SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Interior!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 03:35 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Interior!

Finally Got almost everything done with my interior. I got a cover set from ebay. I am waiting on new center console cover and door handles. It came out pretty good too. I paid 230 for the kit and 400 for the guy to install. There are few wrinkles but its mainly from sitting on it. I need to get some Lexol to soften it up a bit.

Here are a few quick pictures I just took.

Old 03-09-11, 03:40 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess its better than ripped seats... but the color doesnt match at all =(. And I think you could of did it yourself to save money.

I think for 600 bucks you could of got black seats and rear seats from someone parting their car.

Still its better than ripped seats =), but I would of held my money for something more.
Old 03-09-11, 03:42 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
I guess its better than ripped seats... but the color doesnt match at all =(. And I think you could of did it yourself to save money.

I think for 600 bucks you could of got black seats and rear seats from someone parting their car.

Still its better than ripped seats =), but I would of held my money for something more.
+1 I Agree
Old 03-09-11, 03:44 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Yah I was so pissed about the color and couldn't really do much. Just my luck, but hopefully the matching will get a lil closer once the console and arm rest come in. I dont think I would of done a better job, upholstery not much my thing. I wish I could of spent less but everyone in My area is soo much money!!! This was the cheapest guy everyone else was like 750!!!!WTF
Old 03-09-11, 03:54 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Who was the ebay seller? I am having my car rehupolstered right now for $325, thats adding foam where needed and having the door armrests and center consol lid done in black sued with red double stitching. Back and front seat leather installed too...oh and visors and headliner done in the black sued with red stitching where applicable too.
Old 03-09-11, 04:07 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
Who was the ebay seller? I am having my car rehupolstered right now for $325, thats adding foam where needed and having the door armrests and center consol lid done in black sued with red double stitching. Back and front seat leather installed too...oh and visors and headliner done in the black sued with red stitching where applicable too.
leather-seats is the ebay seller. Absolutely no customer service and paypal and buyer protection did do anything for me!

325 is a really good price!!!! Are they redoing everything, using a kit or from scratch. I really wish I didnt live in such an inflated area for any car work
Old 03-09-11, 04:09 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am paying 600$ to have the brown trim done in Black SEM, New Leather in the front, Inserts redone in the rear, and the center console and armrests redone. He is providing all the materials.

It's difficult to compare prices when it comes to upholstery.
Old 03-09-11, 04:14 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Holy crap thats cheap!
Old 03-09-11, 04:15 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Yeah i bought the leather seats from lc-0801. like $250 also in black leather with perforated centers and red double stitching. My guy installing them said he would fix them if needed so it would come out nice. San diego has great deals for alot of stuff being so close to mexico...
Old 03-09-11, 04:26 PM
Allaretake
Driver

Vinyl interiors needs to make a comeback.

My interior restoration was like 500 dollars, and even then it wasn't perfect. Get Lexol and apply it once a week to help prevent the leather from falling apart.

Despite the color, your seats look really nice.
Old 03-09-11, 04:48 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah i bought the leather seats from lc-0801. like $250 also in black leather with perforated centers and red double stitching. My guy installing them said he would fix them if needed so it would come out nice. San diego has great deals for alot of stuff being so close to mexico...

From their ebay site

"We guarantee all our products made by high quality Synthetic Leather."

Cant really compare a vinyl product to a 100% leather product. Thats why its so cheap haha! I would have real leather a lil bit off in color than a perfect Leatherette vinyl seat any day . vinyl makes it feel like a Hyundai
Old 03-09-11, 06:03 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

i woulda mailed it back....my vinyl iggee seat covers match better than that n they only ran me about 200 - 250 now im worried cause i ordered a center armrest and side arm rest from leatherseats also...fml... is that the color swatch L2?? i think u picked L1...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Last edited by scviolence; 03-09-11 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-09-11, 06:13 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

I tried sending them back but they guy has all fake phone numbers and doesnt respond to anything. Sucks, but Im gonna make it work.

I cant stand the feeling of vinyl. Plus the car original came leather and I wanna keep it close to OEM as I can
Old 03-09-11, 06:26 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NEbiker10
From their ebay site

"We guarantee all our products made by high quality Synthetic Leather."

Cant really compare a vinyl product to a 100% leather product. Thats why its so cheap haha! I would have real leather a lil bit off in color than a perfect Leatherette vinyl seat any day . vinyl makes it feel like a Hyundai
LOL...yeah it doesnt feel like vinyl. the centers are leather...i got mine cheaper because 2 other friends needed some for their cars so we did a "group buy" and he knocked some off the top. Most of the interior in the lexus are actually vinyl believe it or not. Plus i dont have to condition it...i have another set it sued...
Old 03-09-11, 06:45 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NEbiker10
I tried sending them back but they guy has all fake phone numbers and doesnt respond to anything. Sucks, but Im gonna make it work.

I cant stand the feeling of vinyl. Plus the car original came leather and I wanna keep it close to OEM as I can
idk how long ago you bought them or i you got them off ebay but, if you open up a claim with ebay they will take care of you. ive had to do this twice in the last month due to bad sellers. just trying to help you out bro and did u remember if you picked L1 OR L2??

Quick Reply: New Interior!