SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LexusFTW's Quest for More Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 03:58 PM
sc4doubleO
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup when you said you drilled the the tank did you also removed the metal fuel lines inside the tank? How are you controlling fuel pressure stock fpr? Thanks
Old 05-10-11, 06:33 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

very sick set up you got there, i dont know about the pump youre running never had experience with it. I dont suggest running aeromotive pumps without pump controllers though, they tend to overheat quick. I ran a1000 and then got the Eliminator, running with msd boost a pump.
Old 05-10-11, 11:30 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you using to pick up the fuel inside the tank? I've had the same pump for awhile now and was planning on sumping the rear of the tank so that I don't have to worry about fuel slosh..
Old 05-11-11, 06:20 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sc4doubleO
Nice setup when you said you drilled the the tank did you also removed the metal fuel lines inside the tank? How are you controlling fuel pressure stock fpr? Thanks
Yes, I removed the metal lines inside the tank. I'm running a Fuel Lab fuel pressure regulator.

Originally Posted by MDSC
very sick set up you got there, i dont know about the pump youre running never had experience with it. I dont suggest running aeromotive pumps without pump controllers though, they tend to overheat quick. I ran a1000 and then got the Eliminator, running with msd boost a pump.
A pump controller would be a good idea but it's not required. There are hundreds of cars on the street running Aeromotive pumps without controllers.

Originally Posted by whiteSc3
What are you using to pick up the fuel inside the tank? I've had the same pump for awhile now and was planning on sumping the rear of the tank so that I don't have to worry about fuel slosh..
There's not a pick up inside the tank. It's basically a sump. I was going to go the same route as you're thinking but decided against it because I don't think there's a need. The SC tank is more vertical than horizontal and I plan to keep more than 1/2 a tank of fuel in it at all times. Supra owners that sump the stock Supra tank do the same thing but the way the SC tank is designed, this shouldn't be a problem.