SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turn signals, high beams, radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11, 01:30 AM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turn signals, high beams, radio not working

My turn signals, high beams and factory radio are not working. I searched for a bit and most post seem to be incomplete as far as answers. I have double checked the hazard switch and looking for some advice before I dig in. I have checked the fuses with no luck, but does anyone have a map of the fuse layout and where is the flaser located? Thanks, any help is appreciated.. -Brett
Old 02-14-11, 09:53 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

BUMP, someones gotta know
Old 02-14-11, 10:41 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if I'm just being an *** here, but seriously . . . you've been here 8 years and list an 847rwhp car in your sig, and yet you can't locate a breakdown of the fuses and flashers in your car. I just don't know what to say.
Old 02-14-11, 11:00 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
Sorry if I'm just being an *** here, but seriously . . . you've been here 8 years and list an 847rwhp car in your sig, and yet you can't locate a breakdown of the fuses and flashers in your car. I just don't know what to say.
+1 i agree
Old 02-14-11, 11:04 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 435 Likes on 358 Posts

Is it possible that your fender wiring harness got chewed up? Mine is pretty cut up and I don't have turn signals, my third brake light, and my headlights won't shut off.

Does the turn signal indicator come up when ever you use your signals?
Old 02-14-11, 11:35 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by good2go
And this is the reason I have very little respect/post on CL It's not a stupid question, it's simple question. I know these cars (Sc/Supra) very well but no longer have wire diagrams for my vehicle. I asked nicely, if you know post up some diagrams, if not keep your ****ing mouth shut. Thanks..
Old 02-14-11, 11:39 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kira X
Is it possible that your fender wiring harness got chewed up? Mine is pretty cut up and I don't have turn signals, my third brake light, and my headlights won't shut off.

Does the turn signal indicator come up when ever you use your signals?
No car doesn't sit very low, if I remeber correctly the indicator doesn't light up when I use the signal..
Old 02-15-11, 12:15 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 435 Likes on 358 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by whiteSc3
And this is the reason I have very little respect/post on CL It's not a stupid question, it's simple question. I know these cars (Sc/Supra) very well but no longer have wire diagrams for my vehicle. I asked nicely, if you know post up some diagrams, if not keep your ****ing mouth shut. Thanks..
I agree with you on that.

No car doesn't sit very low, if I remeber correctly the indicator doesn't light up when I use the signal..
Hmmm... I don't have the indicator either. It's possible the flasher went out as well. Does your hazard signal button on the center console light up?
Old 02-15-11, 09:24 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I still call BS.

First, You claim to know these cars very well, then you should know the fuse legends are printed on or near the fuse covers as well as in the owners manual; no wiring diagrams needed. Second, you have little respect for CL, yet you'll come here to ask us to read the owners manual for you.

Here's some pics to help you along: (btw, the dipstick is in the upper right on the first pic, right where it says "ENGINE OIL")

Old 02-15-11, 09:45 AM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Call BS on what, that I don't have an owners manual for a 18 year old car Still dosn't help me with the flashers. I've had a USDM 2jz-gte swapped in my car since 2003, I've got no problem with CL, I came on here to try and save time not have someone talk ****. BTW thanks for the pics..
Old 02-15-11, 12:50 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

gotta be a fuse or the harness kira X was talking about.. My climate control and cluster were out of wack when I bought the car a few months back I checked ALL the fuses and sure enought number 10 or 11 was blown.. swaped it out now everything works well again! finally have a heater in the car and I'm scared to turn on the AC idk the last time they had the climate control working be4 i bought this car lol I think Ill just take it to get re-charged to be safe.. But yea all the fuse location and info is in the back of the owners manual but you already know that hopefully you get one for your ride soon!
Old 02-15-11, 04:53 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

check your fuses if any of them are blown? could be simple like that
Old 02-15-11, 10:46 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I'll screw with again this weekend when I have time..
Old 03-12-11, 12:29 AM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Ended up changing the interior fuse block tonight and it took care of all of my problems except the radio. Excited to drive at night again