Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that is a pretty sick car.
Old 01-11-11, 05:03 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Nice looking wheels and car! I'm really hoping that tire width becomes a trend again.
I hear you, I plan on putting 315's on 11" width ha ha.
Old 01-11-11, 06:39 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i want to see the back side of this car..like straight back..
Old 01-11-11, 07:17 PM
BLKDOUT430
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job once again Steve...
Old 01-11-11, 10:29 PM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

F.

.... That's perfect.
Old 01-12-11, 03:09 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup. Very nice fitment. Looks super nice.
And
I hear what your saying on the offsets but I still don't agree.

There is no sense in making the less affluent car owners suffer poor fitting wheels because a wheel company who has a good fit size/offset formula does not want to share info. If the only reason someone is going to buy your wheel over another competitors wheel is because they don't think they can get the same fitment with the other brand, then your brand is not strong enough to beat out the other brand on the merits of quality and style alone.

Just my .02 and HRE does the same thing. If they were smart they'd stop doing that. People just resent it. Comes off as snobby.
Old 01-12-11, 06:15 AM
lexusB3
Pole Position

looks amazing!
Old 01-12-11, 07:55 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He is right alot of wheel companies don't release those infos, nice car and nice wheels.

what color is that car anyway? i love that color.
Old 01-12-11, 08:33 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful SC!! Wheels look great! I also don't see any point in keeping offsets a secret. I always like to know the different sizes people fit on their SC. It shows off how far people are pushing it to the limit.
Old 01-12-11, 04:01 PM
MC3 Wheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lfrers
Yup. Very nice fitment. Looks super nice.
And
I hear what your saying on the offsets but I still don't agree.

There is no sense in making the less affluent car owners suffer poor fitting wheels because a wheel company who has a good fit size/offset formula does not want to share info. If the only reason someone is going to buy your wheel over another competitors wheel is because they don't think they can get the same fitment with the other brand, then your brand is not strong enough to beat out the other brand on the merits of quality and style alone.

Just my .02 and HRE does the same thing. If they were smart they'd stop doing that. People just resent it. Comes off as snobby.
I understand what your saying. It's just to protect our info from other companies because even though you seem innocent enough, there are alot of people who aren't and they are usually rival wheel companies , think of it like this, do you think nike gives out the psi they fill their air max shoes to in order to get the optimum performance out of them... Hell no, thats privaledged info that doesn't leave the company so Puma, Adidas and who ever else can't duplicate what they spent so much time developing.

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Beautiful SC!! Wheels look great! I also don't see any point in keeping offsets a secret. I always like to know the different sizes people fit on their SC. It shows off how far people are pushing it to the limit.
Thank you sir for the compliment
Old 01-12-11, 04:20 PM
Allshow
Driver School Candidate

There nice wheels that compliment the car.. Ive also read bad reviews about certain brands of compaines in your sig on the g35/350 sites. Is modular concept wheels also made by 360 forged or ???

Last edited by Allshow; 01-12-11 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 05:09 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

andy's the man hands down

steves car is a work of art .. we swapped that gte power plant into his ride in one day flat ..

mc3 wheels did my coupe as well a few years back, guess i should heed andy's request to upgrade huh

i dont even know the offsets exactly for my wheels either , but i will say it took about a hour or so for him to perfect the look and still clear my brakes

andy and steve once again great job
Old 01-12-11, 05:56 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MC3 Wheels
I understand what your saying. It's just to protect our info from other companies because even though you seem innocent enough, there are a lot of people who aren't and they are usually rival wheel companies , think of it like this, do you think Nike gives out the psi they fill their air max shoes to in order to get the optimum performance out of them... Hell no, that's privileged info that doesn't leave the company so Puma, Adidas and who ever else can't duplicate what they spent so much time developing. :
I'm sure you make a quality product.

I don't want to go back & forth and argue but I just want to be clear since I have never been able to get another wheel rep who takes this stance on offset secretiveness to answer the question.

Lets say its common knowledge that a 19" wheel with -15 offsets were a perfect fit on the SC300/400. So offsets are not a secret and are no longer a factor. And lets say your company and another company both make the same dimension/offset wheel. Aren't the quality of the wheel you sell and the style options you make enough to make your wheel superior over the competitors?

I just don't see wheel offset as such a big secret. It may be better for a rich guy who wont research the best fitment and just wants to call you and say get me some wheels that fit nice. But are they better wheels?

And If a rival company really wanted to copy your or any other companies product they could. Easy, just buy your product and figure it out. So really corporate espionage & keeping secrets with respect to companies that sell to the public are in most cases Hogwash.

Last edited by lfrers; 01-12-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 06:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lfrers
I'm sure you make a quality product.

I don't want to go back & forth and argue but I just want to be clear since I have never been able to get another wheel rep who takes this stance on offset secretiveness to answer the question.

Lets say its comon knowledge that a 19" wheel with -15 offsets were a perfect fit on the SC300/400. So offsets are not a secret and are no longer a factor. And lets say your company and another company both make the same dimention/offset wheel. arent the quality of the wheel you sell and the style options you make enough to make your wheel superior over the competitors?

I just don't see wheel offset as such a big secret. It may be better for a rich guy who wont research the best fitment and just wants to call you and say get me some wheels that fit nice. But are they better wheels?

And If a rival company really wanted to copy your or any other cpmpanies product they could. Easy, just buy your procuct and figure it out. So really corprate espionage & keeping secrets with respect to companies that sell to the public are in most cases bologna.
This is exactly what I wanted to say.
There are so many choices per application. Conservative, flush and aggressive....with many selections in each category. I don't see how keeping this secret gives one company any advantage over another.
All I can say is I won't buy any wheel where they don't divulge the specs.

Back on topic

One day when I get another SC, I want it to look similar to this one. I have the picture in my head already. Of course there will be differences cause I would never copy anyone.
Old 01-12-11, 09:45 PM
sckyle
Driver School Candidate

very nice size of wheels

Quick Reply: Modular Concept Wheels On a SC300