SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-20, 04:27 PM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Got around to removing the old purple tint from the previous owner. Now have to remove any leftover glue
Old 08-04-20, 07:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 437 Likes on 360 Posts

I updated my tags on the SC and LS today.
Old 08-06-20, 10:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Installed my OG status lights. I asked for maximum usable light.

The following 3 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Duck05 (08-10-20), Mr. Klean (09-14-21), SC_coupe (08-11-20)
Old 08-07-20, 08:13 AM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

Looking good! That looks pretty bright. Reminds me of those days we had city lights in our housings. LOL
Old 08-07-20, 09:41 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Those headlights are incredible! What did you have OG Status do to them? I’d love to have him build a set for me.
Old 08-07-20, 04:28 PM
SCJim
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Beautiful! I love the light output - my factory lights look like nightlights in comparison.

I want one of the OG designs but I don't have the spare money at the moment, but yours look so good that it gets me thinking again.

Nice upgrade. Congrats!
Old 08-07-20, 05:45 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
Those headlights are incredible! What did you have OG Status do to them? I’d love to have him build a set for me.
I had a permanent headlight restoration + switchback DRL done, then I added on a morimoto D2S retrofit and Horus Lighting HID kit.

When the lights were closer to completion I asked him what bulbs should I run in the signal and marker lights. He said the marker lights are included with my lights, and if I wanted to do the wiring, then get switchback bulbs for the signal. He recommended which bulbs to buy since he didn't sell them at the time, but as of a few weeks ago, he's now a vendor for them.
The following users liked this post:
SC_coupe (08-11-20)
Old 08-07-20, 05:50 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCJim
Beautiful! I love the light output - my factory lights look like nightlights in comparison.

I want one of the OG designs but I don't have the spare money at the moment, but yours look so good that it gets me thinking again.

Nice upgrade. Congrats!
I was on the fence for years if I wanted him to build my lights. Not that I didn't trust his work, but I already had "custom" lights and also brand new in box lights from the dealer.

After a lot of contemplation, I decided to pull the trigger and have him build them. Now that they're done its no regrets. I could never do the work this clean with the same attention to detail.
Old 08-09-20, 08:41 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts

I was on the fence for years if I wanted him to build my lights. Not that I didn't trust his work, but I already had "custom" lights and also brand new in box lights from the dealer.

After a lot of contemplation, I decided to pull the trigger and have him build them. Now that they're done its no regrets. I could never do the work this clean with the same attention to detail.
They look amazing. I have been ogling his website for years wondering if i should go through with it and more importantly, if i can afford to do so. Glad they worked for you. Do you feel comfortable sharing how much you paid to get them done as well as how long it took?
Old 08-10-20, 12:42 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Talking

I had a permanent headlight restoration + switchback DRL done, then I added on a morimoto D2S retrofit and Horus Lighting HID kit.

When the lights were closer to completion I asked him what bulbs should I run in the signal and marker lights. He said the marker lights are included with my lights, and if I wanted to do the wiring, then get switchback bulbs for the signal. He recommended which bulbs to buy since he didn't sell them at the time, but as of a few weeks ago, he's now a vendor for them.
That sounds like an awesome setup. I bet it’s super bright at night like the newer Lexus’ are. I figured I’d want to do a similar setup. I like how your housings are still chrome.

That’s cool that the marker lights are included. The switchback bulbs seem like a good idea.

Old 08-10-20, 12:44 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

I washed my SC again and polished the lips on my wheels. My neighbors are getting some work done on their house and a bunch of nasty dust was covering my cars.

I can’t wait to get a garage again.
Old 08-13-20, 11:45 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by - V -
They look amazing. I have been ogling his website for years wondering if i should go through with it and more importantly, if i can afford to do so. Glad they worked for you. Do you feel comfortable sharing how much you paid to get them done as well as how long it took?
My experience isn't the best example of typical pricing and time frame because Daniel and I are friends.

Pricing:
I don't know the exact total because Daniel and I had been talking about me doing this for a while, so I had some parts on hand that I bought from him in the past and he supplied parts needed for the current build. If I had to guess, it was somewhere around $1.1k-1.5k for everything. That includes me going out and buying another set of headlights to give to OG. It probably would have been cheaper if I let him source everything himself to build it.

Timing:
As far as the time frame goes, I agreed to the build some time around mid April, and they were done around the last week of July (3.5 months), but it really only took him 1.5 months to build them (lots of supplier delays because of Covid).

I told Daniel I wouldn't need the lights until some time in September, so he could take his time on mine as long as it was done by then. He ended up asking me at one point if I would be willing to let him use part of my lights for a different build he was trying to finish. I agreed as long as he thought he would be able to locate me a comparable part for me in the future. It took him until mid June to locate another headlight to replace mine. After that, it took him about 1.5 months to finish the lights.

Old 08-16-20, 08:28 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Still dialing in the fitment

Old 08-17-20, 11:05 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Talking

Still dialing in the fitment

That looks incredible!
Old 08-17-20, 11:11 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

I gave away my set of black wheels that I used to have on my SC if that counts. I would like to replace them with a set of Supra TT wheels.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?