SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Radio Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11 | 09:48 PM
CoryJNason
Driver School Candidate

Default Radio Harness

I bought the radio harness from Best Buy. The only problem is I cant get all the speakers and sub to work at the same time. I have three sets of inputs on my radio, and I have four RCAs. I can either get the front speakers and sub, front speakers and rear speakers, or rear and sub... Any help would be AWESOME! Also, is there any way to make the volume **** to work with it?
Oh, and I did SEARCH, nothing I found really said anything about my problem, or the ****.
Old 03-05-11 | 06:33 AM
cheez
Pole Position

im in the process of doing mine too. i have three harnesses, one i got from amazon which had the rca, and the other two came in a package from advanced auto parts. both harnesses r made by metra. its kinda weird that u have 3 rca inputs cuz i have four. wut head unit r u putting in? and for the sub, thats a whole other story, its not gonna work unless u splice the wires and make it another rca. the part im stuck on is grounding the whole thing, i keep getting a weird noise out of the speaker and when i turn on the car it gets worse, so let me know where u ground urs. and as for the volume ****, im not saying its not possible but ive never seen anyone do that
Old 03-05-11 | 07:47 AM
CoryJNason
Driver School Candidate

The harness hass four rcas. The radio has three sets of them so six total not just three. It's a pioneer deck. I have it grounded to the regular ground wire. Are you talking about that buzzing/humming noice? I have that too. I also had that in my 93 gs300 when I changed the head unit. This is such a pain!
Old 03-05-11 | 08:23 AM
cheez
Pole Position

yeah i have a pioneer deck and ive tried alomost everything i can think of to a point where ill pay someone to do it
Old 03-05-11 | 09:13 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Im not sure if the sub is hooked up on the write-up Raine did a while back. Give it a shot. I used the Metro harness but had to get rid of it cause it was giving me mad ground noise, so I wired it up per Raines How-to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...rom-raine.html
Old 03-05-11 | 03:03 PM
kyddo112
Pit Crew

def. follow raine's DIY and just bypass the factory amp. it's not as hard as it seems and the hardest part is taking the rear seats out and running the wires. It beats all the aftermarket harnesses.
Old 03-05-11 | 04:07 PM
cheez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Im not sure if the sub is hooked up on the write-up Raine did a while back. Give it a shot. I used the Metro harness but had to get rid of it cause it was giving me mad ground noise, so I wired it up per Raines How-to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...rom-raine.html
Yeah I got metra harnesses and the ground noise is the worst. I can't get ride of it
Old 03-05-11 | 04:52 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Have you tryed any noise filters/ground loop isolators?
Old 03-05-11 | 09:28 PM
hovsc400
Pole Position

the metra kit i used didnt give me any issues, it only had the harness to get power to the radio and 2 sets of rca's on it that were completely useless as i had to run wires from the speakers back to the head unit to bypass the factory amp and it works like a charm with no feedback noise, post some pics of ur harness may help with tips u get