SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

One Thing That Pisses Me OFF!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 03:28 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry One Thing That Pisses Me OFF!!

Well I got a tip from a buddy saying there was a SC in a pick-and-pull yard near his house. He said the interior was all there and in pretty good condition, so I called them up and asked how much they would charge me for the door panels and they said ten dollars a side so I was like I'm on my way. Well I get there and low and behold its just like all the others Ive seen some a-hole just wants the speaker pods or the window regulator so they rip the dam door panel off just to get them out just demolishing it to pieces! Or they want the needles from the gauge cluster and bash in the face to get them out! Just leaving a heap of useless parts for the next guy this just PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!!!! Am I the only one or does anybody else feel like this? On a much lighter note there is a bright side to all of this I did happen to find these in under all of the mess that the geniuses left behind. It looked like some one was going to replace these parts before they let it go to the wrecker. Check'em it out it wasn't a total loss after all

Brand new D-shaft insulators and tranny mount took them up to the cashier and they only charged me $20.00. Can some one say SCORE!!!!!
Old 03-23-11, 03:31 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f'ckin a' man.
sorry about the door panels, I know I could use a set, too.
Old 03-23-11, 03:33 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, that does suck.

But hey, i could use one of those isolators...
Old 03-23-11, 03:39 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Dude, that does suck.

But hey, i could use one of those isolators...
I'm going to use these but I do have some other ones I took off another SC I was going to replace mine with i'll post some pics if you want to see them. LMK
Old 03-23-11, 03:42 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of those d -shaft insulators?

and what do they usually sell for?

thanks--just curious is all
Old 03-23-11, 03:44 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its like that here too, pisses me off. you gotta be first to get the good stuff or some POS will destroy what you need for a $5 part... personally, i hit the yards 1-2 times a week and always carefully remove the decent parts in my way to get what i need, leaving the decent parts neatly in the rear seat or trunk for the next guy.
Old 03-23-11, 04:01 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of those d -shaft insulators?

and what do they usually sell for?

thanks--just curious is all
Their purpose is to dampen vibration on the drive shaft (D-shaft) they go between the shaft and transmission and the shaft and rear end. Unless you changed yours out recently I can almost gurantee yous are cracked and need to be replaced right along with your tranny mount.
Old 03-23-11, 04:04 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nine3es
its like that here too, pisses me off. you gotta be first to get the good stuff or some POS will destroy what you need for a $5 part... personally, i hit the yards 1-2 times a week and always carefully remove the decent parts in my way to get what i need, leaving the decent parts neatly in the rear seat or trunk for the next guy.
Yeah man you just cant win unless your first to get there your pretty much SOL!
I too am very careful when removing parts so the next guy can can have a go at some decent findings.
Old 03-23-11, 04:06 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by socal72
Their purpose is to dampen vibration on the drive shaft (D-shaft) they go between the shaft and transmission and the shaft and rear end. Unless you changed yours out recently I can almost gurantee yous are cracked and need to be replaced right along with your tranny mount.
Thanks for explaining that .

My drive shaft has been making a slight flickering sound for the last year or so --ever since i bought it pretty much------some of the others mentioned it could be the rubber connectors--i think these are what they meant.

thanks again
Old 03-23-11, 04:31 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I enjoy going to pick and pulls im like a kid in a candy/toy store, and your not the only one i hate when people just rip apart/break things to get to parts they need, instead of properly removing them and letting the next person get what they need or want

Congrats on the score

Last edited by Joey-E; 03-23-11 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 05:36 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
I enjoy going to pick and pulls im like a kid in a candy/toy store, and your not the only one i hate when people just rip apart/break things to get to parts they need, instead of properly removing them and letting the next person get what they need or want

Congrats on the score

There were 4 at the San Antonio pick and pull on the south side, I managed 1 Mint Headlight and 1 OK one when I went but the interiors are all tan, and shredded
Old 03-23-11, 07:52 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joey-E

Congrats on the score
Yeah it was a nice score thanks it sort of made me feel better but I really needed those door panels
Old 03-24-11, 03:28 AM
tk3000
Driver School Candidate

Love and hate. When I get to a junkyard I feel like I'm going to find a treasure, then I feel like s*^* because everything is ripped or gone.
Old 03-24-11, 09:16 AM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Replacing the tranny mount makes shifting into drive and reverse smoother right? I think I need to do this soon
Old 03-24-11, 11:00 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I've never been to a junkyard before. From what I've been told, we never get SC's here in OKC, so I don't bother to go.

Quick Reply: One Thing That Pisses Me OFF!!