SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 06:14 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Check this out!!

I was just playing for a couple of days with the elm327 bt and few different apps and Windows software and ended up working with my Samsung tablet
Yes it can be done

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.png  
Old 01-21-16, 08:14 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I converted the SC back to stock over the weekend, and I aligned the car today.

Old 01-21-16, 10:56 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Whoa, what?? Don't tell me you're moving on from the SC platform....
Old 01-22-16, 05:42 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Yeah what's up with that? Saw your bags system for sale in classifieds made me wonder after seeing this post
Old 01-22-16, 10:55 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Whoa, what?? Don't tell me you're moving on from the SC platform....
I'm not sure what I'll be getting next, but I'm done modifying this SC. I'll be giving the car to my dad when I pick up a new car. I've replaced almost 90% of the car, so I know its in better condition than his current car.

Someone hit my quarter panel around thanksgiving and it has been a huge headache. It took over a month to figure out if the other driver had insurance, then having to worry about the car becoming totaled since the SC only has a kbb of $3k. The last straw was having the body shop make so many mistakes on the car. To fix the quarter panel they told me they had to paint both quarter panels and the roof since there was no break in the body line. The shop did a great job of fixing the area where the dent was, but as a result of them painting most of my car it created all these other little flaws on the rest of the car.

They called me to tell me my car was ready, but they forgot to fix a few dings, so they kept the car another 5 days, then when I came to pick up the car I pointed out a few areas of concern, so they had to keep it 2 or 3 more days. I didn't look at the car the day I picked it up because it was raining, but they told me their whole team looked over my car and I shouldn't find any more flaws.

When I got home I found over spray all over the rear of the car, and they had broken my 3 button remote key and glued it back together. I also noticed that when in my garage the paint shade was off (I used to detail cars, so I have a lot of lights in my garage to see paint imperfections). The car looks acceptable now, but in 2 or 3 years it'll be completely off. I had to go back to the shop another time to get a new key and have them clean off the over spray on my rear bumper. Since then I've found more over spray on my doors and a few more spots they didn't spray evenly. The worse part is that most of this could have been prevented if they spent more time prepping and masking the car. It's annoying knowing that my car was in nicer condition before it went into the body shop.

The only way to fix the flaws would be to have the entire car repainted, but I don't feel like spending $4k on paint right now, so I decided to just convert it back to stock and move on.

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Yeah what's up with that? Saw your bags system for sale in classifieds made me wonder after seeing this post
To be fair, the bag system was for sale before I ever installed it. Since there wasn't much interest at my original price I decided to use it for a few months and cut the price to make it more affordable.
Old 01-22-16, 02:07 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I'm not sure what I'll be getting next, but I'm done modifying this SC. I'll be giving the car to my dad when I pick up a new car. I've replaced almost 90% of the car, so I know its in better condition than his current car.

Someone hit my quarter panel around thanksgiving and it has been a huge headache. It took over a month to figure out if the other driver had insurance, then having to worry about the car becoming totaled since the SC only has a kbb of $3k. The last straw was having the body shop make so many mistakes on the car. To fix the quarter panel they told me they had to paint both quarter panels and the roof since there was no break in the body line. The shop did a great job of fixing the area where the dent was, but as a result of them painting most of my car it created all these other little flaws on the rest of the car.

They called me to tell me my car was ready, but they forgot to fix a few dings, so they kept the car another 5 days, then when I came to pick up the car I pointed out a few areas of concern, so they had to keep it 2 or 3 more days. I didn't look at the car the day I picked it up because it was raining, but they told me their whole team looked over my car and I shouldn't find any more flaws.

When I got home I found over spray all over the rear of the car, and they had broken my 3 button remote key and glued it back together. I also noticed that when in my garage the paint shade was off (I used to detail cars, so I have a lot of lights in my garage to see paint imperfections). The car looks acceptable now, but in 2 or 3 years it'll be completely off. I had to go back to the shop another time to get a new key and have them clean off the over spray on my rear bumper. Since then I've found more over spray on my doors and a few more spots they didn't spray evenly. The worse part is that most of this could have been prevented if they spent more time prepping and masking the car. It's annoying knowing that my car was in nicer condition before it went into the body shop.

The only way to fix the flaws would be to have the entire car repainted, but I don't feel like spending $4k on paint right now, so I decided to just convert it back to stock and move on
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be livid if a body shop did that to my car. Your car was very tastefully modded, so i'm sad to see you move on from it. Thanks again for your help and expertise and i hope to see you in an SC again in the future.
Old 01-22-16, 02:46 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I changed the oil with my new oil change pump kit, never knew changing your oil could be so easy. Downside is it doesn't make changing the oil filter any easier but I'm relocating it with the swap so its a temporary problem.
Old 01-23-16, 02:04 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be livid if a body shop did that to my car. Your car was very tastefully modded, so i'm sad to see you move on from it. Thanks again for your help and expertise and i hope to see you in an SC again in the future.
Thanks, I'm planning on holding on to all my parts until I decide what car to buy. If I buy something else I'll only hold on to discontinued SC parts in case I ever come back.
Old 01-23-16, 07:00 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Yes man sorry to hear that this happened to your ride, I was researching and came to conclusion there is nothing equates to quality and reliability of Lexus and Toyota products out there on the market that's from the personal life experience.
I hope it works out for you!
Old 01-24-16, 06:08 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 427 Likes on 351 Posts

I took my 19 inch wheels off. I'm hoping to sell them soon.
Old 01-24-16, 07:09 PM
9Dragnfly2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced steering rack bushings and oil change in 35 degree weather!

24 year old bushings lol

Old 01-24-16, 09:35 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Looked at it forlornly under the carport. Haven't driven it in over a week with all this crap weather and snow we've had.
Old 01-27-16, 10:28 AM
RSJSC400
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

9D, I need to do this also. Did you use the Daizen Sport Tuning Bushings Part #: S1-2030 ?
Old 01-30-16, 09:20 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

Yesterday, I gave a friend a ride who has a 5-series BMW and an Escalade. He guessed the car had 350 HP and was shocked when I told him it's "only" 250 HP (less whatever the factory overrated it at, plus whatever I've added with I/E and manifold porting). Yay for torque!
Old 01-31-16, 08:25 AM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

attempted to clean my TB. I didnt know there was a bolt back there that secured the inlet so I F'd around for about 5 minutes trying to determine WTF was holding the thing on, I also managed to crack the inlet duct hose while removing it. I think it was already cracked, I just made it much bigger. Found a cracked hose that leads off the inlet pipe down to somewhere so I cut it back and attempoted to put it back onto the spud, cracked it even more! so I cut it back again and grafted in a piece of softer rubber line with a coupler. I had an off idle dead spot on the throttle that wife complained about and I knew about. didnt like the way it cleaned so Off it comes for a deep cleaning. Whats the second blade in there for, up front? The electrical connection for that just pulled off, I dont think it was snapped in. I siliconed the crack for the time being.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?