeling with the clutch all the way down was mushy and decidedly non-Lexus like.

The original grease on the spring was beyond dry, I rotated it some in the perch and worked in a graphite lubricant. The clutch stop (at least on my car) was a plastic tab similar to what holds in trunk lining. It was ever so loose and was causing that squirming/creaky feeling with the clutch fully disengaged. Popped that out and rigged up a rubber clutch stop with a bolt/washer/rubber tubing. Feels infinitely more solid, I can see how they actually sell these to BMW guys.
Old 09-11-13, 02:59 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by k7q
didnt make a build thread but.... installed this. sc400

no build thread.
Old 09-12-13, 08:10 PM
bznhornets
Rookie

Installed a new gear shift ****. This interior needs all the help it can get. I have plans. Stay tuned.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-14-13, 07:06 PM
bznhornets
Rookie

The case of the missing "Cabin Air Filter". Checked to see what condition my cabin air filter was in. Does it need cleaning? Does it need to be replaced? I don't know. The car doesn't have one. Should I get one? If Lexus doesn't believe the car should have one then why should I disagree? This could fall into the category of: If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Old 09-15-13, 04:27 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally got my sticker made

Old 09-15-13, 07:52 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr33way
^^^ W58? I bet that V8 feels alive now

I fixed a problem with the clutch pedal that has been bugging me for awhile. The return spring (metal spring on plastic perch) was squeaking and the feeling with the clutch all the way down was mushy and decidedly non-Lexus like.

The original grease on the spring was beyond dry, I rotated it some in the perch and worked in a graphite lubricant. The clutch stop (at least on my car) was a plastic tab similar to what holds in trunk lining. It was ever so loose and was causing that squirming/creaky feeling with the clutch fully disengaged. Popped that out and rigged up a rubber clutch stop with a bolt/washer/rubber tubing. Feels infinitely more solid, I can see how they actually sell these to BMW guys.
didn't install the transmission yet. Was going to install today but ran into a small problem.

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
no build thread.
no I'd have a boring build.

installed DM power steering line. Eh thought it could be better but lets see if it works good.

tired to install the pressure plate but didn't fit. I need to order another. Was excited to install the tranny but now I'm sad.
Old 09-15-13, 10:25 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

set out to do a simple oil change. got bored while draining the oil and ended up doing extended studs up front (for a future wheel setup). Then realized that Ray's extended lugs don't work with extended studs and no spacers, so I had to take the volk racing formula lugs from the tC. The car still has no new oil in it. I'm now certain I have ADD

Old 09-16-13, 02:26 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got pulled over for window tint, license plate covers, and exhaust today.
Old 09-16-13, 07:31 PM
bznhornets
Rookie

Had a 4 wheel alignment. $209.80. More than I expected. I learned something today. Having the ride height lowered with a coilover suspension limits the adjustment for the front alignment. I have about a 1/2 degree more negative camber than the factory spec. I can live with that. Helps the car handle better in the corners.
Old 09-16-13, 07:43 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bznhornets
Had a 4 wheel alignment. $209.80. More than I expected. I learned something today. Having the ride height lowered with a coilover suspension limits the adjustment for the front alignment. I have about a 1/2 degree more negative camber than the factory spec. I can live with that. Helps the car handle better in the corners.
man, you got ripped off. Both my cars are lowered quite a lot, and I never paid more then $100 for a 4-wheel alignment.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?