SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

*new member* sc400 project :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-10, 05:08 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to your newest money pit! Def cleaned it up nice. I like ur crown vic steelies def gotta ditch those but otherwise doesn't looks to bad. I've seen worse. As far az Coilover stance or pbm seems to bee on the top of most ppls list although I've heard goodthings about teins take your time and check out the classifieds for good deals
Old 12-18-10, 07:56 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome! Looks like a fun project.
Old 12-18-10, 08:09 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I don't usually suggest this, but when starting from absolute scratch with that much wrong..... I say just gut it and go aftermarket with everything down to the carpet. Some seats from *something* and some carpet from Walmart even....... A couple gauges and as long as the current climate works, leave it be and do the rest first. I wouldn't put one stock piece back in it given the extent of the damage.
Old 12-19-10, 01:23 AM
dougEfresh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off.. scotturnot.. absolutely love your car man.. I hope you don't mind but I might take a page from your book with the 2 tone interior.. I think that looks great. That said , where the heck did you get those recaro's? Very nice

O.L.T. yeah I hear what you are sayin. I'm going down tomorrow or Monday to see what parts I can get here locally before I decide on too much. I want black cloth seats forsure.. I'm guessing I'm gonna end up buying some aftermarket recaro's or sparco's and have the rear seats re apolstered. To me black carpet is black carpet.. if I can't find it then I'll go the walmart route and make somethings work.. either way I'll end up with oem floormats. The one part or parts I'm fretting over is door panels.. cause I need new ones and ebay is not being friendly right now..lol. but yeah.. the next day or so I should have a lot of updates.. gonna be pullin the interior and getting it put together correctly.
Old 12-19-10, 06:14 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dougEfresh
Well first off.. scotturnot.. absolutely love your car man.. I hope you don't mind but I might take a page from your book with the 2 tone interior.. I think that looks great. That said , where the heck did you get those recaro's? Very nice
Thanks! Go for the 2 tone, there are not a lot of guys that have it. As far as the Recaros, they are aftermarket and kinda pricy. Look for Recaro Trend. That said there are some OEM cars that have the Recaros and could save you a stack of cash if you find them.