Barbary
Instructor

Received 505 Likes on 300 Posts

Barstow Cal. Lenwood Outlets 6.99 premium
Old 10-06-22, 02:22 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 372 Likes on 252 Posts

Oil change and a long over due coolant flush and replacement….. (done at my reliable independent shop).
Old 10-10-22, 11:12 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have so many questions

(Haven't been around in some time, since I sold my SC)

1. What are "pigtails"?

2. What are these buttons?
2a. Phone controls?
2b. Why 3?
2c. Does it work with modern phones? That'd be SICK!

This is the first SC steering wheel, 3-spoke or otherwise, that I've seen with such buttons.
If you ask me, it's actually more desirable than an aftermarket one; just for the nostalgia (aesthetically speaking), and the function (if they work with your phone).

Last edited by SEIDO; 10-10-22 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-12-22, 08:38 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 295 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by SEIDO
I have so many questions

1. What are "pigtails"?

2a. Phone controls?
2b. Why 3?

This is the first SC steering wheel, 3-spoke or otherwise, that I've seen with such buttons.
If you ask me, it's actually more desirable than an aftermarket one; just for the nostalgia (aesthetically speaking), and the function (if they work with your phone).
Those are the controls for the Lexus phone option. They're pretty much useless now.
Old 10-12-22, 09:17 PM
fliptrix
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

1. I have the pigtail/connectors for the newer cluster that I salvaged up.
97 cluster has 4 connectors on back where as my current 92 just has 3. -> some wiring is involve to use in a 92.
2. Yes they are phone controls for the included, now useless car phone. And no they do not work with modern phone, they are still functional, but with the useless car phone haha.

Originally Posted by SEIDO
I have so many questions

1. What are "pigtails"?

2a. Phone controls?
2b. Why 3?

Old 10-13-22, 06:12 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
Those are the controls for the Lexus phone option. They're pretty much useless now.
I'd have to see the wiring of the controls and how they pass through the steering column but I bet you I can make it work with an aftermarket bluetooth adapter. At the end of the day its a simple button that opens and closes a circuit. If you can trace where the wires of those buttons go, you could solder them to a bluetooth unit that has 3 buttons (mine does) and essentially 'relocate' the buttons to the steering wheel. Its complicated and probably unnecessary but I could definitely see it working.
Old 10-23-22, 10:27 AM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexus curse

Originally Posted by Barbary
Put 850 miles on the Bullet this weekend. Went from 7000 ft to sea level and back up to 7000 ft. without a hiccup. Got close to being wiped out by a tornado, sure got drenched. Worst part was paying $7.00 a gallon at sea level.
The curse of owning a Lexus, premium gasoline required
Old 10-23-22, 11:04 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

That looks a treat!
Old 10-31-22, 01:53 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Default Winterized my interior

Every Fall and every Spring I Armorall my entire interior getting ready for the season, seats, everything

Old 11-01-22, 06:49 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Oh my goodness…I haven’t seen a Club anti theft device in 20 years… I’m not trying to be funny, I am genuinely taken aback!

As for the Armor All, there’s a lot of choices out there today which are better at protecting without that greasy film left behind. Have you tried any of the other products out there?

Nick
The following users liked this post:
Bimmerbill (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 08:41 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Default Not laughable

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
Oh my goodness…I haven’t seen a Club anti theft device in 20 years… I’m not trying to be funny, I am genuinely taken aback!

As for the Armor All, there’s a lot of choices out there today which are better at protecting without that greasy film left behind. Have you tried any of the other products out there?

Nick
Hello Nick, I don't see anything laughable really, in fact, you might learn something.
I got the the club as an additional anti theft when I got my car 20 years ago, and guess what, I still have the club and my car 20 years later! Even in all thru the many years I lived in downtown San Francisco. I still have my cars original Toyota anti theft system working very well, but I want the dirtbag who wants to steal the car see that club and say. Man I'm not going to f__k with that and turn away. Don't want to track down the car after it's stolen. Don't want it stolen in the first place

Google car anti theft and usually one will get this

20 years ago When I got my car there wasn't much else than Armorall but I liked the shine and protection and I still like the shine and its 20 year proven protection
I suggest to you and members to visit my build and the last photos I posted and judge for yourself if it hasn't worked well for me.
Both the club and the Armorall. What more can one ask for?

Last edited by Barbary; 11-01-22 at 08:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (11-02-22), SCJim (11-02-22)
Old 11-02-22, 01:57 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 372 Likes on 252 Posts

Years back I switched from Armorall to 303 Protectant based on numerous recommendations from several custom detailer sites. The claim was the Armorall formula damaged the surfaces overtime to car dashboards and interiors.

However, I think that was a general assessment based on most cars have vinyl or plastic materials rather than our SCs having leather. I use the 303 both on interior and under the hood areas with good results. If you are satisfied with your long term experience than no reason to change now but the advice above has some merit.
Old 11-02-22, 03:18 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbary
Hello Nick, I don't see anything laughable really, in fact, you might learn something.
I got the the club as an additional anti theft when I got my car 20 years ago, and guess what, I still have the club and my car 20 years later! Even in all thru the many years I lived in downtown San Francisco. I still have my cars original Toyota anti theft system working very well, but I want the dirtbag who wants to steal the car see that club and say. Man I'm not going to f__k with that and turn away. Don't want to track down the car after it's stolen. Don't want it stolen in the first place

Google car anti theft and usually one will get this

20 years ago When I got my car there wasn't much else than Armorall but I liked the shine and protection and I still like the shine and its 20 year proven protection
I suggest to you and members to visit my build and the last photos I posted and judge for yourself if it hasn't worked well for me.
Both the club and the Armorall. What more can one ask for?
Fair enough! I specifically said I was NOT trying to be funny. So, we’re on the same page, I suppose.

The Armor All comments I made were about the finish it leaves behind, not its ability to protect. I prefer natural finish products which tend to be easier on the touch. High gloss stuff typically feels oily on your fingers and I’m a stickler for that sort of thing. Meguiars has been around for 20 years or more too! Very good stuff and what I choose for most of my products. Though, I am also partial to Griot’s Garage.

Nick
Old 11-02-22, 03:28 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Anyway the point of this post was, it's good to use a protectant on your interior at least twice a year. I personally happen to use that brand.
Not to quibble about which to use.
it certainly wasn't about anti theft devices

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?