SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Metal Radiator VS. Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-11, 06:24 AM
Mr1uz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
While we're clarifying things, we might as well point out that "metal vs. aluminum" is a nonsensical comparison; aluminum IS metal
Well when I was looking up radiators on several aftermarket sites I notice they would always have different labels for the radiators they carry. One would be "All Metal" & the other "All Aluminum". Even though their both metal theres a difference in the density of each one & overall durability. Just like they make different types of glass. Like your standard glass material on average vehicles & than the thicker bullet proof ones on high end vehicles.
Old 02-14-11, 06:44 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I am assuming when they say all metal, they are referring to the end tanks on the radiator to not being made out of plastic which have a tendancy to crack even worse. Usually just a crimped on brass end tank to the core. Its still a horrendous labeling and anyone who is in the engineering field cringed and shed some tears reading it lol.
Old 02-14-11, 05:51 PM
Mr1uz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Well I am assuming when they say all metal, they are referring to the end tanks on the radiator to not being made out of plastic which have a tendancy to crack even worse. Usually just a crimped on brass end tank to the core. Its still a horrendous labeling and anyone who is in the engineering field cringed and shed some tears reading it lol.
LOL I hear you on that. Thanks for that info. And I definitely agree! I just wish all this labeling on aftermarket products would be a little more detailed and simplified