SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Question on 2jz-ge vvti?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-10, 02:10 PM
Eul_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on 2jz-ge vvti?

Hi I just picked up another 2000 SC300 and to be honest I don't know crap about the 2jz-ge VVti models, It's a totally different beast compared to my 95'... So I got a few question for you guys.

1. Is it the a Drive by wire system like the IS300 or is it cable?

2. I heard that it's hard to use a stand alone on these OBD2 models because all the communication that is process thru the oem ecu, is that true or false? If false what is a good stand alone for it?

3. I want to do a manual r154 swap and turbo. Like some of the OBDI 2JZ-GE that can run off of a 2jz-gte ecu...can I use a OBD 2 manual ecu from a 2jz-gte VVti?

Sorry for all the questions guys but I've search like crazy before I even thought of posting. I'm starting to realize I might not be able to do **** with this year sc300...if I can't get any help or pointers on it. thanks
Old 12-24-10, 03:09 PM
k93
Driver

My brova ,,,, im down in ft. lauderdale and i too have a 2000sc 300 and currently swapping a 2001 supra vvti twin turbo auto in my baby . Mind you I am not a mechanic so i am relying on my family at Team Orange to guide me and pretty much take care of what i want done. I have confidence in my brova and i have seen a lot of vehicles he has build and I know how he attacks every build as if he was building it for himself. I ran into a brova that has be tuning forever and seems to me when i talk to him like it is easy for him at this point , his name is Lance and he too has mastered the skill of squeezing safe reliable horsepower out of anything thats in front of him. If i were you i would definitely reach out to him I'm sure he could guide you. However as far as my sc is concerned the motor is in and she is currently sitting at the shop that is fabricating the intercooler pipes. soooooo again reach out on the forum or maybe someone will chime in with Lances info or you can give Team Orange a call and go from there. There are a quite of few sc running rampart down her in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of wicked black ones and red devil and a smooth white one. We are without a doubt in SCLAND down here.
Old 12-24-10, 06:09 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think they are drive by wire...but what difference does that really make with modifications?

I dont think it would be hard to use a standalone. The only problem you will have is you cant use your data port that would be used for emmissions.

You might have an issue there. The 95-98 USDM 2jz's didnt have VVTi...so it wont be able to control VVTi. Unless im thinking of something else. The Japan ECU's are all OBD0 I believe so that wont help.

If you wanna trade-ill trade you a 1jz swapped SC for it
Old 12-25-10, 09:52 AM
Eul_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for your response. I wanted to know if it was Drive by wire like the IS300, if it was I was going to try and source a Manual ECU out of an IS300.