SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wanna go HX35/40 single turbo on 1.5jz

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 05:17 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
I already told you what to do. Why are you asking again?

HX35 has a beefier shaft for the CHRA then the 40 series. So do the 35.

HX35 will go up to more horsepower then you can handle.

And what do you mean as far as gas...pump. That doesn't mean anything.

91 octane, 93 octane? 84 octane? That's what matters. The higher the number, the higher detonation resistance.

Eg. 93 octane @ 15lbs on a HX35. You can have up to 20-23 degrees timing before you detonate. 91 octane, only 15-18 degrees. Timing makes horsepower.

You can run 50lbs of boost on 91 octane, but your timing will only be 1-2 degrees. It's a pretty linear scale with boost vs. timing in regards to octane..

It's not the boost or timing that melts engines, its *Cylinder pressure. The combination of both.

You heard the term Cheap, Fast, Reliable, pick 2?

Compression, boost, timing. Pick two. But that's a whole other can of worms.

You will be fine with an HX35 bolted up, at 12 lbs or so. Everything can handle that horsepower level fine. (Inj, trans, ecu,etc)

Don't talk about it, be about it!
i was trying to learn about it, then be about it lol

im ready for this swap, i just need to find the turbo itself (isnt to easy) i have places here in miami,FL that im waiting for quotes on for the work already so im about to be about it lol

as far as gas i use 93 always
Old 01-18-11, 05:20 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

thanks for the comments i will have a thread with before and after pics up as soon as i get what i need for this

the "youngin" is very grateful CL lol
Old 01-19-11, 04:59 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No doubt man, good to see that you will succeed in your budget!

You lucky 93 octane having bastard!
Old 01-19-11, 06:02 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

I plan on boosting my HX35 to the mid to upper 20's. I only have 440 CC injectors so i think my end result should be about 450HP and 400TQ... should be fun and i will post a video as soon as its complete
Heres a pic of my setup

This is the bracing we mounted to the flEbay manifold. Drifting is probably gooiing to shake it a littel so i wanted to get the manifold Solid so i dont get stress cracks.

Here is mine and my buddys. He has a 2jzge with a Heor hy351 i cand remember
Old 01-19-11, 07:09 AM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by Triple C
I plan on boosting my HX35 to the mid to upper 20's. I only have 440 CC injectors so i think my end result should be about 450HP and 400TQ... should be fun and i will post a video as soon as its complete
Heres a pic of my setup

This is the bracing we mounted to the flEbay manifold. Drifting is probably gooiing to shake it a littel so i wanted to get the manifold Solid so i dont get stress cracks.

Triple C are you using a oil feed restrictor on the 1jz HX35? I've gotten mixed stories.. Some say you should and others say you are not suppose to. What's your verdict? Are you using a restrictor in the oil feed line and if so, what size?
Old 01-19-11, 10:54 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by antonio356
Triple C are you using a oil feed restrictor on the 1jz HX35? I've gotten mixed stories.. Some say you should and others say you are not suppose to. What's your verdict? Are you using a restrictor in the oil feed line and if so, what size?
No restrictor Planned at this time. I dont want to restrict the flow any. I want it to Flow as much as possible so it stays cooler. If the pressures are to high i might have to but i will face that demon soon
Old 01-19-11, 01:27 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
No doubt man, good to see that you will succeed in your budget!

You lucky 93 octane having bastard!
ayy.... i dont make the rules lol. tell me how i thought it was 93 everywhere till i got in this site lol. thanks for the help man

Heres a pic of my setup

so i am guessing you used a t3 flanged manifold from ebay?
must the intake mani be upgraded too?

i hope all goes on the build looks sick, im gathereing parts for mines but i cant seem to find a hx35 here in miami... you any sites where i can get that turbo...
Old 01-19-11, 02:16 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Search a ton of Craigslist's, but do not buy an ebay chinese HX35 copy.
Old 01-20-11, 05:55 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SOLEdier
ayy.... i dont make the rules lol. tell me how i thought it was 93 everywhere till i got in this site lol. thanks for the help man

i hope all goes on the build looks sick, im gathereing parts for mines but i cant seem to find a hx35 here in miami... you any sites where i can get that turbo...
Lots of Dodge deisels were sold in colorado so we have some etras. If oyu want i might be able to find you another. Hit me with a PM. IT will be a used Holset HX35 not some ebay Crud
Old 01-20-11, 06:11 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SOLEdier

No upgrade on the Manifold. That is actually a Mock up Motor we have and that is my Buddy olegs Manifold and Engine. He is building a 1.5 or 3JZ what ever you want to call it and that is his Intake, and head. Tha manifold and turbo our mine. Mine is going to be stock. the stock intake flows plenty to handle what i have in mind for this year. our drift team currently has 3 JZ motors an SR and a 5.0 stang so we have some toys. I also have a spare 1JZ that is currently in the SC300. i have my MK3 Supra's R154 and another 1J that i am swapping in with the HX35. Right now i am just rolling this motor till some Garage Space opens up. I still havnt stripped my Supra. its just looking all sad and crushed sitting in my garage. Progress is moving good but it just keeps snowing so i am reluctant to freeze my *** off and pull motors. plus failing emissions 3 times dosnt help so it is still unregistered here in colorado
Old 01-20-11, 07:34 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

Lots of Dodge deisels were sold in colorado so we have some etras. If oyu want i might be able to find you another. Hit me with a PM. IT will be a used Holset HX35 not some ebay Crud
pm was sent sir, hoping you can go through with this