SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

how do i hook up the wing brake light

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-02, 07:44 PM
jersey1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i hook up the wing brake light

where do i hook up the two wires from the wing brake light, I had the whole car painted and they left the wire disconnected. if you have pics that would help alot thank CL memmbers
Old 08-23-02, 03:12 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Cool Very Easy

There are three wires run into each bulb of your brake lights. There are two positive wires and one negative. One of the positive wire use for regular light and the other for the brake light. On your spoiler, connect the negative wire anywhere inside the car's body. Now you only have the positive to worry about. Connect the positive wire to one of the wire in the brake light. Step on the brake to see if it come on. If not try the other one. It's very easy.

P.S. if you connected your negative wire correctly, you don't have to worry about burning your fuse because there is no way it going to happen unless you connect your negative wire of the spoiler to the positive wire.

Good Luck
Old 08-23-02, 01:46 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i connected mine to the third brake light, right above the sub. you have to remove your rear seats to access these wires. but my spoiler light still doesn't work maybe i have the wires backwards or my led doesn't work? i dunno...
Old 08-23-02, 03:46 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Hey you guys have a light by ur sub? I've seen a couple pictures with a LED spoiler light and a light by the sub. I dont have that light by the sub. Is there any reason for this? I have a 95 SC400 did they not put a light by the sub that year. I dont think that would make sense since its the law to have a collision avoidance light and if you dont have a spoiler u wouldnt have any 3rd CAL anywhere. Hmm something to think about. Does anyone else have an SC with no light by the sub or did they only include it if ur SC didnt come with a spoiler?
Old 08-23-02, 08:01 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Dont know about the US spec SC but the J spec Soarer has either a spoiler mounted stop lamp (LED's) or a lamp mounted low inside the rear screen, if you got the rear wash/wipe option you had to have the rear spoiler as well as the wiper arm is located where the internal stop lamp is.

Wiper & Spoiler stop lamp:
Old 08-23-02, 08:11 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

..........oh

thax but lol I'm still a lil not totally sure about the CAL inside the car. Thank you tho thats very interesting. I always thought all soarers had rear wipers but I guess not. hmm good to know.
Old 08-23-02, 08:16 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

my car did not come with a spoiler.
Old 08-23-02, 08:28 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a third brake light and no spoiler
Old 08-23-02, 08:33 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Here is a round-****, no spoiler or wash/wipe;
Old 08-23-02, 08:39 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

This one originally did not have the rear spoiler, so now has two high intensity stop lamps:
Old 08-23-02, 08:49 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Hey does anyone know if you can put one of those inside lights if you dont have one. I really like really bright lights and a lot of them too. So my question really should be could you put one of those lights inside if you dont already have one? It might be overkill but I doubt I'll have the time or money to do it but I'm a lil curious
Old 08-23-02, 09:06 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Dont see why not, just get hold of a sub cover with the lamp attached and wire it in to the stop lamps (use a relay).
Old 02-20-03, 09:34 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Can someone tell me if there is a clean way to remove the brake light above the sub and not trigger the brake warning light?
Old 02-20-03, 09:53 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

siniquezu,

I think if you remove the brake light, hang them down into the trunk, and then order the sub cover with no brake light, you are set. You could remove them lamps and short the wires with the proper resistors. They are posted here somewhere. I am trying not to say that S work.... check my title

MW
Old 02-21-03, 07:44 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

i had the same problem with my brake light....i took all of the carpet out of the trunk trying to fix one brake light...

Quick Reply: how do i hook up the wing brake light