SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Varrstoen Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 06:38 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
245s would rub w/ what i'm guessing to be 10+22 in the rears. 235s at most w/ a plain roll/shave.
Originally Posted by moosejaw2
being in Cali
You can order through Varrosten directly
you might save yourself the shipping too

thanks for the tips Ill keep that in mind if i go with these. Ill call em directly.. the shop online just went to a PDF...

I just been accustomed goin thru distributors. some manufacturers wont even give you a call back if you inquire or ask for tech support about their products.
Old 03-28-11, 06:51 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Fair warning the +22 offsets wont clear supra TT brakes i tried.
Originally Posted by moosejaw2
Now before I bought I was told by Varrstoen that the +22 offset would fit my car (stock height) without any issues. Im lowered on Megans and i really didnt want a aggressive look.
It turns out that i may have to roll/pull my fender for the +22 offset
Here's a pic of the rear. The front(no pic taken) fits the same.
This really confuses me, especially the pic. It looks like those wheels sit out far enough for Supra brakes to clear. Maybe I'm just confused, but can anyone explain??
Old 03-28-11, 07:06 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RSTSpeed
This really confuses me, especially the pic. It looks like those wheels sit out far enough for Supra brakes to clear. Maybe I'm just confused, but can anyone explain??
100% 9.5/10.5 +22 will not clear Supra TT brakes... you can try.. if you dont believe me.. If you get extended lugs and spacers you will clear.. but then you are looking at even more aggressive look.
Old 03-28-11, 07:53 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

guys forgive my ignorance but I am still not 100% on the meaning of the offsets.

zero offset would mean the hub of the wheel is perfectly centred?

Negative would mean its nearer to the back?

Positive near the front?

so a positive offset would have more of a sunk look and a negative would cause the wheel to stick out more?

sorry---- i know this is quite basic to most but i just want to make sure i understand it correctly.

thanks in advance
Old 03-28-11, 08:43 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

pretty much. 0 offset means the difference between the center of the wheel and where it mounts to the hub is nil, hence +0 or 0mm backspacing. +22 means that the center of the wheel sits inside of the hub by 22mm, making the +22 setup 22mm less aggressive. -10mm would mean that the center of the wheel is outside of the hub, usually resulting in the poke that all the cool kids nowdays drool for.
Old 03-28-11, 08:48 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
pretty much. 0 offset means the difference between the center of the wheel and where it mounts to the hub is nil, hence +0 or 0mm backspacing. +22 means that the center of the wheel sits inside of the hub by 22mm, making the +22 setup 22mm less aggressive. -10mm would mean that the center of the wheel is outside of the hub, usually resulting in the poke that all the cool kids nowdays drool for.
thanks for explaining that
Old 03-28-11, 08:59 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

100% 9.5/10.5 +22 will not clear Supra TT brakes... you can try.. if you dont believe me.. If you get extended lugs and spacers you will clear.. but then you are looking at even more aggressive look.
I'm not doubting you. But from what I can remember, people with LS400 or Supra brakes can use a 15mm spacer and clear, yes? That's why I'm not understanding why a +22mm offset won't.

PS - sorry to the OP for changing the topic yet again!
Old 03-28-11, 08:59 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSTSpeed
Elite hit it on the nail.
Even though it looks like the wheel is far enough out to clear the calipers, the spoke design is key when clearing brake components. Reasoning for the usual lack of lip when fitting wheels around brake kits; however this is not always true, running widebodies and flares will cure the situation.
Old 03-28-11, 09:55 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SChema
Elite hit it on the nail.
Even though it looks like the wheel is far enough out to clear the calipers, the spoke design is key when clearing brake components. Reasoning for the usual lack of lip when fitting wheels around brake kits; however this is not always true, running widebodies and flares will cure the situation.
Ahhhh... so those spokes are the problem... gotcha. Thanks!
Old 03-28-11, 11:12 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

^ yea sorry I should of explained the spokes. Offset plays a role, however the design of all rims will defer in what clears and what doesnt clear... AKA Stock Supra TT RIMS have a high offset +40~ and they clear TT brakes... vs These Varrstoen +22 and still dont clear.
Old 03-29-11, 12:04 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea the concave spokes of the wheel is what causes the issue..
Old 03-29-11, 12:19 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Johnny, do you know how much of a spacer we will need to clear? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be more than 5mm?

Also not exactly sure if the ls400 brakes are thinner than the TT brakes.

I'm sure you can pass with a 240/35 on the x10.5 but it'll be a pretty aggressive stretch. Best bet would probably to go 245 as arodalob mention.
Also depends which tires you get some have thicker sidewalls..

100% roll is required, or prepare to rub like a ****
Old 03-29-11, 08:53 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Johnny, do you know how much of a spacer we will need to clear? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be more than 5mm?

I'm sure you can pass with a 240/35 on the x10.5 but it'll be a pretty aggressive stretch. Best bet would probably to go 245 as arodalob mention.
Also depends which tires you get some have thicker sidewalls..

100% roll is required, or prepare to rub like a ****
I think LS400 are thinner than the TT brakes but not by much. I would go with extended studs and spacer between 5-10mm. You are going have a pretty aggressive stretch. 245 tire would do it I think.

If you are going do that I would just run the +15? offset that some guy on here with the polished varrstoens setup is doing.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6067840-post1.html
Those I bet clear the brakes and then no need to get spacers or studs.

I really wanted to try these RIMS on, however they were way too agressive for my car, because I needed to clear my brakes =(

Last edited by eliteskill; 03-29-11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-29-11, 10:58 AM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
According to my fitment, LS400 calipers are slightly less aggressive. I recently purchased a set of Classics with Supra fitment which requires a 5mm spacer to clear TT calipers.

The spacer was not needed when mounted over LS400 calipers. I have a mm or two before the caliper begins to touch the spokes. It's a tight fit but it does clear.
Old 03-29-11, 11:46 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think LS400 are thinner than the TT brakes but not by much. I would go with extended studs and spacer between 5-10mm. You are going have a pretty aggressive stretch. 245 tire would do it I think.

If you are going do that I would just run the +15? offset that some guy on here with the polished varrstoens setup is doing.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6067840-post1.html
Those I bet clear the brakes and then no need to get spacers or studs.

I really wanted to try these RIMS on, however they were way too agressive for my car, because I needed to clear my brakes =(
I would try for the more aggressive setup like the +15 but i do not want to pull my fenders. Not sure if outlaw was running a TT setup or the ls400 set up. But if there someone in the SGV we can test to see if it clears the ls400 on my car.

Do it! I REALLY want these rims, but i would have to buy them and then pray that my 521's sell.

Originally Posted by SChema
According to my fitment, LS400 calipers are slightly less aggressive. I recently purchased a set of Classics with Supra fitment which requires a 5mm spacer to clear TT calipers.

The spacer was not needed when mounted over LS400 calipers. I have a mm or two before the caliper begins to touch the spokes. It's a tight fit but it does clear.
Hmm, not sure if this is relevant but i tried my brothers wheels LineaCorse Lemans which was 19x10 +43 on my ls400 and it wouldn't clear. I guess we just gotta wait for someone to test it out.

Or if you guys are down to shoot me some cash and test it for you

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Rims