SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JIC Magic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-02, 07:29 PM
praetorian180
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC Magic

Well I was looking at various exhausts that I probably won't get until christmas because of what i did to my car but I researched more about the JIC twin bullet and i found that JIC makes 5 or 6 different types of exhausts for our cars. In addition they make coilovers and strut bars. I never knew they made so much stuff for sc's. What I was wondering was that when they say JZZ30 do they mean the japanese soarer or does that apply to our cars too? If so then I might pick up a strut tower bar and the exhaust because they look really high quality. btw, they also make a body kit as well for our cars. Here's the link to their website:

JIC Magic USA

The bodykit isn't on that one but I think you can find it here:

JIC magic bodykit
Old 08-16-02, 08:08 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

The 1993 SC300 is the JZZ31. I believe this is the same for the 92-96 models. The 97-00 model year SC300 is the JZZ32 I believe. But I may be mistaken on that.
Old 08-16-02, 08:38 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

praetorian180,

JZZ30 is the codename (chassis number) for the Soarer 2.5GT (what I cart around in). SC300's (and Soarer 3.0GT's) in the USA are codenamed JZZ31, so I would say that the exhaust system would be specifically for the JZZ30 twin turbo, although you might be able to get it modified at an exhaust shop to fit behind the 2JZ's cat.

The suspension on the JZZ30 varied (either conventional springs or TEMS-equipped). They share the same strut tower design so they should be compatible with the SC300 strut towers.

That aerokit is hell tite, but I don't think it's a JIC kit... I didn't think JIC made kits?? On the ALSC site I got a link from there and it was a Vertex kit? Correct me if I'm wrong though!!
Old 08-16-02, 08:41 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Originally posted by awj
The 1993 SC300 is the JZZ31. I believe this is the same for the 92-96 models. The 97-00 model year SC300 is the JZZ32 I believe. But I may be mistaken on that.
AWJ,

I don't think that Toyota/Lexus ever released a JZZ32. The only Z32 that I know to my knowledge is the Toyota Soarer 4.0GT Active (UZZ32). All US-Spec SC300's (92~00) are all JZZ31's. The break up of the model codes are:
Lexus SC300 - JZZ31
Lexus SC400 - UZZ30 (31?)
Old 08-16-02, 09:31 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Thumbs up

Got ya
Old 08-16-02, 10:55 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey,

I'm pretty sure that is a JIC kit. I've also seen it somewhere. I know it looks like the Vertex T&E, but it's slightly different. Actually, there are a lot of kits that look like the Vertex kit. Even Wise Sports makes one that resembles that kit.

As far as the quality of JIC goes...I've heard good things about it. I know someone who has JIC coilovers on his GS and he has a friend who just picked up an SC300 and immediately slammed it with some JIC coilovers also. So, I don't think you can go wrong with JIC Magic. Their titanium exhausts look awesome with the discolored tips. Too bad they're so expensive!
Old 08-17-02, 08:11 AM
praetorian180
Driver

Thanks for the chassis breakdown Soarer. I think I'm going to send them an email and ask for more details because I really hope those exhausts and that strut bar fit the SC300 like it says on the website.
Old 08-17-02, 09:10 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

fyi: ALL JIC Magic products are JDM spec.
Old 08-17-02, 09:28 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

JIC Magic's products are absolutely all made for JDM vehicles (helps to own one j/p), but you should be able to get it to fit... I haven't seen the underside of a JZZ31 (SC300) but I'd be guessing it's about the same as a JZZ30 (Soarer 2.5GT) from the cat. back, and that's basically the whole exhaust system, so hopefully you won't need to modify any part of the original JIC exhaust. The coilovers should fit without any problems too. I'm not an expert on them but they (the JZZ30 and JZZ31) both share the same suspension (coil/spring) and I'd be guessing are the same rates etc etc. It's only on some twin turbo Soarers that the suspension is different (TEMS - Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension), where the strut is controlled by a switch (in combination with the ECT PWR mode). The strut bar, again, should be able to fit without too much hassles.
Old 08-17-02, 09:36 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation wow- a strut tower bar that fits the SC400!

I was under the impression from some previous postings that a front strut tower bar would only fit the SC300, and that the SC400 did not have enough clearance to allow one.

According to their web site, they sell 2 models for the SC400- the OAS ($140) and the OCS ($260). Since I live in Los Angeles, I emailed them to see if they sell directly to consumers at their Downey, CA location.

I might start another thread to get some more opinions, but I'll start with you guys (and gals): For street use, how much of a benefit is there to adding a front strut tower bar to a stock SC400?
Old 08-17-02, 10:20 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To clear up some confusion

chassis prefix UZZ32-UZZ31-UZZ30-JZZ31-JZZ30

Lexus (export) n/a - n/a - SC400-SC300-n/a

engine 1UZ-FE V8- 1UZ-FE V8-1UZ-FE V8-3.0 -1JZ GTE2.5 TT

Notes:

Only the UZZ30 (SC400) and JZZ31 (SC300) were exported to USA in LHD with analog dials instead of 3D digital dashes. A lot less problems with these dashes .Since these models are the least complicated they should give the best reliability.
The UZZ32 model (mine) is the FlagShip SOARER with Active Suspension and Active 4ws - heavy but handles and brakes best of the lot.. GPS navigation system for Japan. But it does have a TV, the Active Suspension hydraulic struts can be re-sealed, the handling is measurably better than any other SOARER (says so in Japanese manual), the turning circle is Volvo-like and the suspension test mode is a great party trick. Mine also came with the expensive, rare reversing camera - the colour resolution on the screen is startling.
The UZZ31 has the air cushion Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (TEMS). Soft ride, Electro Multi Vision (EMV or TV) screen was an option.
The JZZ30 is the screamer - these twin turbos really get up and go. No leather, no EMV or stuff like that - just a lightweight SOARER with coils and a great engine (1JZ-GTE). Ceramic turbos tend to break if you boost too much. Big power available with few mods.

This info was taken from Peter Scott's webpage at http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/
Old 08-17-02, 12:15 PM
praetorian180
Driver

Thumbs up

Thank you for all that information. I still have alot of time to decide and hopefully someone will have installed the exhaust or strut bar by the time i am ready to purchase mine.
Old 08-17-02, 03:08 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Default no problem

No prob man.... If you go to the site, theres a better looking breakdown and it had all the specs like fuel efficency and horsepower ratings. I just broke it down a little here.
Tim
Old 08-17-02, 03:09 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Default one more thing...

To get a good listing of available body kits and what they look like, go to this page....
http://www.gtautosports.com/scaero.htm
Old 08-18-02, 04:23 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Originally posted by howiedoit
Hey,

I'm pretty sure that is a JIC kit... I know it looks like the Vertex T&E, but it's slightly different. Actually, there are a lot of kits that look like the Vertex kit. Even Wise Sports makes one that resembles that kit...
I went to JIC-Magic's home website and I couldn't find any bodykits for the Soarer/SC. I went to Carmake T&E's home website and on one of the links I noticed a rim that is on this kit (from the picture I saw). Sure not a big point but most aftermarket companies usually only use their products in their photos.

Link to confusion... Vertex or JIC?
Attached Thumbnails JIC Magic-jzz30_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: JIC Magic