SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate Control or Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-11 | 07:51 AM
magneti
Pole Position

Default Climate Control or Radio?

Ok I bought a head unit from someone on here since the lights on my display didnt work.

However, being its a '98 I forgot I needed the green, not amber lights.

So I swapped it out and although Ive never had a problem with climate control, its seemed to start flaking on the temp side once i reinstalled it. Not sure why removing it for 15 mins caused a problem but apparently it did. But now the lighting color is mismatched.

my question(s) is would it be easier to just replace the CC with an amber lit one or easier/cheaper to change color on the head unit? to green.
Old 01-17-11 | 09:33 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Lextech can do both, check their website and see which is cheaper and the fastest turn around rate. I believe doing the climate control would be easier and cheaper.
Old 01-17-11 | 09:38 AM
SCick300
Driver School Candidate

Just get a better radio.
Old 01-17-11 | 10:47 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

...idk how hard it is to change the head unit..but i changed the amber lit ac control very easily by switching the bulb covers...the ones that came on the amber one where white..where the ones on the green ac control where blue..so i swapped them over and got green lit ac control...it may be that easy for the radio..something you can try if you feel confident enough to do so
Old 01-17-11 | 10:57 AM
magneti
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Lextech can do both, check their website and see which is cheaper and the fastest turn around rate. I believe doing the climate control would be easier and cheaper.
yeah thats what i thought as well. if i can keep it green without too much effort i think ill go that route.

Originally Posted by SCick300
Just get a better radio.
trying to keep it stock for now.

Originally Posted by imDementeD
...idk how hard it is to change the head unit..but i changed the amber lit ac control very easily by switching the bulb covers...the ones that came on the amber one where white..where the ones on the green ac control where blue..so i swapped them over and got green lit ac control...it may be that easy for the radio..something you can try if you feel confident enough to do so
i will look into this. i searched before posting and saw your writeup on the a/c. Not sure how hard it would be to do the radio. could be the best option.