SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

how can i tell the difference in ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-14, 11:08 AM
fourstars
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the vin # of the vehicle it came from you can always run that information...my 2cents.
Old 02-19-14, 11:27 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by BoOsT-CrAz
its a 2jzgte swapped 95 but i dont know what engine it is either looks like some jdm and usdm parts n the engine and i am having issues with hot start and triin to figure out if its the ecu or wth the problem is lol
well you see that is very helpfull imformation right there I can't see how I was supossed to guess that and guess what ecu you have in your car. I am assuming it is non-vvti.

does your engine run off a MAF on the intake pipe, or a map sensor only?
If it has a MAF, it is from a USDM SUPRA.
If it has a map sensor, it is JDM and can be from a supra or an aristo.

does your a/c work? if not its most likely an aristo and you need to do the a/c relay fix.
If it does work check by the ecu to see if there is a relay wired in, if there is then its likely an aristo ecu. If there is no relay on the a/c line and the a/c works I think then it is a supra ecu.
Old 02-19-14, 05:57 PM
BoOsT-CrAz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
well you see that is very helpfull imformation right there I can't see how I was supossed to guess that and guess what ecu you have in your car. I am assuming it is non-vvti.

does your engine run off a MAF on the intake pipe, or a map sensor only?
If it has a MAF, it is from a USDM SUPRA.
If it has a map sensor, it is JDM and can be from a supra or an aristo.

does your a/c work? if not its most likely an aristo and you need to do the a/c relay fix.
If it does work check by the ecu to see if there is a relay wired in, if there is then its likely an aristo ecu. If there is no relay on the a/c line and the a/c works I think then it is a supra ecu.
ok heres my dilema it has a block egr on the intake, there is a hard wire for the ac doesn't come from the computer, but the injectors look silver no the dark grey but more silver, im thinking its a usdm but the injectors arent grey, also there is a maf and map so thats even more reason im thinking usdm but the injectors aren't purple.

I DIDNT know about the ac so thats a HUGE help thank you, but im 60% its a usdm but i keep goin back to the injectors but in the kick panel theres all kinds of cut wires and i havent had the chance to find a wire diag to see what is in there if its from the sc or what?

the reason i left this info out is cause i talked to a couple ecu re-builders and they said its almost irrelevant but i didnt think that was right, im just triin to figure out my hot start issue and try and clean up the kick panel so i can start building the car more

I DO GREATLY APPRECIATE THE INSITE AND HELP
Old 02-22-14, 05:59 PM
BoOsT-CrAz
Driver School Candidate

I have figured out its the right ecu but still ha e no clue about the hot start issues
Old 02-23-14, 08:21 AM
BoOsT-CrAz
Driver School Candidate

Egr is gone, I can put a new pcv n I will check the reg n see