SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Off to Germany

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-10, 09:16 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to Germany

Hey guys, I bought a 93 Sc300 5spd Thanks giving weekend and I have been pretty much just making it mechanicly sound so it will pass inspection in germany and go figure as soon as I doo get it good enough to drive around I have to put it on the boat...

Anywho they said no later than feb 15 it will get there I hope it shows sooner, but in the mean time I fly on the 6th of Jan and when I get there Im gonna start ording parts. Completion of this build completely depends on wether I get deployed this upand coming year but I would Like to Have it done by december 2011.

I look forward to sharing my Pics with you guys but as for now Im sadly awaiting shipoment Ahaha! They got my Dang Bike Too!

Bryan
Old 12-28-10, 09:25 AM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Thank you for your service. Stay safe and good luck with the move.
Old 12-28-10, 11:18 AM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I grew up in Northern Italy, which is very close to Austria/Germany. I used to watch the US forces in Italy and Germany on the highways, in admiration of them and what they stood for. I recently became a US citizen, and while I am probably too old to serve, I just wanted to let you know that you guys are more welcome there than you probably realize. Don't listen to the haters, there is still lots of love for America everywhere you go... this of course has nothing to do with your SC, so I'll make it slightly relevant and say"good luck with the rest of the build!"
Old 12-28-10, 05:15 PM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived over there for quite a while on contract. Expect alot of staring and little parts availability. Luxury Japanese car aree a rare breed over there. The Autobahn is everything it's hyped up to be in certain sections. You'll be going up against alot of Brabus and Ruf cars there, so make sure she's tunedd accordingly. You can easily get flashed to move over for doing 80...in the middle lane. You'll love it. Alot of German chicks have love handles for some reason. But they're sexy nonetheless!!!!!
Old 12-28-10, 06:48 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike552
I grew up in Northern Italy, which is very close to Austria/Germany. I used to watch the US forces in Italy and Germany on the highways, in admiration of them and what they stood for. I recently became a US citizen, and while I am probably too old to serve, I just wanted to let you know that you guys are more welcome there than you probably realize. Don't listen to the haters, there is still lots of love for America everywhere you go... this of course has nothing to do with your SC, so I'll make it slightly relevant and say"good luck with the rest of the build!"
Lol, I used to live in aviano!!!
Old 12-28-10, 06:54 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thHorsemn
Lol, I used to live in aviano!!!

Haha, nice, I lived in Padova... not too far away! There was this bar in Venezia called "The Crazy Bull" where the Italian girls would go and pick up US Servicemen because they were known to frequent the joint. U ever been there?
Old 12-28-10, 07:37 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

First things first. I want to say thanks to you for your service, as I am also. I am only in the National Guard, but we cant say thanks enough, especially during the holidays.

Keep us posted on the upcoming build, and please post alot of pictures on your progress. Be safe over there.

You need to visit Luxemburg National Cemetary, its just simply amazing. Thats where General Patton is buried. I flew into Italy to a Navy station, then I took a 2 hour hour bus ride to Spangdhalem AFB. I was there for three weeks and loved it. I also spent time at Ramstein and Rhinemine. I think thats how you spell it.
Old 01-03-11, 08:41 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks to all who support what we do. I hope everyone had a good set of holidays, Ive been sleeping on my buddys couch for the holidays but only 2 days and a wake up left before I can fly out.

As far as those Love handels Go I dont remember those the first time I was over there HAHA, I was stationed in Heidelberg from 2006 to 2010 February, Then they stuck me here at FT Polk LA, my wife decided that Living here wasnt for her she moved back To SC and I re-uped for Germany again because its got to be the best spot to serve in the ARMY.

3 more nights on this Couch a day in an airplane and then I can start ording parts Hopfully I can figure out how in the heck to post pictures into the thread I should have More money in parts waiting on this car than I Paid for the car its self... Im going with alot of differant Parts Than I see most of the SC owners use so Stay tuned and Ill due my Best to Give Installation instuctions and a good write up on any product I doo buy.

Also I will be Getting a paint Job, I got a Buddy in Leimen Germany right outside of Heidelberg for anybody else that might ever be stationed in germany this Guy is Magic man when it come to Mixin paint... Anywhoo The shop is called Auto Kosmetic. I met him in 2007 he Painted a buddy of mines car and he has done 3 for me sence, Im not to sure were Im gonna go with the SC but it should be beautiful when its done.

Thanks Again to all who support us in the Armed Forces, Happy New Year! and stay tuned my friends 2011 gonna be a good year for This SC300 1300 rwhp or BUST!!
Old 01-03-11, 09:00 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Default Shift Boot

This was a 80 dollar shift boot about an hour of making it fit and 1 wild Night drinking. Hope the Picture Loads HAHAH!
Attached Thumbnails Off to Germany-photo.jpg  
Old 01-03-11, 04:25 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bryan, good luck in Germany...I'm back at wonderful POLK...LOL. Keep in touch bro, pm me your email when you get a chance.

Steve
Old 01-20-11, 12:39 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Default Update

so my SC300 is still on the boat in the mean time i have been ording parts, getting them here is always a slow process I will take pics and give info on what im using when it gets here =D

How-ever!!!

I have just found a 1994 Toyota Soarer Black on Black here in germany J-SPEC and will be picking that up next week end if all goes acording to plan =D

So The new Plan is to Make This J-Spec 1994 Automatic into a US-Spec / right hand drive 5speed that When ever I do make my way back to the US I can bring with me, also having now two 2jz will allow for an experimental 2jz-ge Turbo build along side of the GTE anywho Start looking for pics soon guys This will be interesting...

Also The US SPEC car is a 1993 I will be using the tranny and pedal set up out of that I also plan on keeping the Motor other than that The car will be parted out Its Black with Tan interior All body pannels are straight the interior is decent, seats are trash but the motors in them all work..

IF you need a part, PM me or e-mail me at chowder280zx@yahoo.com and Ill see what I can doo.
Old 01-27-11, 08:49 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Default Parts are coming in

Coilovers jest got here today D2racing sport 36 way Racing sports. Im still waiting on the car to show up I just ordered a set of wheels 19x8.5 for fron ant 19x11 for rear so when those are done being made and make there way here Ill be sure to include pics of those too.
Attached Thumbnails Off to Germany-2011-01-27_17-10-24_177.jpg  
Old 01-27-11, 09:02 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What branch you in?
Old 01-27-11, 11:03 AM
chowder400
Rookie

Default Amry

Im in the army, Stationed in Ansbach germany Witch is Currently cover in snow!
Attached Thumbnails Off to Germany-2011-01-27_08-59-08_874.jpg  
Old 01-27-11, 05:20 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ich in Berlin!

Quick Reply: Off to Germany