SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Current SC400 setup.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 05:42 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That is a sick SC! The fitment on the wheels looks crazy!
Old 12-22-10, 06:16 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
does the car spin in 1st and 2nd?

may seem like a dumb question but having a car that can spin in those gears in nice to drive, its just enough power for a DD in my opinion.
I can spin 1st and into 2nd... JakeBreyck spins 3rd (gutted MK3), Bartledoo 1st and 2nd that I just saw today... Not sure if he was trying or not lol...

Originally Posted by SC'd SC400
^The guy that I stole information from without him knowing....lol. I think you were the first SC400 I ever even heard of being five speed.
Probably not the first, but most documented... Also working on my 1uz 5sp Turbo MK3 Supra... hehe

Originally Posted by BenStoked
so you're running the 1uz still, too? you guys are my idols.

gimme about a year, hope to have one, too.
lol, Tampa is the cornhole of 1uzfe stuff in the United States. We have like 10 or more major projects involving the 1uzfe at the moment...

But not to deter from the OP's thread. Keep it up man, first time I have ever seen 20's on a 92-96 and it has been acceptable... Just awesome.
Old 12-23-10, 02:40 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix

But not to deter from the OP's thread. Keep it up man, first time I have ever seen 20's on a 92-96 and it has been acceptable... Just awesome.
Just acceptable? lol
Old 12-26-10, 06:51 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

When I get back from this deployment I will be giving her a Ren Red respray and a bit more low
Old 12-26-10, 07:36 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BenStoked
first time I have seen 20's actually look good and fit the overall car.
Really? The first?

Originally Posted by SC'd SC400
^The guy that I stole information from without him knowing....lol. I think you were the first SC400 I ever even heard of being five speed.
How about a 6 speed?
Old 12-26-10, 07:36 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car looks great, keep up the movment.
Old 12-26-10, 09:21 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Really? The first?

How about a 6 speed?
When I searched W58 his popped up....I didn't search Getreg cause I knew it was spensive, well more spensive. lol
Old 12-26-10, 10:51 AM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice stance! I have been debating an SC and wondering if it would be sporty enough for me... yours certainly seems like it would be

Regarding the body, and I know its probably too late and my humble opinion matters little but why would you jack up the beautiful clean yet muscular lines with ground effects and spoilers. Reminds me of every little Civic, Neon, Cavalier etc. looking to stand out. Also reminds me of those ground effect ads in Sport Compact car - I think it was Wings West. They had a kit for every car.

Well some cars (most in fact) are best with a clean drop, perhaps a single front splitter to make it more sharp and aggressive and MAYBE a trunk lip or spoiler. Anything more and it looks fake and like its trying to hard. Especially if the rear has a valance that is squared off or a sharp edge with exhaust cut outs. Completely fabricated and non-organic look; sort of like an after thought that is trying to hard.

On the other hand a very well intergrated kit that naturally goes with the lines of the car can look good but these are rare. Especially rare for rocker panels to look natural. Some rear valances that hre rounded or have can work but again these are rare.

The moral of the story is that your car is perfect now. Respray with a lip or something minor maybe. But IMHO if you add a bunch of body bits you become one of the many modded cars whose owners lacked restraint and couldn't leave well enough alone and went to too far because that is what us gearhead modders do. Do you have pics of what you want the car to look like? Has it been sketched so you can be sure it will achieve what you're after rather than take the car backwards?

As an example of speaking from experience... Here is a beautiful 911 I bought a few years back. It already had the GT3 body bits, coil overs and beautiful BBS wheels. Well since I just HAD to add something to it and do more. So I sold the BBS and bought SSR GTII wheels because I thought I wanted a bigger lip. The new wheels didn't fit as nice, showed too much brake and simply didn't go well on the car. Some times we just can't tell when to stop and end up ruining things!

Before:

Current SC400 setup.-993bbs.jpg

After:

Current SC400 setup.-993ssr.jpg
Old 12-26-10, 11:34 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

I have had this car for quite some time and at no point have I wanted to sell it. If you know what you are getting into when you buy this car then it will do nothing but suprise you with every mod you do to it.

As for the body concern, I will be saving all the factory parts just incase I want to go back to the original look or sell the car(highly doubt that day will ever happen). I have a good idea of how the car will look when all the pieces are put on. I think of myself as being pretty capable of taking a car and making it look/perform better with each part. I also have drawn up a few sketches as not many people have used all the parts I am using together and it looks fairly decent. Even with that being said I will not hard mount anything untill I compare the different combonations, I will be getting all the factory parts resprayed also. I hope the look I am giving it will actually bring out the more masculine lines and adding a few more to it as well. A good example of what inspired me to go this route is the D1 Vertex Ridge Soarer, but at the same time I will be doing a few things different to keep it looking clean and VIP inspired as well(more or less interior).

I appreciate your opinion and believe me before ordering these parts I considered it for a good bit of time, I just hope it meets or excedes my desired image.
Old 12-26-10, 07:25 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Everything looks great. Love what you've done!
Old 12-26-10, 09:50 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Default ..

would luv to hear a sound clip of ur exhaust....
Old 12-27-10, 02:30 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

I will have to have a friend record one because I am currently deployed......I have one of my old setup(dual magnaflows), but it sounds no where near as good as this setup.
Old 12-27-10, 02:39 AM
VIPcarter
Driver School Candidate

Looks Mean, like the front lip
I'd hump its back end

Last edited by VIPcarter; 12-27-10 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-27-10, 11:15 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 On the sound clip of the single exhaust.

XX
Old 12-27-10, 02:10 PM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

I will try and get a vid up tonight.

Quick Reply: Current SC400 setup.