SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC STOCK Colors >>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-01, 06:51 PM
JULIAN

Cool

What are the most desireable STOCK Colors for the SC's ??? I have seen reds, dark blues, pearl whites, greens, black.

The pearl white and dark blue with the GOLD Lexus trims look good, any one else see an good combos or colors ????

Old 03-28-01, 08:16 PM
Slick Lex Coupe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one love the color of my car. I think it's called Silver Spruce Metallic or something like that. It's that silver/gray/blue/teal/green color that's real hard to describe. If anyone knows what color I'm talking about let me know the name of it please. You can see the color on mindflux's website. His car is the same color.Mindflux Website

Last edited by Slick Lex Coupe; 03-28-01 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-29-01, 11:49 AM
GeneK25
Rookie

My color called Alpine blue with Black on inside. Pretty common color for 1995 SC.
Old 03-29-01, 07:06 PM
PlatinumSC

I guess beauty truley is in the eye of the beholder...though all of the coupe colors are nice.

I really like the color Slick Lex Coupe has...a very nice combo with silver or gold trim. I THINK it was called "Teal Mist Metallic " but I could be wrong.

I for one...have a very incommon color. I have the Platinum Metallic w/ black leather combination. It was introduced in '95 and is a silver with a slight blue hue. It is plastered all over the '95, '96,and '97 brochures. It looks purple in the brochures in some shots. I like it because it is not your fathers silver.....it is silver...with a Lexus twist!

Old 03-30-01, 07:12 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is the ugliest color - Cashmere... Kind of a blonde, gold, champagne color.

Any color you get, though, you'll still have that Lexus finish! They do the best and most durable paint I've ever seen....Agree?

Pics of car, mods, turbo, etc.

www.datapathusa.com/scott/scott.html
Old 03-30-01, 07:56 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Colors

Scott,
Your cars color is Sandstone Beige Metallic. IMO...its not an ugly color, your car looks Great! Lexus used that color to display their line-up when there were only 3 then 4 cars. When they first came out...I waited 6 months and 3 dealerships to get black....but ended up taking your color, and I'm glad I did. I am sure that if I did get black(with no clear coat) I'd be looking for a paint job by now. Just my opinion but I like your color....I also like the darker reds that came out in later years.

gadgetSC
Old 03-30-01, 08:05 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

It sure is durable... 10 model years old and the clear coat isn't even scratched.... How can this be?? World's most durable paint?
Anyone ever seen a spot of rust on a Lexus?

My personal favorites are the blueish, silvery purple that Jeff down in Miami has, followed by Mind's car, then the deep dark green...And of course, that deep red, sort of candy apple, only darker... looks sharp with the beige interior.

I'm not sure how the black ones look without clearcoat, but I saw some older 95 ish LS400s with black that still looked really good. They were Certified and on the Lexus lot, so perhaps the lot techs did some buffing to get rid of the swirls, cause they still looked very sharp. If they don't put the clear coat on, perhaps they can just buff out the top surface and reapply a heavy coat of wax to bring it back.
Old 03-30-01, 11:37 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile colors

Dont get me wrong on the black. Just saw a couple from the early years. Didnt see any rust...but lots of swirls and scratches. Alot depends on how the paint is cared for. I know its alot of work...but when its clean, black is hard to beat!

gadgetSC
Old 03-30-01, 06:02 PM
Lance
Rookie

The SC's classic shape lends itselfs well to all colors, INHO. PlatinumSC, I agree with you, I think that platinum is THE color. My sister has a platinum 97, it was the color that I originally wanted but I couldn't find one!

My girlfriend and I both have SCs in Pearl White, great color with nice "depth" but $$$$$ to fix should anything happen. The local Lexus dealer charges about $250 to respray the front bumper on all colors EXCEPT pearl--which is an ADDITIONAL $300. Jeez.

Lance
98 SC400, praying for no parking mishaps
Old 03-31-01, 06:22 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Cool from the paint guy

The finish is one of the things that impresses me the most about our cars! I have done paint R&D for years for Sherwin Williams and now marketing and I do agree that Lexus is about the best in the industry. The paint stays so rich and non faded for many reasons: They use better pigments, more of them and higher quality mica flakes along with obviously a quality binder (glue that holds it together) and UV & chemical resistant top coat. Possibly even an original fluropolymer blend. This stuff can last 15 even 20 years before starting to fade. Basically military grade stuff

To protect mine, I wax/polish every 2-3 weeks with a quality product such as Mothers. Annually I apply a top end wax blend I created which includes UV absorbers and various enhancers/protectors. Comparable products would be available in the $20 to $30 range at your car store and will state: includes UV protection, and look for fluropolymer somewhere in the ingredients.

The finish will last as long as you own your car if do this regularly. Remember to get underbody washes if you drive during the winter and early spring months!! Mine is a sunday driver so she only sees the sun. Should name her Ra.
Old 01-26-06, 12:01 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Paint

I am the third owner of this car and i am proud to say that its in a fair body condition. There are the few minor scratches here and there, but over all its pretty good. Its a pearl white with gold package, and a tan interior.

1992 SC400 = Sweetness
Old 01-26-06, 12:10 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Holy thread revival batman!
Old 01-26-06, 12:25 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

wow, you busted out a 5 year old thread...

Props to you for actually searching & reading though.
Old 01-26-06, 04:42 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Holy thread revival batman!
Funniest thing I've read all day hahah.

Mine's black... lots of swirls and has some etched areas in the roof (hopefully a buff will remove them).
Old 01-26-06, 08:28 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

thats the color of my car.. i didn't even know the name of it.

Quick Reply: SC STOCK Colors >>>>>