SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I sure wish someone would distribute their parts here in North America.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11 | 01:21 AM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

huh... seemed to have completely missed your reply, so sorry about that. It's a little late, but I'll address your q's anyway.
Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Btw, Matt, Can you please post a link my way? I'd like to see it for myself...Yeah, The adjustable rear LCA's might be a tad bit expensive...But why would he take such a drastic and un-practical measure by going as far as cutting,shortening and re-welding the stock arms that can only give positive camber if anything? I'm not saying this just because I shelled out the big bucks for 'em, But adjustable rear LCA's just sound way more practical,easier and convenient than the method he does.
I don't really feel like searching, but you could probably find it if you went through his posts.
And I don't really want to get into detail because it'll get too long and drawn out, so I'll just get straight to the point. The process of cutting and welding suspension components (whether it be the chassis, subframe, knuckles, arms) have been around ever since the concept of tuning suspension has been around. PBM in sd also does the same thing, and hell, a lot of their products for other cars consist of moving suspension points around on the knuckles to move the car's roll center. So Alex isn't exactly the only psycho out there cutting people's suspension up. There're more prominent dangers to the world's auto enthusiasts like ebay and megan.

In terms of practicality (i hope I'm comprehending the context of this word correctly) and convenience, all I had to do was drive to battle version, tell him what I wanted, and a few hours later, I was driving home like an idiot b/c I was so excited to finally drive the car with its brand new setup. I still drive the car around and have had 0 problems.

(p.s.: don't tell anyone, but I have a sneaking suspicion that aftermarket lca's are also steel parts that're welded together)