SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The estimate has arrived.... 10.3k!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11 | 05:04 PM
VWLOVER
Driver

I agree! well he has what is called.....COMPULSORY INsurance....which comes with your inspection sticker.....It is a PIP policy.......This dude is driving a 2009 Jeep Wrangler......go figure!

Tomorrow, i will be taking the estimate to his job...... most likely, we will be going to court.......

what a pain in the butt......oh well...that is life!!!
Old 03-26-11 | 05:48 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Damn, that is some crap right there. Keep us posted if you have to take it to court.
Old 03-26-11 | 06:54 PM
boostinsc
Racer

I will sell you mine for 10k it's pretty clean dropped 98sc300 stock under 90k miles
Old 03-26-11 | 08:07 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

No need to deal with the guy that hit you.....it's HIS insurance company that needs to pay.....and it's your insurance company's JOB to go after his insurance company for the repair bills. Let them fight it out in court if they have to. After all that is why you have insurance...is it not?...Your company pays the repair bill and dukes it out with the other guys insurance company for reimbursement, assuming there is an issue. BTW, PIP is Personal Injury Protection.....did someone get hurt...?
Old 03-26-11 | 08:50 PM
VWLOVER
Driver

I will certainly take your advise....I have full coverage on my 400. thanks!
Old 03-26-11 | 10:33 PM
Timo5701
Rookie

1st off damn that sucks about the car but at least your ok! Yeah caps on insurance is a ***** but you have full coverage right? And for peeps talkin bad about body shops when was the last time you saw a shop rate of $33 an hour? IDK about the part prices maybe inflated for being in PR?
Old 03-27-11 | 12:50 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

There is no reason for you to communicate with the person who hit you after you get his insurance info. All you need to do now is let your own insurance company handle it. I have dealt with lots of insurance bull**** in my life (two wrecked SCs and working in body shops for 10 years). Who is your insurance provider?
Old 03-27-11 | 06:13 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Timo5701
1st off damn that sucks about the car but at least your ok! Yeah caps on insurance is a ***** but you have full coverage right? And for peeps talkin bad about body shops when was the last time you saw a shop rate of $33 an hour? IDK about the part prices maybe inflated for being in PR?
im not sure what u mean by this---are u telling me that body shops charge 33 and hour? or???

not trying to be rude i just dont understand that statement---because there is no shops that charge 33 an hour in my opinion

thanks
Old 03-27-11 | 09:19 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Wait... Something about this reeks. Every state has a state minimum coverage. In florida it's $10k Personal Insury and $10k Property. Source:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/frfaqgen.html

If he had Florida plates a $3k liability policy is ILLEGAL, and any insurance company that would provide that is in breach.

Also read here:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/frfaqcrash.html

If I own a vehicle and the operator caused a crash involving only property damages, will it come under the Florida Financial Responsibility Law?

No. A crash involving no bodily injuries are subject to the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law. The law requires that an owner whose vehicle is involved in a crash and the operator was charged with a moving traffic violation, must have in effect a policy with limits of $10,000 personal injury protection per person/per crash and $10,000 property damage liability per crash (compulsory coverage) .
Whoever is telling you $3000 is lying to you

Last edited by Klaus; 03-27-11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-27-11 | 10:19 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
im not sure what u mean by this---are u telling me that body shops charge 33 and hour? or???

not trying to be rude i just dont understand that statement---because there is no shops that charge 33 an hour in my opinion

thanks
Here is Cali, it's absolutely unheard of to find body shop labor rates that low. typically, they would be at least twice that much ... or more!
Old 03-27-11 | 10:59 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Klaus
Wait... Something about this reeks. Every state has a state minimum coverage. In florida it's $10k Personal Insury and $10k Property. Source:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/frfaqgen.html

If he had Florida plates a $3k liability policy is ILLEGAL, and any insurance company that would provide that is in breach.

Also read here:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/frfaqcrash.html

Whoever is telling you $3000 is lying to you
yes my thoughts exactly!!!

doesnt make sense--doesnt add up---i dont know the laws of each state or any state for that matter but common sense tells me something is wrong with that 3 grand coverage.

Originally Posted by good2go
Here is Cali, it's absolutely unheard of to find body shop labor rates that low. typically, they would be at least twice that much ... or more!
yes same here--i think if u could find a shop that charges even double that you would be lucky.
Old 03-27-11 | 01:05 PM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

after looking at that estimate thoroughly it looks about right.. honestly, its the parts that are whats costing an arm and a leg but the labor rates are actually low (of course this is all reflective of the competitive costs of businesses in the area). and especially if its an insurance job, the idea is to always restore the car to pre-accident condition. for saftey reasons, you dont cut corners. so it looks about right to me. good luck with everything! and hopefully the shop you choose, is a good one!
Old 03-27-11 | 01:17 PM
VWLOVER
Driver

Sorry, I am in Puerto Rico....not Florida.....anyway, I will get to the bottom of this insurance issue soon......

I was online last night...I was able to find most of the parts for about $ 3,300...excluding the shipping cost....

Soooooooooooo, i can get my baby...back on the road for about 7k......

I am willing to do 7k, but 10k is out of the question...10k is bad math....

thanks guys...i will keep you all posted!!!!

Here are a few pics of my SC at rest..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-27-11 | 01:48 PM
sclean
BANNED SCAMMER BEWARE

i think thats a little over priced
Old 03-27-11 | 03:50 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gorilaFART
after looking at that estimate thoroughly it looks about right.. honestly, its the parts that are whats costing an arm and a leg but the labor rates are actually low (of course this is all reflective of the competitive costs of businesses in the area). and especially if its an insurance job, the idea is to always restore the car to pre-accident condition. for saftey reasons, you dont cut corners. so it looks about right to me. good luck with everything! and hopefully the shop you choose, is a good one!
he should be able to source out the parts for a much better price.

and i dont agree---they are overcharging on almost everything.

on another note im sorry but i find it difficult to take you seriously with that name.

Quick Reply: The estimate has arrived.... 10.3k!!!!!!