SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

To all Apexi users

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-02, 01:15 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all Apexi users

You may have read about my 'adventure' installing the Apexi Rev/Spd meter already. If not, read it here in case you care:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=53450

I'm going to attempt the install again soon. But before that, I'd like to hear from you guys with Apexi installation experience. Are their diagrams for our cars correct? And what exactly do you use to tap the wires near the ECU? I have found the splices supplied by Apexi to be of bad quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hope this is going to be my last post about this subject
Old 07-30-02, 01:28 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: To all Apexi users

Originally posted by Acctis
You may have read about my 'adventure' installing the Apexi Rev/Spd meter already. If not, read it here in case you care:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=53450

I'm going to attempt the install again soon. But before that, I'd like to hear from you guys with Apexi installation experience. Are their diagrams for our cars correct? And what exactly do you use to tap the wires near the ECU? I have found the splices supplied by Apexi to be of bad quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hope this is going to be my last post about this subject
What manual/diagram are you using? For your information the SC400 from over-seas is different from the one in US. I attempted to install the S-AFC myself and had to download updated manuals from Apexi website. I didn't install it myself because I figured the wires were too tight so had Sound Performance do it.
Old 07-30-02, 01:36 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

I'm using the current manual / wiring diagram as posted on Apexi USA's website. That should be correct because I have a US spec SC.

Actually, might be a good idea to HAVE it installed. At least I can make someone else responsible if they run into the same problem. But seriously ... it's actually very hard to find a shop to attempt this installation. I guess they're afraid too to screw it because they don't know the Apexi AND the SC400.
Old 07-30-02, 10:13 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Acctis
I'm using the current manual / wiring diagram as posted on Apexi USA's website. That should be correct because I have a US spec SC.

Actually, might be a good idea to HAVE it installed. At least I can make someone else responsible if they run into the same problem. But seriously ... it's actually very hard to find a shop to attempt this installation. I guess they're afraid too to screw it because they don't know the Apexi AND the SC400.
Wow, you got your SC from US? How do people like it down there?
Old 07-30-02, 10:25 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Well, there's no such thing as a Euorpean spec SC. They've never been sold here. So if you ever see an SC in Europe (except for the UK of course) it's most probably a US model. Happens only once a year or so though that I see another one.

And yeah, I love people turning their heads with their faces looking like 'wow, nice car, but wtf is it?' Might be because it's also completely debadged

I didn't get it directly from the USA though. Bought it used from a German Lexus dealer (was his personal car). My other car (TBird SuperCoupe) I imported from the USA. Same thing ... very, very rare here.

On the downside, hardly can't find competent shops to work on my cars ...

Last edited by supercoupes; 07-30-02 at 10:28 PM.