SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Christmas presents going on (gettin' flush!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-10, 12:56 AM
Toastt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas presents going on (gettin' flush!)

Finally starting to save my front tires and get some good wheel fitment going.

Got some ebay upper control arms

These are such a pain to put on, depending on how old your SC is I suppose. Everything under there in my wheel well is so corroded and stuck on tight. I only managed to get 1 side on today due to frustration with the cold and it being night and other things.

eeeewww, old control arms

and to go along with them I got some spacers

and yeah, that is my serpentine belt there just laying on the ground at the top of the picture due to the outer ring of my crank pulley falling off lol. More pics coming tomorrow when I'm finished.

Last edited by Toastt; 12-27-10 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-27-10, 01:24 AM
dreamsc300
Driver

heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll yeah!
Old 12-27-10, 03:15 AM
laurante
Driver

dude where did you buy those and how much? i searched ebay and nothing. do they make lowers?
Old 12-27-10, 07:29 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good luck with those arms, I happen to remember some one had it break on them while they were driving ill have to see if i can find that thread.
Old 12-27-10, 07:34 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait, you actually found IKEYA FORMULA arms on ebay!?!?!?!! awwww hell nawww!! youre one lucky basted because that is not an Ebay brand or a brand that even shows up on ebay for sc/soarer. How much did u pay for them? because Ikeya normally charges some serious gwaaap for their control arms.
Old 12-27-10, 07:35 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biggu
good luck with those arms, I happen to remember some one had it break on them while they were driving ill have to see if i can find that thread.
remomber those as well they were tcs sportline's but i think her installed them wrong but i rmemeber alex phiper saying he had to tighten his after every event he attended
Old 12-27-10, 07:36 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought that ended up being the nut coming loose and falling off...

Even so, I hear you regarding ebay suspension components. I would be a bit nervous myself.
Old 12-27-10, 07:40 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGS
wait, you actually found IKEYA FORMULA arms on ebay!?!?!?!! awwww hell nawww!! youre one lucky basted because that is not an Ebay brand or a brand that even shows up on ebay for sc/soarer. How much did u pay for them? because Ikeya normally charges some serious gwaaap for their control arms.
those ARENT IKEYA'S BUT these are

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3011
Old 12-27-10, 07:45 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^yeah i soon realized that when i did an ebay search myself and saw them. but Ikeya does make arms that look very very similar to the one's the OP posted. so at first i thought it was I keya.

oh well..
Old 12-27-10, 08:02 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toastt

and to go along with them I got some spacers

and yeah, that is my serpentine belt there just laying on the ground at the top of the picture due to the outer ring of my crank pulley falling off lol. More pics coming tomorrow when I'm finished.

hOLY ****ING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! You seriously needed to buy spacers that were a mile wide?? I know its the bolt on tight but I hope your wheel studs dont snap off. You better bolt them ****s on TIGHT!
Old 12-27-10, 08:27 AM
Toastt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by laurante
dude where did you buy those and how much? i searched ebay and nothing. do they make lowers?
I don't know what that last part means, but If you type SUPRA UPPER CONTROL ARMS in ebay, you'll find em.
Originally Posted by t70 supra
remomber those as well they were tcs sportline's but i think her installed them wrong but i rmemeber alex phiper saying he had to tighten his after every event he attended
Originally Posted by stockhatch
I thought that ended up being the nut coming loose and falling off...

Even so, I hear you regarding ebay suspension components. I would be a bit nervous myself.
Well, my car rarely ever sees a track and if it does, it's just the 1/4 mile and I rarely ever go there. So, hopefully these hold up and I'm pretty sure already installed one of them correctly.

Originally Posted by MIGS
Man, you got me really excited lol. I thought I accidentally stumbled upon something extremely spectacular
Old 12-27-10, 08:36 AM
Sc4Jr24
Driver

Your crazy for turnin wrenches in freezing weather. cant wait to see the setup
Old 12-27-10, 08:41 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not run spacers without the hubcentric locater, especially somthing that aggressive, but thats just me. I am in to see this stuff installed.
Old 12-27-10, 08:47 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

question: why not get new wheels instead of MASSIVE spacers?? i mean u can see the spacers behind the wheels when they are on :/...
Old 12-27-10, 08:50 AM
Toastt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I would not run spacers without the hubcentric locater, especially somthing that aggressive, but thats just me. I am in to see this stuff installed.
Like some of these? http://www.motorsport-tech.com/hub_rings.html
I'm not saying I have them, I'm kinda asking if these are the kind I should buy. And thanks
Originally Posted by vwynn
question: why not get new wheels instead of MASSIVE spacers?? i mean u can see the spacers behind the wheels when they are on :/...
Answer: New wheels are very expensive, not to mention the cost of tires. Also you can't really see the spacers unless you're like under the car

Quick Reply: Christmas presents going on (gettin' flush!)