SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I guess Jhot is closing shop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-11, 07:32 AM
flipboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well when i was installing my 1jz i found a crack on the outside of the block i tried called g speed cause thats where i bought it from and some other company answered... asked them if this is gspeed and they said that they closed a week b4 i called... i heard that some of the workers screwed the shop and cost them to go out of business
Old 01-02-11, 09:18 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Soo anyways, back to the topic about "JHOT"

I was wondering the same thing, i tried to call them earlier this month and only a answering machine picks up, and i noticed there website is pretty much a ghost town..

definetlys sucks, all the local people in here Columbia always use Jhot, they knew most of the import shop owners here by name, they bought soo many swaps from them, always complete and turned out to be great engines, and cheaper then any other place..

a couple years ago when Jhot still had the Augusta GA location, that's where i picked up my 1jz as well, 1900 with tax, 100% complete, i even used the stock intercooler with piping....

I don't know if i would say Jhot had the best motorsets, but for the price they always delievered a complete motorset, and i've never heard anyone have any issues with them..

I'd like to find a complete 2jzgte VVTI swap now, just a little leary about ordering from ebay and getting one with missing parts or hacked wiring..
Old 01-02-11, 09:49 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aka paco
Soo anyways, back to the topic about "JHOT"

I was wondering the same thing, i tried to call them earlier this month and only a answering machine picks up, and i noticed there website is pretty much a ghost town..

definetlys sucks, all the local people in here Columbia always use Jhot, they knew most of the import shop owners here by name, they bought soo many swaps from them, always complete and turned out to be great engines, and cheaper then any other place..

a couple years ago when Jhot still had the Augusta GA location, that's where i picked up my 1jz as well, 1900 with tax, 100% complete, i even used the stock intercooler with piping....

I don't know if i would say Jhot had the best motorsets, but for the price they always delievered a complete motorset, and i've never heard anyone have any issues with them..

I'd like to find a complete 2jzgte VVTI swap now, just a little leary about ordering from ebay and getting one with missing parts or hacked wiring..
For my GS I purchased a 2jzgte. It was some shop in the ny state area. don't remember the name for the life of me, and I cannot find it while searching, but was a++ motor, real clean inside and out. If I run upon them I will let u know as they were good with communication also.
Old 01-02-11, 10:47 AM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JHOT is gone, the owner posted up a closing sale on the local forum (to him) a few days ago.
Old 01-02-11, 11:03 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Agent0024
JHOT is gone, the owner posted up a closing sale on the local forum (to him) a few days ago.
which forum is this? I am semi-local I think
Old 01-02-11, 11:31 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

sorry for thread jacking and confusion.

1) if jhot is closing their's a few other good places i would reccomend
jdm of s.fla
panda garage was referd here by martin and dave @ part shop max
Jspec auto bought my motor here
JDM Nangoya bought my coilovers here
Old 01-02-11, 11:36 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rpk2012
Nagasaki motors isnt exactly "cheap". Maybe you got two shops confused? Also, your post confuses me as your not too clear. So your telling me that you talked to 1 guy last night, and now you cross off a shop from your list on 1 review? This is the first I have heard bad about them.

I believe that there are good importers and terrible importers, but I also know that not all engines may turn out, or be delivered in good shape for one reason or another. I did read some more reviews before posting this, mainly from nico club as I value the opinion there a lot, and 95% were good, 3% were shipping damage, and 2% were bad on nagasaki's part.

na bro is not like that i had to establish a relationship with the person i copped my motor from reason being.

i had to read tons of reviews about motors from different compaines.
i read every forum and read all the goods the bads and the ulgys about how **** was broken or missing. so what i am saying to u is this take ur time bro

and as far as the long block yotas thier all over yahoo japan just take some time out and search a small bit

ive seen used vvti 1jz for 800.00 - the turbo

and if u want a regualr 1jz i would wait then cause 1's this vvti band wagon in full steam those hard to find 1jz will be widly avaliable
Old 01-02-11, 11:45 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by t70 supra
and as far as the long block yotas thier all over yahoo japan just take some time out and search a small bit
Ok, so not really something you can get your hands on unless you know an importer or have other connections.

Regarding the original thread intention:

http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/...owtopic=149294

Bummer.
Old 03-27-11, 10:58 PM
boostin240
Driver

My shop can get ahold of engines as we do many swaps in house. We source our engines from trusted importers and offer very competitive pricing as well as good warranties. Hit me up if you want details but at the moment we are doing 3 x RB20 / RB25 swaps. I personally swapped a 1JZ into my S14 and were also going to be doing 2 x 1JZ > MKIII swaps.

Ive already ordered about 3 x 1JZs so far and all of them for around $2100 or less.

www.MSPtuned.com
Old 03-28-11, 05:09 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait, just read the whole thread, and I still dont understand. Did Jhot go out of buisness because of the economy or because of he same reason Skylines are getting snatched up by the federal government.
Old 03-28-11, 05:22 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Can someone link to this $4500 fully assembled engine from Toyota? Or you do have to call and give some secret code word before they admit they have them? If anything, I believe that you can get a SHORTBLOCK for $4500, but not a complete engine. More info please!
lol
Originally Posted by QwkSC
Wait, just read the whole thread, and I still dont understand. Did Jhot go out of buisness because of the economy or because of he same reason Skylines are getting snatched up by the federal government.
yes this thread went way off track
Old 03-28-11, 07:00 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rpk2012
ok, can someone explain to me the new import law everyone is talking about? So if I buy a 1jz on ebay from canada, I cannot get it shipped state-side?
With such a large and expensive package custom's outsourced private contract will call you asking for your Tax ID. As long as you are a legal resident you can provide your Social Security number for the Tax ID.
Old 03-28-11, 07:27 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I think in this case, there were issues with their suppliers in Japan sourcing cars for them. Also, the USD/JPY exchange rates are sucking pretty hard. The Skyline snatching is just a pet project of ICE and DHS.
Old 03-28-11, 07:52 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i just got the last item from JHOT it was a set of floor mats