SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc 300 Project " in progress "

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11 | 01:08 PM
Adaa60
Rookie

Default Sc 300 Project " in progress "

So Jan 11'th i bought this sc 300 in super bad shape w/ salvaged title as a project. i have stopped doing drugs and drinking so i needed something to spend that time on and everyone suggested me getting a project car. So i got this. i know a lot of you prolly think it is a piece of **** and truthfully it is but the end goal of the car is to have something i can drift with at the track, crash and be able to walk away from. so how it looks is not on my list of highest priority stuff. anyways this is what i had to work with:

So i had it for 1 week and one morning i walked out to our jeep to see this bull**** here:

So if anyone knows where i can score another rear taillight for cheap please pm me

i did make some fix's so far on it, i added a nice set of HID lights they work so well too!

we have thrown on a set of 17's with 245/45/zr17 all the way around

a 75hp Shot of Nitrous

Still trying to figure out the fuel part tho
Also we used a wide open throttle switch for it, works great!

i do drive the car sometimes on the weekend, so we added some stupid stickers and our biz decals on back window. i also added a rear bumper

But yesterday we noticed a exhaust leak under the hood, so i removed the heat sheild to find this crap

So that's everything up to date, I don't make much over our monthly living expenses so trying to fix it is slow going but any advice is helpful, i know you guys know a lot more about it than i do. im currently looking for headers to fix the crap on the manifold and a rear tail light, also need new gauge cluster the speedo and tach needles are bad. also looking for a passenger door and seat the seat only has power to lean it wont move. anyways i figured i would show you guys whats been gong on so far with it. if any of you have good ideas please let me know. thanks and i hope your cars are running well.
Old 03-23-11 | 01:15 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Cool man, glad to see you kicked the drug/alcohol habit.

SPRAYING FTW!!!!
Old 03-23-11 | 01:43 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

the sc looks like your new drug how is it spraying nos on an NA 2jz?
Old 03-23-11 | 01:50 PM
Adaa60
Rookie

the nos is like drugs
with the way its set, im using the ECT switch as the nitrous on and off, that combined with the throttle switch its easy to drive all day long with the nitrous active, but when you floor it, you can def tell that something is going down. but its VERY easy to break it lose when i spray witch is good and i can overtake my friends Jeep srt8 on the on ramp to the highway and i can pull on him @ 65mph rolling start now
Old 03-23-11 | 03:12 PM
SC YAA
Pole Position

Dude i need info from you on you nitrous kit! Im thinking of doing the same to sc as well just as a temp untile i can afford a turbo. So you say you have a 75 shot on there? thats the same thing i was looking todo after all its a stock motor. What did you do for fuel are you on the stock stuff or did you have to upgrade? I know im going to run a wot switch how hard was it to make thatr work on an sc? sorry if im asking alot of questions it just that iv been thinking of doing this for a wile now and i have not found any info of any cars using nitrous on this forum. thx
Old 03-23-11 | 03:32 PM
Adaa60
Rookie

right now im actually not modding the fuel at all! but there is a kit threw nos you can get for the fog + fuel that will splice in to your fuel line and boost the psi there only when you spray. i will look for it and let you know here in a few when i finish this iphone im working on
Old 03-23-11 | 04:27 PM
Adaa60
Rookie

this should answer your fuel question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4XVIKrWEM
Old 03-23-11 | 11:28 PM
Adaa60
Rookie

[QUOTE=sc300guy89;6249322]Dude i need info from you on you nitrous kit! Im thinking of doing the same to sc as well just as a temp untile i can afford a turbo. So you say you have a 75 shot on there? thats the same thing i was looking todo after all its a stock motor. What did you do for fuel are you on the stock stuff or did you have to upgrade? I know im going to run a wot switch how hard was it to make thatr work on an sc? sorry if im asking alot of questions it just that iv been thinking of doing this for a wile now and i have not found any info of any cars using nitrous on this forum. thx[/QUOTE/]

The switch was easy, I just bought the reg nos microswitch, bent the bracket to a 90 and drilled 2 pilot holes in the cruise and trans cable bracket, bolted it on there and bam. If you need better photos I can hook those up for ya
Old 03-23-11 | 11:55 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Some photos would be awesome man! This NOS thing sounds like pretty good power for not to much. You say you can pull on an SRT8 jeep? thats really good for NOS. Honestly there isnt too much info on NOS and 2JZ's that I could find.
Old 03-24-11 | 12:03 AM
Adaa60
Rookie

Originally Posted by ashtray
Some photos would be awesome man! This NOS thing sounds like pretty good power for not to much. You say you can pull on an SRT8 jeep? thats really good for NOS. Honestly there isnt too much info on NOS and 2JZ's that I could find.
Sure thing man, its dark out right now but tomorrow i will post some more pic's on how we installed it, i will also try to go fill the bottle, have the girlfriend record some pulls and can show you some video on how it runs with it. im currently running it the lean way by not changing the fuel pressure. Also i do not have a bottle warmer either

Still tho hold out for more pic's
Old 03-24-11 | 12:04 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Glad you stop the drugs and drinking! The car will probably consume more money but you will be haPpy at the end of it
Old 03-24-11 | 12:08 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Adaa60
Sure thing man, its dark out right now but tomorrow i will post some more pic's on how we installed it, i will also try to go fill the bottle, have the girlfriend record some pulls and can show you some video on how it runs with it. im currently running it the lean way by not changing the fuel pressure. Also i do not have a bottle warmer either

Still tho hold out for more pic's
Dude sounds great if you can provide all that for us all. I've got no clue about anything on NOS, I'm about to start reading though. Also, on a side note, awesome you stopped the drugs and alcohol.
Old 03-24-11 | 12:12 AM
Adaa60
Rookie

Intake Weld

i don't think you can tell from here but like i said i will show you better tomorrow, we used a dremel tool to cut in to the abs bracket for a slit, and then drilled a hold and fit the solinod bracket in to it so it wouldn't move.
Old 03-24-11 | 12:32 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

I can see the solenoid mounted on the abs bracket. Will be tuned for updates.
Old 03-24-11 | 03:03 AM
tk3000
Driver School Candidate

Nice base for a drift project. Problems with project cars could make anyone jump on the pipe So if your having any trouble jump on the forum. About the seat not moving it maybe a little plug type screw that came out from the bottom. Same thing happen on my passenger side. One on each side of rail. I had to go to a junkyard and take one off a seat to put on the bottom of mine.

Quick Reply: Sc 300 Project " in progress "