SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-20, 05:43 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 372 Likes on 252 Posts

Looks promising... The window trim panels are very brittle and mine were damaged during the repaint. Repairing them is the way to go; post pics of your final results.
Old 04-12-20, 05:56 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

Attempting window trim repair with JB weld plastic bonder. Seems to be working so far.
Looks good. I think i recall OLT used Liquid Nails when repairing the door panels. I was going to try doing that to mine one day. I thought you bought a new set of factory window trim panels recently?
Old 04-12-20, 07:15 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Duck05
Looks promising... The window trim panels are very brittle and mine were damaged during the repaint. Repairing them is the way to go; post pics of your final results.
Will do. I wasn't able to align it perfectly, so the cracks are still visible through the leather. But it feels rock hard and stronger than before. I almost want to cover the entire back of the window trim with the Plastic Bonder.

I still need to address the broken bolt holes. I'm planning on attaching washers to the trim, but I want to do it mounted on the car, so I can get the spacing correct. Once that's done I'll fill the open gaps with expandable foam and cut them down to create a rigid support.

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
Looks good. I think i recall OLT used Liquid Nails when repairing the door panels. I was going to try doing that to mine one day. I thought you bought a new set of factory window trim panels recently?
I bought the A pillar trims. The factory window trims are too expensive. They're around $500 a piece.

Old 04-13-20, 05:43 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

I need to try and do that on my driver and passenger trim panels as well. I'd love to see some before and after photos.
Old 04-13-20, 09:57 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 123 Posts

Gave her a bath, can't get over how clean it looks even months after polish and ceramic coat

The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (04-13-20)
Old 04-13-20, 12:24 PM
FamForce6
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by - V -
Gave her a bath, can't get over how clean it looks even months after polish and ceramic coat

Looks sweet. I love that pearl white color.
I dig the wheels you have there. Are they off another Lexus model?
Old 04-13-20, 01:09 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RudysSC
I need to try and do that on my driver and passenger trim panels as well. I'd love to see some before and after photos.
it's not hard to do. Just takes time and patience. I didn't take before pics, but I can post the end results when I'm done.

Which coating did you end up going with?

Originally Posted by FamForce6
Looks like a 350z wheel.
Old 04-13-20, 02:55 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 123 Posts

Which coating did you end up going with?
I got Avalon King. Watched one of the VinWIKI videos on youtube and they had a promotion for $25 off so it cost me $40. I've also heard a lot of good things about it from various people so I figured i'd give it a go. Been about 4 months since i applied it and its holding up very well. Also had someone suggest to use it on the weather trim and it stopped the black streaking after rains so I'm very happy with it so far.

Originally Posted by FamForce6
blk is correct, Those are 350z anniversary rims. staggered setup 8 in the front 8.5 in the rear. Got the wheels for free though a friend at a junkyard, spent about $40 on refinishing them and $400 or so on tires. Completely transformed the look
Old 04-15-20, 11:50 AM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 372 Likes on 252 Posts

Will do. I wasn't able to align it perfectly, so the cracks are still visible through the leather. But it feels rock hard and stronger than before. I almost want to cover the entire back of the window trim with the Plastic Bonder.

I still need to address the broken bolt holes. I'm planning on attaching washers to the trim, but I want to do it mounted on the car, so I can get the spacing correct. Once that's done I'll fill the open gaps with expandable foam and cut them down to create a rigid support.

I bought the A pillar trims. The factory window trims are too expensive. They're around $500 a piece.
I had a professional perform the repairs since the body shop agreed to pay half. He claimed to have done a large volume of the window trim repairs as the door and window trim panels are of the worst designs he ever saw. He used a mesh material around all the contact points to reinforce these areas. See the picture...

Old 04-19-20, 07:22 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Super clean 051 paint, she looks great in the sun! Ceramic coating always pays off.

I need to pull my window trim and reinforce as well before the crack goes through. I have some fiberglass cloth and resin, would that work or will the resin eat the factory plastic?

Not today, but in the last week:

-Replaced heater control valve with new OEM to fix my coolant leak. 26 year lifespan of the original ain't bad! Actually came from Japan in 5 days despite Corona.
-Full coolant flush
-Replaced trunk struts (Hallelujah, it raises then I press the button and stays up!)
-Installed ARP extended studs on the rear axle
-Got tires mounted on my new wheels, installed them, adjusted the ride height and spacers 5 times to get it right
-Cleaned out the wheel wells, cross member, subframe with degreaser for general cleaning and to get rid of coolant that leaked
-Washed it
-Drove it

RudysSC (04-19-20)
Old 04-19-20, 08:09 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Finally got around to making a few little adjustments to my intercooler piping and installing some not-so-ghetto lower intercooler brackets to keep it firmly in place. Took mine out for a drive and enjoyed the beautiful day yesterday.
SC_coupe (04-19-20)
Old 04-19-20, 10:10 AM
FamForce6
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally replaced the inside door handle.
SC_coupe (04-19-20)
Old 04-20-20, 03:33 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

I wiped some bird poop off of it.
Old 04-25-20, 10:49 AM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

Finished suspension overhaul and took it for a nice drive

The following 4 users liked this post by Shayy:
1997Soarer (05-08-20), SCJim (04-25-20), SC_coupe (04-26-20), Wintermute (05-09-20)
Old 04-25-20, 12:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Glad to see it all back together!
Shayy (04-25-20)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?