SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tons of Issues With My "New" SC300...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-11, 11:19 AM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OaklandLex
I have a related question. If a small part of the dashboard/speedometer doesnt light up it means one of the bulbs went out right?
I would assume so. Alot of my dash I cant see (eg fuel lines, temp lines). Read on lextech that there are several bulbs that just go out. I plan on getting mine replaced with a different color, but all at one time. So for now Ill live with it.
Old 01-06-11, 11:23 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL, before you start posting up silly threads as to why you can't turn your foglights on or why you can't find your foglight switch, remember, The particular year model of the SC300 that you have pictured wasn't equipped with any.

P.S Although, it looks as though you've already done the "Faux Foglight Mod".
Old 01-06-11, 11:25 AM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Me too I want to put white leds on it. I was gona check the fuses but since the rest of the dash lights up fine I'm assuming it's one of the bulbs
Old 01-06-11, 12:42 PM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Welcome to CL, before you start posting up silly threads as to why you can't turn your foglights on or why you can't find your foglight switch, remember, The particular year model of the SC300 that you have pictured wasn't equipped with any.

P.S Although, it looks as though you've already done the "Faux Foglight Mod".
Umm wtf are you talking about? Never said anything about foglights
Old 01-06-11, 12:44 PM
ScLostinPA
Driver School Candidate

x2 , and the Sc he had pictured had fogs , and they were on ? lol , maybe its like texting and he sent it to the wrong thread .... /shrug
Old 01-06-11, 01:14 PM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScLostinPA
x2 , and the Sc he had pictured had fogs , and they were on ? lol , maybe its like texting and he sent it to the wrong thread .... /shrug
hahaha I guess so.
Old 01-06-11, 03:21 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ScLostinPA
Look closely and you'll see that they're the "Faux foglight mod" and you can totally tell just by looking at his style of bumper (Which is a '92-'94 btw)....Say what you like, He doesn't have actual foglights.
Old 01-06-11, 03:26 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by colt
Umm wtf are you talking about? Never said anything about foglights
I know that, But there's a good chance that you're going start posting lame threads as to why you're unable to outfit your supposed "faux" foglights with HID's (should you ever decide to go that route)...based on the style of your front bumper alone and by the pics that you provided, Your car wasn't fitted with any since it's a '92-'94 year model...And the ones that we see on your car are clearly the DIY "faux" (fake) foglights mod...Do you get what I'm sayin' son?
Old 01-06-11, 03:44 PM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
I know that, But there's a good chance that you're going start posting lame threads as to why you're unable to outfit your supposed "faux" foglights with HID's (should you ever decide to go that route)...based on the style of your front bumper alone and by the pics that you provided, Your car wasn't fitted with any since it's a '92-'94 year model...And the ones that we see on your car are clearly the DIY "faux" (fake) foglights mod...Do you get what I'm sayin' son?
Umm again wtf does that have to do with anything? I didnt say anything about foglights Do you go into every thread on CL and tell each and every person about foglights? Are you a self appointed fog light expert or something. Not trying to be a ****, but why come in my thread telling me not to do something that I never even attempted. Thanks for superflously providing me that info on "faux foglights."

And im not your "son," PAL.
Old 01-08-11, 03:55 PM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Ok after troubleshooting today and messing with the fuses I give up. Cant drive a car in Cincinnati without heat, plus I found another sc Im gonna pick up. So anyone want my heatless car for 2,000 come and get it