SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I love having a Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 10:31 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no ES250 sub forum here. LOL I feel bad for the owners.
Old 12-22-10, 10:51 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
There is no ES250 sub forum here. LOL I feel bad for the owners.
Haha! There was (or maybe still is) an ES250 in my neighborhood in crappy condition. For years that car just stood on the driveway and every time I'd pass that spot, it never moved. I think it's one of the only times I've ever even seen an ES250... most people don't know about them.
Old 12-22-10, 10:56 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I love having a Lex myself, its one of those things called prestige
There is something about the car that screams love me and look at me
Old 12-22-10, 12:03 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Haha! There was (or maybe still is) an ES250 in my neighborhood in crappy condition. For years that car just stood on the driveway and every time I'd pass that spot, it never moved. I think it's one of the only times I've ever even seen an ES250... most people don't know about them.
are u talking bout the white 1 on burleigh
Old 12-22-10, 01:25 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I've only seen three ES250's in my life and two of them might be the same car and I didn't notice. I had never heard of I until I was on Wikipedia at work and saw it.

I want an ES250 just because it's so rare and ugly. They sold poorly compared to the ES300 which is why most people will never see one.

I hope I can find some special Lexus parking spots around here.
Old 12-22-10, 01:56 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, the es250 is the lexus model that lexus wants to forget.
Old 12-22-10, 02:03 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

It almost seems like they wanted to forget the orignal SC judging by how our cars didn't come with half the stuff the GS and LS came with and they seem to be in no rush to build a new SC.

I've heard of people getting special parking and stuff for owning a Lexus, is it a common thing for you guys in the bigger cities?
Old 12-22-10, 02:08 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kira X
It almost seems like they wanted to forget the orignal SC judging by how our cars didn't come with half the stuff the GS and LS came with and they seem to be in no rush to build a new SC.

I've heard of people getting special parking and stuff for owning a Lexus, is it a common thing for you guys in the bigger cities?
what stuff? It seemed like the SC had a butt load of amenities throughout it's 9 year run.
Old 12-22-10, 02:29 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

what stuff? It seemed like the SC had a butt load of amenities throughout it's 9 year run.
It didn't have navigation, which is what comes to mind first. I rode in a 95 LS400 and it had a gated shifter, softer seats, a disk changer in the glovebox, better gauge cluster and a few other little things. It wasn't until the last few years of the SC's production that it started getting nicer things that the LS and GS had. The pre-98 SC's weren't THAT nice compared to the other models.
Old 12-22-10, 03:29 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is a ´92 and it has a Nakamichi doble-din unit with 12 cd changer, leather electrical heated seats with memory, electronic tilt steering wheel with the "away" feature, the right seat moves forward when someone needs to sit in the rear seat, you can open the trunk and the gas-I-don´t-know-how-do-you-say from the interior, sunroof, cruise control, 6 speakers plus subwoofer, traction control, valet key...I think it´s good enough for the year.
Old 12-22-10, 05:26 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Mine is a ´92 and it has a Nakamichi doble-din unit with 12 cd changer, leather electrical heated seats with memory, electronic tilt steering wheel with the "away" feature, the right seat moves forward when someone needs to sit in the rear seat, you can open the trunk and the gas-I-don´t-know-how-do-you-say from the interior, sunroof, cruise control, 6 speakers plus subwoofer, traction control, valet key...I think it´s good enough for the year.
Don't get me wrong, it's impressive for the early ones. It's just a few little things that the other Lexus' got a few years before the SC did. The JDM Soarer also blows our SC's away in terms of features, but that's another story for a different day. My 93 has a lot of cool stuff that my mom's 06 Platinum Escalade doesn't have, but we definitely could have had so much more.

I still think the automatic tilting steering wheel is the coolest thing ever though. It blew me away when I first saw it in action a few years ago.

Sorry to get off topic.
Old 12-22-10, 05:35 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The restaurant I work at locally does free Lexus Valet parking, but I refuse to let them drive my car. I tried to convince the boss to let me drive my own car into the lot, but he refused......

Also when I had my SC, I had an older gentleman wave to me while driving his, I remember also sitting at a light and looking to my right and seeing some lady taking pictures of the car. Not to mention the amount of ricers and cars that could beat me who attempted to race me.

Alas, the GS doesn't get such recognition, which is a blessing and curse LOL.
Old 12-22-10, 07:16 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, the es250 is the lexus model that lexus wants to forget.
Ive never heard of an ES250 until now. What was so bad about it other than it obviously has a smaller motor?

Originally Posted by Kira X

Read an interview with someone from lexus that the LFA was supposed to be 3rd gen sc but 4 years into the design they decided to make it a high dollar super car because at that point the car was already going to have to be sold at twice the price of the SC430. Lexus has already released some concept sketches of the next gen SC which is being renamed to the LC600h.

Also keep in mind that Lexus' intent for the sc was to be a sports coupe first and luxury car second where-as the LS and GS were just straight up luxury cars. Have you seen what came in the IS300s? most of them had cloth seats.
Old 12-22-10, 08:24 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
Also keep in mind that Lexus' intent for the sc was to be a sports coupe first and luxury car second where-as the LS and GS were just straight up luxury cars. Have you seen what came in the IS300s? most of them had cloth seats.
I gotta argue with this part a little. I have the book, "The Lexus Story" and in there they mentioned that the GS300-400 were built with more of a 'thrilling' ideal in mind. Long gone the days of the old stodgy luxury car, in with the new, aggressive beast that was the redesigned GS. Were they luxurious, sure, but they were built to prove that Lexus didn't just design cars with no life, but instead invoked a release of the soul.
Old 12-22-10, 08:39 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by MattStarr
Ive never heard of an ES250 until now. What was so bad about it other than it obviously has a smaller motor?

Read an interview with someone from lexus that the LFA was supposed to be 3rd gen sc but 4 years into the design they decided to make it a high dollar super car because at that point the car was already going to have to be sold at twice the price of the SC430. Lexus has already released some concept sketches of the next gen SC which is being renamed to the LC600h.

The ES250 looked exactly like the late 80's Toyota Camry which was extremely boxy compared to the sleeker LS400 and SC400. If you saw it in person, you probably would think it was fake.

That is true that the SC was supposed to be a sports coupe first. The LS was the top of the line Lexus and the most expensive with the SC just below it in price. The GS was supposed to be more of a balance of luxury and sport like the SC except in the form of a sedan. I've seen quite a few IS300's and they're interior is nowhere near the ES300 or SC in terms of luxury. It's certainly sporty, but it always seemed a little out of place with the second generation GS, LS430, and the ES300. I actually couldn't believe the IS was a Lexus the first time I saw it because it sure didn't look like the typical Lexus and it was a sporty little sedan.

Originally Posted by Jewcano
I gotta argue with this part a little. I have the book, "The Lexus Story" and in there they mentioned that the GS300-400 were built with more of a 'thrilling' ideal in mind. Long gone the days of the old stodgy luxury car, in with the new, aggressive beast that was the redesigned GS. Were they luxurious, sure, but they were built to prove that Lexus didn't just design cars with no life, but instead invoked a release of the soul.
That is true. The GS wasn't made to be straight up luxury like the LS was. I think it was definitely a nice balance between sport and luxury. I just wish our first generation GS' came with the 2JZ-GTE's like the Aristo did, then it'd be really sporty then.