SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Opal White to Royal Sapphire Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 11:49 AM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COOLIS
I just saw this thread for the first time. I read through the entire thing and have to say I give you props (I would never even attempt something like this), BUT in all honesty it looks awful. I hate to sound like an a$$, but its extremely splotchy. I could not live with this if it were my car, although I am extremely ****. You have also de-valued the car. If you were to sell it at some point, it would take more money than the car is worth to correct all the paintwork. I know im being negative, but guess im looking at it from a different point of view.
Lets see YOUR 10 POINT show car

Dont be a ****... if you dont like it dont comment... go ***** on your own parade...
Old 02-28-11, 11:57 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMparts
Lets see YOUR 10 POINT show car

Dont be a ****... if you dont like it dont comment... go ***** on your own parade...
Im sure many people agree 100% with what I said. If I were doing a project like this I would want all different types of opinions. I would not want my ego to be inflated because only people who approve are giving me feedback. Im looking at this from a business prospective. Not trying to hurt any feelings here.
Old 02-28-11, 12:06 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Im sure many people agree 100% with what I said. If I were doing a project like this I would want all different types of opinions. I would not want my ego to be inflated because only people who approve are giving me feedback. Im looking at this from a business prospective. Not trying to hurt any feelings here.
There might be people that agree, but keep your s h i t head comments to yourself... there are wayy too many people that are so quick to say a negative...if you dont like the way it looks move onto another thread. Unless you have a Magazine Cover car, really no one wants or needs to hear you *****.

I personally think its a decent job for a high school student in shop class, he never claimed that he was a professional painter, I dont even know the OP, but just tired of seeing people crap on other peoples car, because they're "****, and its not up to their standards" who flippin cares...

I can come and inspect your car and rip it to shreds... doesnt mean I can, should, or its even appropriate to.

point being dont be a A sshole.
Old 02-28-11, 12:36 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

There might be people that agree, but keep your s h i t head comments to yourself... there are wayy too many people that are so quick to say a negative...if you dont like the way it looks move onto another thread. Unless you have a Magazine Cover car, really no one wants or needs to hear you *****.

I personally think its a decent job for a high school student in shop class, he never claimed that he was a professional painter, I dont even know the OP, but just tired of seeing people crap on other peoples car, because they're "****, and its not up to their standards" who flippin cares...

I can come and inspect your car and rip it to shreds... doesnt mean I can, should, or its even appropriate to.

Am I not allowed to say what I think?!?! He kept asking for feedback and comments, so I gave him honest feedback. No need to sugar coat my response. Come inspect my cars and rip them to shreds... I don't give a flying **** what you think. Like I said before, if I were doing a project like this, I would want both good and bad feedback. By no means was I being an Ahole.
Old 02-28-11, 02:25 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^

This reminds me of a situation where someone shows you their baby and you're like almost forced to say, "ohh what a cute baby", when in my opinion, it's not cute at all Lol.

To the O.P., good job on tackling such a hard task of painting a car. Even though with your limited skills, I do feel that you could have done a lot better. I'm just the type of person that if I'm going to do something, even if it is my first try, especially when it comes to body work, then I better do it right the first time.

On that note, this probably won't be the last time you do body work, whether it be this car or not. You should have learned and will continue to learn what to do later that you didn't do now, and what not to do for future reference.

Last edited by outlaw0209; 02-28-11 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-28-11, 04:06 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What Coolis gave was called "Constructive Criticism". I'm sure the OP did not want just positive feedback, because that would be a lie. Many folks on this board apparently can't take negative feedback without throwing a tantrum and reverting to a defensive mechanism such as throwing out f'bombs and what not. I give the OP props for not resorting to that He can take feedback, both good and bad and learn from it.
Old 02-28-11, 04:43 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys its my first paintjob i take all opinions i do believe its not perfect and its not terribly bad i spent my own personal time wet sanding the orange peel and preping it i spent MY own time not someone elses for me in my eyes i liked it its still not perfect but just thinking of the hard work you put in a paintjob this took me a whole month to do i know im not a professional but im still learning from my mistakes. i cant make a project go perfect with just one go it takes alot of time and practice just to do such a thing. leave me feedback ill repsond thank you for your time.
Old 02-28-11, 04:45 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TuanLegend
thanks guys its my first paintjob i take all opinions i do believe its not perfect and its not terribly bad i spent my own personal time wet sanding the orange peel and preping it i spent MY own time not someone elses for me in my eyes i liked it its still not perfect but just thinking of the hard work you put in a paintjob this took me a whole month to do i know im not a professional but im still learning from my mistakes. i cant make a project go perfect with just one go it takes alot of time and practice just to do such a thing. leave me feedback ill repsond thank you for your time.
Old 02-28-11, 04:48 PM
VanillaSC
Driver

Do you have any more pics with your headlights installed after you did the new projectors?
Old 02-28-11, 05:04 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

also what is op? lol
Old 02-28-11, 05:06 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it could have turned out a lot nicer if pieces of the car were painted separately (front bumper, side, rear bumper, removal of grill and lights, etc) and if the car had been sprayed with a primer before paint.
Old 02-28-11, 05:07 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VanillaSC
Do you have any more pics with your headlights installed after you did the new projectors?
retros should be done this week
Old 02-28-11, 05:11 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TuanLegend
also what is op? lol
OP = Original Poster, ie you .
Old 02-28-11, 05:12 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap