SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 09:58 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Changed out my broken transmount for a Megan racing one. Also while i had the car on the lift noticed that one of my sway bar bolts snapped off. So fixed that too. Now car handles alot better and my shifter sits back to normal from the new trans mount haha
Old 07-25-15, 01:26 AM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GISguy
Whoaaaaa. R34 wheels?
Sure are! Got them on yesterday -

Old 07-25-15, 07:09 AM
acacg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1JZ
Sure are! Got them on yesterday -

Those wheels look good on anything!
Old 07-26-15, 11:50 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drifted it through the dustiest track ever
Name:  20150724_140750.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  197.0 KB
Old 07-27-15, 01:32 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-27-15, 03:05 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 423 Likes on 347 Posts

I put a little bit of gas in it. It was pretty low before.
Old 07-27-15, 06:11 PM
MackOnDeez
Driver

replaced some of the trunk liners & re-dyed them black for a richer look. (i usually post pictures on updates but this one didn't seem important as visually its boring)

Originally Posted by Tret
always wondered what those looked like at night.
break lights on & normal operation rolling around town.

was planning to get them and black them out fully.

@kira that post man. just wow what an update LOL.

Last edited by MackOnDeez; 07-27-15 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-27-15, 08:22 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a Soarer, Tripod R154, a one piece aluminum drive shaft, an Action, stage 6 clutch and LW FW for my rapidly growing turbo build.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-20150519_224743.jpeg   What did you do to your SC today?-20150520_030105.jpeg   What did you do to your SC today?-img_7236.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-img_7235.jpg  
Old 07-31-15, 12:43 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Small Things Makes The Experience Even Smoother

Replaced Stock Steering Rack Bushings

Bushings Deteriorating Compared To WhiteLine Product

Old 07-31-15, 10:15 AM
MackOnDeez
Driver

Default Tragic

Ordered a new Shine Front Bumper Courtesy of LA Towing...

This is what AAA Premier Membership Gets You...

Dropped Stinger, Backed Up all the way into my rear bumper.

Sent Out Flatbed Instead, Ended Up Folding My Front Bumper. (told the guy it wouldnt work w/out wood)

Last edited by MackOnDeez; 07-31-15 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-31-15, 10:24 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MackOnDeez
Ordered a new Shine Front Bumper Courtesy of LA Towing...

This is what AAA Premier Membership Gets You...

Dropped Stinger, Backed Up all the way into my rear bumper.

Sent Out Flatbed Instead, Ended Up Folding My Front Bumper. (told the guy it wouldnt work w/out wood)

That sucks but at least you get a new bumper. Never get a car towed without it being on a flat bed.

I also always stay away from fiberglass front ends for the simple reason that they will end up cracking sooner or later. My WALD one on my 7 series BMW got totally messed up on the 405 after another car hit one of the Caltrans construction cones and it flew into my lane.

Last edited by FSUsucks1; 07-31-15 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-31-15, 10:49 AM
MackOnDeez
Driver

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
That sucks but at least you get a new bumper. Never get a car towed without it being on a flat bed.

I also always stay away from fiberglass front ends for the simple reason that they will end up cracking sooner or later. My WALD one on my 7 series BMW got totally messed up on the 405 after another car hit one of the Caltrans construction cones and it flew into my lane.
oo bimmer guy too. wald's kits were the only ones i liked when it came to BMWs. hamman ACS were too ugly for my taste.
(anytime i see cones on the road i move to the other side of the world so to speak 4 that reason happened to my e30)

yea it took alot of back&forth arguments with the tow truck company to pay for it. but very true at least it will be covered
(aside from me driving around town having people think i suck at driving a lowered car) embarrassing...

the tow truck guys sent out a flatbed & the guy used the straps w/ wench as soon as he started pulling it up the ramp... all i herd was "snap / crackle / pop" like cracker jack's

so the flatbed was the reason why my front bumper is so fail right now...
(might keep a small set of tools in the trunk to remove the front bumper for times like this)

i wish auto couture/shine kit was full carbon. i love this kit... if i get to keep the broken one.
ill repair it and try to take the T shaped grill off it as it reminds me too much of a dodge truck.

Last edited by MackOnDeez; 07-31-15 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-31-15, 07:01 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MackOnDeez
oo bimmer guy too. wald's kits were the only ones i liked when it came to BMWs. hamman ACS were too ugly for my taste.
(anytime i see cones on the road i move to the other side of the world so to speak 4 that reason happened to my e30)

yea it took alot of back&forth arguments with the tow truck company to pay for it. but very true at least it will be covered
(aside from me driving around town having people think i suck at driving a lowered car) embarrassing...

the tow truck guys sent out a flatbed & the guy used the straps w/ wench as soon as he started pulling it up the ramp... all i herd was "snap / crackle / pop" like cracker jack's

so the flatbed was the reason why my front bumper is so fail right now...
(might keep a small set of tools in the trunk to remove the front bumper for times like this)

i wish auto couture/shine kit was full carbon. i love this kit... if i get to keep the broken one.
ill repair it and try to take the T shaped grill off it as it reminds me too much of a dodge truck.
That sucks man, I really hate most tow truck drivers. I've had my car towed 6 times since I've owned it, the first one cracked the **** out of my 1st Vertex lip, but I wasn't there to see it, and they pretty much stuck to their guns an said I must have done it before it was towed even though I had pictures of it from a car show two days before it was towed, I was not happy with that at all.

Since then I'm always around and make sure there's a flat bed, and don't let them load it on to the truck without two by 4's. I've gotten it down to a science but some drivers are really stubborn and just insist it's not necessary until I show them pictures of the damage from the first time it was towed and then take pictures of how my car looks before they load it.

Roll the front wheel on to the 2x4's which need to be placed under the flat bed, then let them hook the strap up, then they pull the car until just the front wheels are barely on the flat bed, then have them actually lift the flat bed about 3 inches off the ground so the lip and bumper don't start to fold as the car is pulled further on to the bed. Then while the flat bed is slightly lifted have them pull the car forward about 1 foot then lower the flat bed back onto the ground, at that point it's safe to pull the car back on. Removal is the reverse. Literally anything else results in contacts between the bumper and the flat bed, which causes a chance for damage. It really sucks how much most tow truck drivers want to rush through the tow, and most brush off concerns without really observing the car.

Unfortunately most tow companies put time limits on the drivers, so it kind of forces them to rush through every car to avoid getting docked because of poor performance reviews, but it is what it is. Congrats on getting the company to shell out for it, sucks you'll still have to go through the work of getting the parts swapped again.
Old 07-31-15, 09:57 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't do anything but I finally got around to taking a picture of how my headlight bulbs light up the road. Truly love the color output and how it looks at night.

Last edited by FSUsucks1; 07-31-15 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-03-15, 10:41 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

New cross drilled and slotted rotors with EBC red stuff pads.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?