SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Update, My SC (Sand Storm) got new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 12:26 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i woiuld say keep the stocks man... i have the same color car and i bought those same stock wheels in chrome because i can't decide on wheels yet... they look really clean. as far as the new ones... i dunno man just doesn't work with the sandstone color or something. but have fun and keep modding!
Old 01-21-11, 06:29 AM
SQ400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my friends as i said I respect everyones opinion, but at the end of the day I really like it and those photo just don't do it justice as they look a little dark to me. The stock rims are Ok, but in my opinion are just older looking. As much as I like all black, it is just way to subdued. I have always like any colored car with black rims that has color matching on them. Just me I just.

To each his on as I'm not a chrome fan at all and there is so much of it floating around. Natural/brush has been done so much also. I dare to be different and the difference.........I like and everyone who have seen it in person loves it, but all say the front needs to come down at least at .75" and the rear could come out about .3-.5", so I bought a .45" spacer for the rear, that will put it near even with the Fender. I also bought a .20" spacer for the front.

I do say it looks bit different in the photos then in person. The stock photo are better quality. It was starting to get dark when i took the new photos I will take some more once the taillights, side marks, and front turn signals assisting lights are smoked. Also the front lip has the Ni-Doc on it.

But as I said I will finish all the other aspects that brings it all together from inside to outside. I will keep modding and every one else please do the same as there are a ton of truly hot SC around here, some I like, some I don't, but I do admire all the hard work that went/goes/going into them.

Out and I do all my own work, everything from some small painting, performance mods, cosmetic mods and high-end sound systems. I owned a custom shop in Miami and built quit a few award winning rides, but had to get out of it do to differences with my partner, I want to work and he didn't.

Once more thanks for all the honest comments.
Old 01-21-11, 12:51 PM
maceugood
Pole Position

like em better than the stockers, lexus emblem a cool touch also. please post more pics after you put spacers on.
Old 01-21-11, 02:15 PM
scforlife
Driver

I really like the wheels and the creativity. But IMO it would look better with tint and painted calipers and rotors to black.
Old 01-21-11, 02:45 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

As much as I can't stand the guy, I'm with MIGS.

It's kind of...tacky looking. My opinion only, obviously.
Old 01-21-11, 02:51 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can appreciate the creativity but this attempt does not seem successful.
Old 01-21-11, 03:52 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

you dare to be different... so you're ordering spacers.........?
Old 01-21-11, 05:02 PM
SQ400
Rookie

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
you dare to be different... so you're ordering spacers.........?
Really don't understand this statement, what do adding spacer to bring the wheels out a little have to do with not and/or being different, hmmmmm

I just would like them to come out just a little so bought not ordering spacer. And it also have more to do with my planing to add the LS400 brakes to the front.

As always thanks for the comment and also it is not a felled attempt it is just what I thought and want it to be.
Old 01-21-11, 05:27 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

ill say nay on those

Last edited by t70 supra; 01-21-11 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-21-11, 06:04 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

They're definitely unique. I wouldn't do it to my car because I prefer subtle mods but if you’re making this a promo car for a speaker company you’re probably trying to turn heads. I think you’ll do it with those.

For a promo car, I like it. The centercaps are a nice touch.
Old 01-21-11, 06:59 PM
SQ400
Rookie

Originally Posted by Enigma8246
They're definitely unique. I wouldn't do it to my car because I prefer subtle mods but if you’re making this a promo car for a speaker company you’re probably trying to turn heads. I think you’ll do it with those.

For a promo car, I like it. The centercaps are a nice touch.
And we have a winner. Think a few people missed that point.

Also I have a series of drivers call the Enigma Series

It is the promo my speaker brand, so it needs to turn heads as you state, and once it is all done, the Rims will tie into the entire entire theme of the car. Rims did/look exactly what/how I hope they would and even in its current state it "Sand Storm" turns heads and people are asking and saying,

"Hi man that is hot, what kind of car is that"

I say " it is a 93 Lexus SC400"

they say " man a 93 Lexus, wow that really nice man, real nice".

So it is doing exact what I want/hoped it would do and it the past 2 days about 20 people (and no I didn't know any of them) have said something along those lines. The ones who knew what kind of car it was just said may that is a hot a** Lexus, never seen one done like that, all the ones I have seen have been kind of pimped out on really big rims or just plan.

Plus I really and truly like it.

Last edited by SQ400; 01-21-11 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-21-11, 07:35 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

imo, i think they would look a lot better with a bbk up front with gold calipers all around with some fresh rotors...and a drop
Old 01-21-11, 08:14 PM
SQ400
Rookie

Originally Posted by maynanator
imo, i think they would look a lot better with a bbk up front with gold calipers all around with some fresh rotors...and a drop
Yes sir you are correct. I my first thread I laid out all the plans for the car so It is all in the plans. Hope to have her lower by next weekend with the exhaust done with the black muffler and carbon fiber tips. Brakes and rotors in about 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 01-21-11, 08:32 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey another GA owner! going to make to any seloc meets this year?
Old 01-21-11, 08:38 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good, but the shape of the wheel makes it look like 16" or 17". LIke the color choice!!!

Quick Reply: Update, My SC (Sand Storm) got new shoes