SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New to SC400 hlep on wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-11, 09:43 PM
Str8sikk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SC400 hlep on wheel fitment

Hey guys. I am new to the sc400 club. picked up a 92. Um I just bought some wheel..18x9 +20 and 18x11.5 +0 (5 inch lip!! And was wondering if I need spacers for the rear? I am going to run coilvers ofcourse.

I have alot fo plans this year for the car. I will start a build thread for it soon. but ya. some help wuld b nice.. Ill post pics of it soon.
Attached Thumbnails New to SC400 hlep on wheel fitment-32010008.jpg  
Old 01-01-11, 09:54 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No spacers at all, you may want to look into body work before you even consider using these. That 11.5 et 0 is aggressive.

I run 11.5's in rear with roughly a 50 offset, meaning yours will stick 2 inches further out than where I'm at. You'll have to wait until people that have experience with stretching tires to chime in.
Old 01-02-11, 05:55 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, those are crazy offsets. I think you will need to pull the fenders or put on a wide body on the rear to get those to tuck. The rear will fit in the inside but they will stick about 1 3/4" past the stock fender.
Old 01-02-11, 08:10 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Str8sikk
Hey guys. I am new to the sc400 club. picked up a 92. Um I just bought some wheel..18x9 +20 and 18x11.5 +0 (5 inch lip!! And was wondering if I need spacers for the rear?
i'll throw you a bone..

rears will need fenders rolled completely flat, and probably a real good pull. Plus considerable negative camber. Wheel rims should not touch the shocks or brake calipers, so you should not need spacers. But If you do add spacers for some reason, you will def need either 1. super aggressive pull, or 2. wide body.

either way...

honestly you should have done your homework on this BEFORE you bought the wheels. seems like you don't know what you're doing because most people who but those rear widths and offset already know how to make them fit.

GL with your wheel fitment, and i really hope you don't fawk it up. those wheels would look sick with the right execution.

Last edited by MIGS; 01-02-11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-02-11, 06:40 PM
Str8sikk
Driver

Schema--thanks for the reply and CONSTRUCTIVE answer much appreciated. I have n0t found anyone running this offset of 0. and Im sure over fender and or fender pull will be in order

Scotturnott-- thanks for the response, much appreciated LIke I said was just asking becuase they are crazy.. lol..but will look mean.

MIGS-- As I am not a dog bro and wont fetch no bone, Im not knew to this at all I just havent fitting these on my car yet, but I can see yoru quick to try and put down, or belittle me quickly which is fine, dont bother me. I am well aware I might need to fender roll and or put wide fenders on, I will be running coil overs and negative camber for sure, I never said i didnt know what I was doing but each car is different and while I havent found anyone who runs this on their car, this is why I asked. And dont worry I wont fawk it up Im not a lil kid, as you seem to think with ur post, I have been fixing up cars for a while. Ill post pics when i mount them up.

Thanks for the info
Old 01-02-11, 08:00 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

those rims are slickk, would be akiller look on sc, judging from tasteful rims this sc is gonna be dope, dont listen 2 haters, they are just jealous, be one off and do something diff
Old 01-02-11, 08:39 PM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

MIGS-- As I am not a dog bro and wont fetch no bone, Im not knew to this at all I just havent fitting these on my car yet, but I can see yoru quick to try and put down, or belittle me quickly which is fine, dont bother me. I am well aware I might need to fender roll and or put wide fenders on, I will be running coil overs and negative camber for sure, I never said i didnt know what I was doing but each car is different and while I havent found anyone who runs this on their car, this is why I asked. And dont worry I wont fawk it up Im not a lil kid, as you seem to think with ur post, I have been fixing up cars for a while. Ill post pics when i mount them up.
I don't think what MIGS typed was to belittle you, his post was quite spot on gave you info and pointed out that a bit of searching would have answered your questions.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...300-sc400.html
http://stanceworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Old 01-02-11, 09:11 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea man. I mean you did ask if you would need spacers in the rear which would make it seem like you don't know what you are doing. Regardless, good luck.
Old 01-02-11, 09:39 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck if you do it right rims are def look wicked
Old 01-02-11, 09:40 PM
Str8sikk
Driver

Im aware of what i asked. and thank you for the post sw2uz, the first link i went threw already, I didnt know of the second one.. i will glance it over, i only asked becuase i am knew to this car, I dont have the wheels and the car together yet so i couldnt tell how or what I wanted to do, every car is diff. So in my quickness to know i asked if I might or might not...thats all. but i thank you for the answer
Old 01-02-11, 10:20 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

youll need a small one for the front, thinking like 15-20 ml
Old 01-02-11, 11:00 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the rear you are going to need about a 1 inch pull to clear the rear fenders. Possibly also running a 265-30-18 tire in the rear with a lot of negative camber to get them to sit nice... the fronts should be fine with shaving the fenders or rolling it completely and running a stretched tire. it all depends how low you wanna go.
Old 01-02-11, 11:54 PM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

Im aware of what i asked. and thank you for the post sw2uz, the first link i went threw already, I didnt know of the second one.. i will glance it over, i only asked becuase i am knew to this car, I dont have the wheels and the car together yet so i couldnt tell how or what I wanted to do, every car is diff. So in my quickness to know i asked if I might or might not...thats all. but i thank you for the answer
I know what you mean, deff look into that SW forum subsection I posted it will give you tons of info
Old 01-03-11, 07:02 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The front will be slightly sunk in while the rear will be poking out quite a bit. I would definitely get at least a 15-20mm spacer if you are running stretched tires up front. If you don't use the spacers, you can probably get away without doing any fender work but it will look really weird in my opinion.
Old 01-03-11, 07:40 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ i agree. i would use a 20mm spacer with the front wheels to make them more even with the rear. vertex/origin fenders up front and pull in the rear.

Quick Reply: New to SC400 hlep on wheel fitment