SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who's Slammed black SC with 1J is this???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 07:28 PM
Access
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only ppl that wish they could go lower on their coils hate on airS
Old 03-30-11, 08:37 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent123
I dont get why ppl hate on air susp, i'm sure he drives lower than most ppl do on coils. And parks WAY lower than all those that are static
since you asked...

1. there's no debate that you can dump your car with air lower than the next guy that's static on Coils.

2. i'm not impressed with guys on Air who drive to a meet/show with their car all lifted, and then slam their car thinking they the shyeeit because they're lower when parked. Which is usually the case. yes, usually.

3. I believe if ur gonna ride slammed, then ride slammed ALL the time. Bags are cheating point blank. If you cant handle the speed bumps, then dont ride that low. I don't care how much it costs you.

4. It funny because even in Japan where they are the most hardcore with aggressive ride heights, LOTS of the VIP cars have been veering away from Air, and more and more big body sedans are DUMPED and riding pure Static while people assume they are on air, but they have no tanks in their trunk anywhere. And I'm pretty sure its not because they cant afford Air. Thats Proof that everyone doesn't want air.

5. Coils are better in terms of spirited/performance driving all around. Bags are not meant for that. Even the electronic air ride suspensions found in some BMW and Benz are only functional after certain highway speeds above 60mph.

6. imo, even Cup Kits are better than going completely Aired. cause at least you can ride strictly on the coils whenever you feel like it and enjoy the performance of the coils. But completely on Air? no thanks. again, its all preference and your reasoning for why you do it.

Last edited by MIGS; 03-30-11 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-30-11, 08:39 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Access
i personally don't like the way cars on air look when they are so dumped laying frame. its a preference not a hate/love thing.

like hardcore performance guys in Evo's who drive around on expensive coils which can be slammed low as hell, but prefer to keep their 1" gap so their cars can actually get better performance, rather than being dumped and bottoming out on potholes like many slammed guys do to be "cool". I understand that. It's a preference.

Last edited by MIGS; 03-30-11 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-31-11, 12:29 AM
benxd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vincent123
I dont get why ppl hate on air susp, i'm sure he drives lower than most ppl do on coils. And parks WAY lower than all those that are static
Vincent dropping knowledge on the noobs lol

JG's car is pretty clean...the body work, wheel fitment, Leons, 1JZ, etc and just because it's on air then it's meh? C'mon now.

Old 03-31-11, 01:10 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the stance on this car is sick
Old 03-31-11, 02:06 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGS
since you asked...

1. there's no debate that you can dump your car with air lower than the next guy that's static on Coils.

2. i'm not impressed with guys on Air who drive to a meet/show with their car all lifted, and then slam their car thinking they the shyeeit because they're lower when parked. Which is usually the case. yes, usually.

3. I believe if ur gonna ride slammed, then ride slammed ALL the time. Bags are cheating point blank. If you cant handle the speed bumps, then dont ride that low. I don't care how much it costs you.

4. It funny because even in Japan where they are the most hardcore with aggressive ride heights, LOTS of the VIP cars have been veering away from Air, and more and more big body sedans are DUMPED and riding pure Static while people assume they are on air, but they have no tanks in their trunk anywhere. And I'm pretty sure its not because they cant afford Air. Thats Proof that everyone doesn't want air.

5. Coils are better in terms of spirited/performance driving all around. Bags are not meant for that. Even the electronic air ride suspensions found in some BMW and Benz are only functional after certain highway speeds above 60mph.

6. imo, even Cup Kits are better than going completely Aired. cause at least you can ride strictly on the coils whenever you feel like it and enjoy the performance of the coils. But completely on Air? no thanks. again, its all preference and your reasoning for why you do it.

Ok u win. Bags are for ****. Switches are for btches.
I wasnt expecting a whole essay on my 1 sentence comment on air

Originally Posted by benxd
Vincent dropping knowledge on the noobs lol

JG's car is pretty clean...the body work, wheel fitment, Leons, 1JZ, etc and just because it's on air then it's meh? C'mon now.

most definitely. Jgdynamic's car is clean regardless if its on air or coils.
Old 03-31-11, 02:41 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ hahah

Jeriel's car is fckn sick. Saw it cruising a couple weeks ago when I was at The Hat. He was riding slammed for those who care, but seriously, who cares about air vs. coils. To each his own.
Old 03-31-11, 02:48 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the kind words guys.... 1/2 thanks to migs. The only reason i went air is because... I CAN. Been through it with coilovers and wanted a different flavor.

Before i changed wheels, i tried dropping it as much as possible, but it was impractical for LA.

MIGS... 3. I believe if ur gonna ride slammed, then ride slammed ALL the time.
MIGS... i personally don't like the way cars on air look when they are so dumped laying frame. its a preference not a hate/love thing.
apparently, somebody is confused.

In any case, everybody is entitled to their opinions and i think its cute when they express their feelings, but what can you do?

thanks guys!

Last edited by jgdynamics; 03-31-11 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-31-11, 08:19 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

lol @ getting all butt hurt because EVERYONE dosen't like/care for Air.

your car is slammed, but its not laying frame. which is why it looks good imo.

there is no confusion son.

Last edited by MIGS; 03-31-11 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-31-11, 08:33 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

the tires are too small for the wheels
Old 03-31-11, 08:42 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 93MSB
the tires are too small for the wheels
i knew that was coming..
Old 03-31-11, 09:16 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

anyone have any more pictures??
Old 03-31-11, 09:57 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Access
Wrong, having had both air and coils on my previous car... Id go with coils everyday. I found myself driving with my car almost air'd out all the time cause I wanted the car to be low when rolling, not just parked. Its all personal preference but Id never spend the money on air ever again (my coils went lower than my air set-up). I like simplicity, and coils are just that... simple.

As for the car, I ****ing love it. I think it looks great, regardless if its on air or not.
Old 03-31-11, 09:59 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://vimeo.com/8214557

old video

Last edited by kez; 03-31-11 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-31-11, 10:05 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

I have 3 Lexus, 2 slammed on coils and one with Airrunner... Coils ride great but with air I dont have to play strategery with driveways...
The front bumper scrapes soo much on a dumped SC that air is wonderful...

Quick Reply: Who's Slammed black SC with 1J is this???