SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Rear end Damage on SC. Debating what I should do.Pics included.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 11:31 PM
SC4ALBERT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
insurance ripped you off if they only gave you $2700 for that much damage.

from experience, i can tell you that it will cost upwards of $6000 to repair that car properly. take your car to a body shop and have them fix it and file a supplement to the insurance company to cover the remainder. $2700 is not even close.
haha no worries. already filed the supplement while I was there. kinda wish I'd get a little extra pocket money though. Oh well, as long as she's back to the way she was, I'm good. BTW I like EVO's and I know about the maintenance. Just wanted to try something new XD
Old 02-25-11, 06:51 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

I have now totaled 2 SCs. I know how much work it is to fix them and yours can be fixed for a fair price. Do you have a friend who does body work and paint? The most important part would e getting the frame and inner structures back to OEM positions. After that the rest is cake.
Old 02-25-11, 11:01 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

from experience, i can tell you that it will cost upwards of $6000 to repair that car properly. take your car to a body shop and have them fix it and file a supplement to the insurance company to cover the remainder. $2700 is not even close.
well in my opinion that is not 6000$ worth of damage-----2700$ doesnt seem too far off the mark to me----i mean once they fix the frame damage which doesnt seem too severe the rest is a peice of cake as stated below

Originally Posted by soarinhigh
I have now totaled 2 SCs. I know how much work it is to fix them and yours can be fixed for a fair price. Do you have a friend who does body work and paint? The most important part would e getting the frame and inner structures back to OEM positions. After that the rest is cake.
Old 02-25-11, 11:13 AM
Dade305
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally say you sue for whiplash, collect at least 10 stacks in pip benefits, THEN not only repair ur sc, but throw another couple grand into it just to make her feel happy again lol. but on a humble route, whenever something goes wrong with my sc i replace it with something better than before, that way it turns a depressing memory into a good one.
Old 02-25-11, 12:32 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree file a supplement, especially since you have damage to the frame...even a good collison man takes a little time to make sure the frame is straight/strengthened. If this isn't done right the first time, the car won't ever drive the same. GL!
Old 02-25-11, 07:44 PM
SC4ALBERT
Driver

Originally Posted by soarinhigh
I do. he works and owns an Autobody shop. My plan so far is just to get the inner frame fixed and I'm already buying a bumper for $200 in my car's color. Basically just buying a bumper, tail lights, and trunk from forums possibly or anywhere else that's a deal and installing them myself so I get some pocket money
Old 02-25-11, 07:46 PM
SC4ALBERT
Driver

Originally Posted by Dade305
i personally say you sue for whiplash, collect at least 10 stacks in pip benefits, THEN not only repair ur sc, but throw another couple grand into it just to make her feel happy again lol. but on a humble route, whenever something goes wrong with my sc i replace it with something better than before, that way it turns a depressing memory into a good one.
here's what happened, the morning after the accident my neck was super stiff. but now it seems regular although I'll most likely get it checked out tonight or tomorrow. Will that really work? I'm really thinking about it now haha.
Old 02-25-11, 09:32 PM
droo
Rookie

^agreee'd yo
Old 02-26-11, 12:29 AM
Dade305
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by SC4ALBERT
here's what happened, the morning after the accident my neck was super stiff. but now it seems regular although I'll most likely get it checked out tonight or tomorrow. Will that really work? I'm really thinking about it now haha.
WTF?!?!?! umm PIP insurance is a minimum insurance requirement and it ensures up to 10k in bodily injury. its physically impossible to tell if you DONT have whiplash. you wont loose especially if u act quick but you shouldve called an ambulance regardless of the strength of impact, your health comes before anything.. yes even your car. but as far as the pain, THAT IS WHIPLASH! so congrats.. you have at least 10grand on top of the insurance payout, as long as you have power of attorney (hire any lawyer that doesnt drink on the job and ur home-free lol) now since ur 10 stacks richer u owe me an air freshener lol... seriously i want the little christmas tree freshener shipped to my door once u collect ur 10 stacks.
Old 02-26-11, 03:30 AM
SC4ALBERT
Driver

WTF?!?!?! umm PIP insurance is a minimum insurance requirement and it ensures up to 10k in bodily injury. its physically impossible to tell if you DONT have whiplash. you wont loose especially if u act quick but you shouldve called an ambulance regardless of the strength of impact, your health comes before anything.. yes even your car. but as far as the pain, THAT IS WHIPLASH! so congrats.. you have at least 10grand on top of the insurance payout, as long as you have power of attorney (hire any lawyer that doesnt drink on the job and ur home-free lol) now since ur 10 stacks richer u owe me an air freshener lol... seriously i want the little christmas tree freshener shipped to my door once u collect ur 10 stacks.
hahaha, if that actually works, you'll get at least a year's supply of them
Old 02-26-11, 09:43 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

i highly doubt insurance companies give a total of ten grand to everyone whop complains abotu whiplash,,, aside from that it can take years to go through ther court processes if you dont take their first low ball offer----if they dont want to pay believe me they will find a way not too----my guess is u dont get any extra money -----if you do it wont be anywhere near ten grand
Old 02-26-11, 10:09 AM
Dade305
Rookie

hahaha, if that actually works, you'll get at least a year's supply of them
lol how about we settle for some fruit gushers and an LED tag light?

oh and btw its almost guaranteed to work if you immediately go from the scene of the accident to the hospital in an ambulance. dont feel guilty about it cause you DO suffer from whiplash and until u get checked out you still wont know the extent of ur injuries. Believe it or not insurance companies would rather pay/settle for the 10k as opposed to the 50+ you could be suing for. i have seen this ordeal take place 4 times and 4/4 times those "individuals" received AT LEAST a 10k settlement. one of them received a settlement and a years worth of daily massages at a private spa. truth is, a majority of people pay way more to the insurance company in their lifetime than the insurance will ever spend on them. and just to back you up, frame damage proves how hard u were hit.

Last edited by Dade305; 02-26-11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-27-11, 10:07 AM
SC4ALBERT
Driver

lol how about we settle for some fruit gushers and an LED tag light?

oh and btw its almost guaranteed to work if you immediately go from the scene of the accident to the hospital in an ambulance. dont feel guilty about it cause you DO suffer from whiplash and until u get checked out you still wont know the extent of ur injuries. Believe it or not insurance companies would rather pay/settle for the 10k as opposed to the 50+ you could be suing for. i have seen this ordeal take place 4 times and 4/4 times those "individuals" received AT LEAST a 10k settlement. one of them received a settlement and a years worth of daily massages at a private spa. truth is, a majority of people pay way more to the insurance company in their lifetime than the insurance will ever spend on them. and just to back you up, frame damage proves how hard u were hit.
haha there's a good chance you'll get more than that. Last question. The accident happened last friday, I haven't been check by a doctor, my neck is still kind of hurting so if I call a lawyer now there's a good chance that this will still work?
Old 02-27-11, 12:02 PM
ewiley123
Driver School Candidate

Not too bad....i'd fix it and rolllll it!!!!
Old 02-27-11, 12:52 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

haha there's a good chance you'll get more than that. Last question. The accident happened last friday, I haven't been check by a doctor, my neck is still kind of hurting so if I call a lawyer now there's a good chance that this will still work?
Just go to the doc and see what he says and then tell the other insurance company. Let them make an offer and see if you like it, don't involve a lawyer yet. Anything the lawyer gets you he will take half so if you like the offer just take it and save the middle man.

Quick Reply: Rear end Damage on SC. Debating what I should do.Pics included.