SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

they broke it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-02, 07:13 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry they broke it!

OK, i just came back from visiting my car in the shop, ya i know it sounds ****, but i like to go and see whats going on. The guy says u wana drive it to the paint bay? im like sure, for those of you who don't know, my lex was hit in the parking lot, and the back passanger side rear QP was completly banged in. anywas, the CD player didnt work, and the whole passanger side of the cars speakers did not work either, i knew that the door tweet was blown, but now, it doensnt even crackle, the door midrange, nothing, and the back right speaker nothing at all as well. I messed around with the CD player in the truck, i kinda got it to work, but it goes slow as *****, half the CD's display err messages, and no sound from the right side, is the amp under the CD player? Did they forget to connect a wire or something, when they banged out the QP, did they rewire something wrong and fry something, why would they have to dewire the CD player anyway, WHAT THE HELL COULD OF HAPPEND?
Old 08-07-02, 07:16 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The amp is located below the cd player.

Gazi
Old 08-07-02, 07:26 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All the speakers in the SC's are run by the amp under the CD changer. If they messed with the harness or the amp it could easily cause the problems you are having. Also if you are claiming this against your insurance I would try and get them to give you a new cd changer cause once they start giving you that error messgae they are generally on the last leg and about to go out. If your speaker problem turns out to be the amp you may want to try to claim on that as well cause I believe they are quite expensive.
Old 08-08-02, 05:50 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default picked up the lex

picked up the lex today, at 6pm, the body shop was closed but they had it in the showroom all nice and shiny for me, ya but as i look closer, the sc400 emblem is all dinged up, the lip above the bumper where the sc400 emblem goes is not even on tight, you can push it, and the whole thing moves about 3 inches...OK, maybe an 1/2 inch, but still, its not on right, open the trunk, you know all the fabric lining, half the screws are not even on, you can touch it and the casing falls off. they completely put grease stains on my floor mats, and on the leather arm rest, the CD player and right side speakers are shot, and to top it off, they put this yellow paint mark on the driver side door, what the f*uk? they open at 7:30am tomorrow, so dont be suprised if you see on the news that a body shop manager brutaly beaten up by a customer.
I want to go to that lexus meet this weekend if i have a ****y looking car, oh man, oh man, heads should roll for this.

Last edited by akmpres; 08-08-02 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-08-02, 07:32 PM
robbsneak
Pole Position

Arrow hey brother,..

If they keep giving you a hard time, let me know,... ill install the fear of death into their hearts. I feel pretty upset at the moment. I think they are running a shady business. I got yo back dogg. , .......................your brother,..........robb s.
Old 08-09-02, 04:40 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default 7AM!

Ok, i think i scared those guys, at the dealership I called screaming and yelling at 6:30am, spoke to the manager told me to bring it in, I had one of my friends drive the lex there, I took my acura thinking that it would take all day to fix.

The manager came out, deeply apolgized, took my lex, after compelmenting me on my nice shiny yellow nsx-t that was now creating a buzz among the body shop guys, "hey, billy bob, you ever work on those?" ! well here i am 7:45am, both lexus and Acura sleeping quitely in my garage, ready to fight another battle another day.....